Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 2

Old 10-26-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Thanks
Old 10-26-2014, 01:51 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

just finished a wonderful sober day 8 after a scary (and my first ever) withdrawal, which lasted for the first 5 days. so glad to finally be taking my first real genuinely-motivated steps towards getting my life back after feeling the slow loss of control and respect for myself for the past 3 and a half years. hi everyone
Old 10-26-2014, 02:00 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Two days behind you Pivitolplains, well done for 5 days
Old 10-26-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Well done Pivotal... its tough to stick it out, but we all want the same thing on here, to get our lives back free of the beast on our backs... just gotta keep weighing up the positives, and squishing the AV when it tells us to go back to it!!!

Best of luck and enjoy sobriety!
Old 10-26-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Not having a good day. My driving lesson did not go well so I was already wobbly when I got home, only to discover that my husband hadn't bothered doing the one thing I asked him to do around the house (in his defence he's normally very good about this stuff, this is a pretty unusual event). I was ridiculously upset, ended up locking myself in the bathroom and having a good cry.

Still feeling very very wobbly. I'm absolutely NOT going to have a drink, but I'd be lying if I said i didn't want one very very much.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Day 11 and feel myself settling down. Keeping myself busy at work. Sleeping much better, but still only getting about 6 hours. Still eating loads. I hope this settles too.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Chiffon and pivotal, welcome and well done! SR and being able to "check in" every day is a wonderful tool in keeping me from drinking one day at a time.

I had just drifted off around ten pm last night when a friend who was one of my few drinking buddies called, all drunk and chatty. I snapped at her, hung up and then took ages to get back to sleep. Grrr.

Taking my van about 200 miles round-trip this morning to pick up an electric wheelchair for someone I know. Then going to this cool place - it's a faithfully recreated 1800s-era town, with steam train and paddle boat rides. All the workers dress in period costumes and they go all out for Halloween. It's about three miles from my house and just neat, if somewhat hokey.

Hve a sober day everyone! Let's make it through the weekend without picking up!
Old 10-26-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Morning all. Day 5 for me.

Had a great and sober time with the family at the zoo Halloween last night. Really glad I was able to enjoy it sober and the kids were great.

Have church and other plans set for the day. No thoughts of drinking today and then work tomorrow to distract me (hooray).

Hope everyone has a sober Sunday.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Pushkin - be easy on yourself. My emotions are all over the place and probably will stay that way for a while. Cravings too, but congratulations on not drinking. Go, you!

Kevin, well done. I'm not a big eater anyway, but I've been eating more, especially sugary stuff. I figured out I've been drinking about 2,000 calories a day just in booze which is pretty horrifying now that I think about it.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Stick to it Pushkin... its a big change in what you do, so you have to fine tune your emotions and actions... your major hobby and mood alterer has gone, so its just you in charge, and it will turn out to be awesome, after you get to know yourself again!!! just don't invite the demon back in as he will steal his share of your soul...
Happy, cloudy, cold sunday.... perfect for chilling out and eating cake!
Old 10-26-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Hi Chiffon and Pivotal! Glad you jumped in.

Kevin~ Its great to hear that you're finally feeling better. My sleep is still a little wonky too. It's better though! Keep hanging in.

Enfinthechange~. Did I miss breakfast?!

Pushkin~ The lesson may not have gone so well, but you handled it beautifully! A good cry is the healthy way to let it out. Big hugs, honey bunny.

Have a restful, relaxing, sober Sunday friends!
Old 10-26-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Checking in for another sober morning.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Good morning people. Woke early, after 8 hours in bed. I slept well, but still feel tired. That happens to me in early sobriety. Brain fog sort of thing. But, I do feel myself snap out of the low mood as I cleanse my body. Just a few days reveal to me how much alcohol causes me greater depression. My mood changes quickly after just a few days of healthful living with some exercise.

Pushkin, pretty much bedtime for you, right? Maybe turn in early and have a better day tomorrow? I use an early bedtime to reduce my cravings sometimes. Just go to bed, as I never want a drink in the morning. So, that trick really helps for me. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

So many of you doing fun fall festival sorts of things! We have had soccer schedules in the middle of the day that prevent the day trip sort of things. I really want to go apple picking one more time, but our schedules today are scattered with soccer and church activity. But it looks to be a brisk fall day here.

Maybe we can buy pumpkins and carve one or two. We can certainly find time for that.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:17 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Afraid not Phoebe, it's just lunchtime here :-)

Thanks for all the support everyone, it really does help. Had to run some errands but am home now and I'm going to pamper myself for the rest of the day. Hot bath, good book, roast dinner (cooked by the hubby) and an early night.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Conquest, sorry mate the apple and pork sausages, hash brown, beans, plum tomatoes , scrambled eggs from my chickens and toast has all gone....

Pop round next time !!!

Pushkin - wish I could have a bath... we took ours out 2 months ago anticipating a new bathroom, but still have an empty shell................good job theres a shower downstairs
Old 10-26-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 10. I am so sick, alcohol is definitely safe today. I prob ably won't move far from my bed today.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

I know that feeling enfin! We renovated our bathroom earlier this year and because we did it ourselves it took ages. I had to shower at the gym for a whole month.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Oh poor chickchick.... at least its helping you clock up the days, and after you're better you will be further from the drinking days!!!

Pushkin... we were going to do it ourselves, but all the pipework is crackers... cant get hold of the tradesmen who came to see it... everything is sooooooo slow!!! One day I will have a dream bathroom... well, sort of dream!!!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

I'm right where you are Pivitol, day 8 for me as well after detoxing all week. It was a nightmare but I'm starting to feel human again. Now it's time to find some support and get through another week clean!

I used to spend all day making phone calls and reaching out for drugs so today I'm putting forth that same effort in finding support instead. I may try AA tonight just to at least get some phone numbers
Old 10-26-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Day 24.

Watching AMCs fear festival.

Tremors part two...it's god awful...yet I can't look away...