Notices

Class of September 2014 part 3

Old 09-30-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

O9/29/14 - hope there is still room for one more!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

^^^Every seat is first class in this place!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Welcome, Ellay! You made it, just under the wire!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryingInTexas View Post
Finished the day's business on first sober out-of-town trip. These observations:

Politely turned down invite to watch the Pats in the nearby pub. Nobody offended.

Instead I walked around, had awesome Chinese in a little hole-in-the-wall (and actually tasted the food and got out for $10 instead of $30 of overpriced beer) and . . .

stopped in a shady nightclub (and had a couple of Diet Cokes and great laughs with the bartender, and got out for FREE because she liked talking to someone not drunk), and . . .

made my 6:30 AM flight with time to spare and no trace of a headache. Why did I think drinking all night on the road was fun?
Way to go T in T.....

Business travel was kind and rough on me at the same time. Domestic and international travel...

I became pretty cultured, but man, did I drink a lot. They love to drink in Denmark!

Although back in 2012 I want a month without drinking and spent two weeks in DK and didn't have a drop. Your trip reminded me of that trip...I remember it well....I was sober!...Heh..
Old 09-30-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briseis View Post
My allotted time to read these boards in the am is almost up (re: coffee almost gone). Time to get this day started!
Gonna clean house and hit the gym for leg day--hope you all have the best sober Tuesday and wrap September up with a bang!

This morning I woke early and was thinking of sleeping in (kids stayed with dad last night) but I got up anyway, made my coffee, went in for the first delicious sip..... the milk had gone bad!
So I went to gym instead, leg day for me too!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
O9/29/14 - hope there is still room for one more!
Of course....in the knick of time...Welcome!

Originally Posted by JD4010 View Post
^^^Every seat is first class in this place!
Nice comment JD!
Old 09-30-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Welcome Ellay!
Old 09-30-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Day four starts now.

Had a good day yesterday. I was off work. For lunch, I went and ate at my favorite Thai place here, hadn't been there in months. Then I went to a noon AA meeting. It was the perfect meeting for me because more than most meetings it seemed to center around the issue of dealing with alcohol in the real world when you're trying to maintain sobriety. There are many meetings I've been to where the only time the word "alcohol" is mentioned is when the first step is read at the beginning. There is nothing wrong with that most of the time, but four days into this journey, I needed to hear how others have dealt with/are dealing with the idea that others can drink "normally" but I can't. Anyways, I heard a lot of good stuff in there.

Spent the rest of the day lazing around the house. Got my laundry done for the week. Read a whole bunch, watched a little television, checked on this board a few times throughout the day. No real cravings, just a couple of "right now is when I'd normally have a drink" thoughts throughout the day.

I'm only scheduled to work from 11 to 4 today but I may go ahead and pick up a shift for tonight. I'm going on a 9-day "last chance to go to the beach" trip with my family starting this Saturday so I should probably try to make a little extra money while I can. (This part of my family is very sober so drinking won't be an issue, by the way.) But I'm not sure yet. I may just work my normal shift and go to a meeting tonight. We'll see how I feel around 2:30 or so. Either way, I feel confident right now that I'll be able to make it through this day number four with my sobriety intact. I'm feeling pretty good for the most part. Been sleeping well. Been eating too much, but that's OK for now. My hands have a little shake to them but I know from past experience that'll be gone by the end of the week.

Wishing everyone a great and sober day today! Reading and posting on here has been a great way to start my day so far.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Morning! Hope y'all are doing well (or at least hanging in there) today. I got a whole buncha little annoyances going on-- totally first world problems! Issues w/ my daughter (health, grade in her foreign language class), the weather (80's yesterday, 50's today, predicted 70's tomorrow-- playing havoc w/ my arthritis), my monkey mind (which isn't happy about this being the 3rd Second Day this month-- funny, really, because until this month it was all about NO SOBER DAYS EVER).

Previously, this stack of petty annoyances would have me plotting on when to have the first drink of the day. But... no more. Bored with that now. I may end up drinking several pots of tea to compensate. *shrugs* (Also, I suspect I will spend some quality time w/ my fave iPad game as a distraction later today.....) It's more a struggle than it should be due to habit, loud AV, and hormones. (But... you already knew that, especially if you're a woman of a Certain Age....)
Old 09-30-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Alynn, CONGRATULATIONS ON 30 DAYS!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alynn View Post
Welcome wharf rat!

Day 30! Whew... It's been a roller coaster but I'm happier! Not worrying anymore about what I'm giving up but focused on what I am gaining. Life is much better without alcohol in the picture.
Nice!!!.....Congrats Alynn.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Awesome, Prudence! You can do this!!!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

This has be one of largest classes too!

I know there's a couple more 30+ers out there too....

There are so many September students..., I lost track....
Old 09-30-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Great night here! I got a call today from a potential English lesson client. The center of the universe is in my tiny little town bar (which is also a coffee shop, market, deli, everything really- but with alcohol). He asked to meet there for an interview of sorts. I was a bit hesitant at first, but I feel shielded by the antabuse now. I went and met him, ordered a water and we chatted. He hired me! It is really great to add a new paying client to my schedule, I need it. As for the water, no big deal at all, no one questioned why I was having water. I watched him and others sip on glasses of wine. I had a few slight pangs, but nothing major. I just can't drink now. Back home, safely sober. About to make a mega salad for dinner and watch tv.

Thank you to all that are posting your successes and counting off your days- it is REALLY helpful and inspiring to me. YOu all are amazing!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

On my day two and having quite a bad physical day.

Hit me at lunch time. Dizzy and shaky.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outdoors View Post
On my day two and having quite a bad physical day.

Hit me at lunch time. Dizzy and shaky.
Are you at work or are you able to rest? Maybe a nice sleep might help. Stay strong!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

@Meraviglioso

Wow! That's amazing.... I love hearing stories of triumph, no matter how big or small.... Congrats on the new client and walking out of that bar sober!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:52 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
This morning I woke early and was thinking of sleeping in (kids stayed with dad last night) but I got up anyway, made my coffee, went in for the first delicious sip..... the milk had gone bad!
So I went to gym instead, leg day for me too!
Oooooooohhh, icccckkkkk! That is horrible!!

But, at least you got a jump start on your caloric deficit

Leg day is so good, yet soooo bad. One of my favorite days of the week!!

And congrats on the new client AND conquering the pangs of desire @ your meeting!

Neverthought: Sandy and Midvale are great towns, so many cute areas to see
Old 09-30-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Are you at work or are you able to rest? Maybe a nice sleep might help. Stay strong!
At home but working. Thought working from home would be nice as it would let me post and be a little miserable in the comforts of home. I'm good mentally actually. Just feeling like a slug. 4PM is gym time, so hopefully that will aid in my physical state, usually snaps me out of hangovers.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:03 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hellooo
I joined SR in July of 2013. In late winter, a lot of things started to fall apart and I think I threw a fit. I landed in a bender that lasted all year until now. I love the month of September and I decided that I'd like to join the class of September even though it's the very last day.... Can I grab on to the tail end of my favorite month?
I look forward to meeting you all. And I feel really good about coming back to SR. I think I lost a few connections when I fell. I hope I didn't upset anyone. I have a clearer head these days. Or, that's what I hope to have.
I miss the support this site provided. But here I am, starting over again... Love, Plenny