Notices

Crack in my Sobriety

Old 08-20-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

"and I DO feel short fused these days...."

now that there is something I can really relate to!! not only was it short it was quick burning!!
after the fog wore off anger was hittin me..BAD! every friggin thing was botherin me and I had no clue what was causing it, but did know I didn't like it and wanted to learn how to get rid of it.
so I looked into the BB. the program taught me how to look at myself and see the causes and conditions of it and how to get rid of it( and I truly believe anger to be a dubious luxury I cant afford).
it took T.I.M.E. but with practice I was able to get a LOT better with anger.
one thing I learned is theres a difference between anger and frustration. today I don't get angry often, but it does happen, but I have a solution for it.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i was able to use the aa meeting and the people in aa for my escape from my anger nu, i would share my pain and throw myself wide open in the rooms, i always felt release and peace come back over me
i might of been angry all day long but as soon as i got into the rooms of aa and amongst my own kind of people even that would simmer me down

i dont need to do this as much in my life today as when i get hurt or angry i will either call my sponsor if i can not see what the problem is or i will see the problem myself and know i have to either accept somthing that i dont want to accept or that i have to change something that i dont want to change

either way the only way i find peace is by doing one of the other : )

your growing nu just like we all have to grow,
Old 08-20-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I get days like this a lot, when it all builds up and every thing seems to be just building as the day goes on until I feel like exploding!!

The positive thing is you're dealing with it without alcohol, I don't think there's anything wrong in thinking about drinking, it's what we do with those thoughts that count, do we go for that alcohol, or do we use the tools we have to deal with it in other ways, like coming onto SR and venting!!
Old 08-20-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry for the bump in the road, Nuu. I agree with the others who have concluded that you are dealing with this situation much better than you realize.

My bottom line in situations like this is to be willing to do anything necessary - anything - to keep from reaching for the first drink. Stay home from work? Done. Cut myself off from my family for awhile? No problem.

You are keeping your priorities (i.e. your sobriety) straight. Keep doing that and these other bumps in the road will soon be in your rear view mirror. Just keep driving, and keep your eyes on the road in front of you......
Old 08-20-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You're working hard on your sobriety and it's worth protecting, Nuudawn. Take care of yourself.

Maybe time to devise a plan for dealing with family when everyone is all together and there is a high expectation of "family joy." Which, as we all know, are two words that don't always fit together well.

Hang in there. You're doing well.