Notices

I feel so unhealthy :-(

Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
I think just about anything is normal in early sobriety. We poison ourselves for years and expect things to return to normal in a few days. The body can repair itself but it takes time
Exactly. The thing to remember is that it does get better.

For me, it was about a month for the acute physical transitions.

One thing I'd recommend is trying to put it all in perspective. How "great" did we feel while drinking? Headaches, bloat, digestive tract "issues," sore eyes, aches ... and that's just the physical stuff.

Give it time.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jupiters View Post
I think it's b/c we never really "slept" when drinking, at least I know I wasn't. Passing out doesn't = good sleep.
Our poor bodies were deprived of so much for so long. Sleep, vitamins/nutrients, exercise, self care..etc.
No wonder we feel "whack" when we stop.
this is so true
Old 09-04-2014, 12:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

long periods of malnutrition, no sleep or very poor quality of sleep with poison running through our brains, non-existent exercise to maintain muscle strength, constantly feeding our minds with negative thoughts, forgetting to even shower or brush our hair/teeth...I mean jesus, the list is ENDLESS of the abuse we did. Some for many many years.

I really try to remember that when I'm having an "off" day or a hard day. It's going to take time for this get better after what was done. We are resilient creatures but we aren't machines.