Notices

my drinking is out of control

Old 08-03-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

many of us moms and dads have screwed up big time. Start today to be the parent you know you can be and that your children deserve. You can do it. and Welcome.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dear Maggie, I too was quick to anger and had a loose tongue when I was drinking. I have four beautiful children that got their patient Mom back when I stopped drinking. To this day I thank the heavens above that I made the simple choice to put down the glass and change all our lives for the better. You can do it too. Absolutely you can.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Maggie

I'm sorry you had a trolling experience first up but rest assured that's not the norm here

you will find a ton of support here,

D
Old 08-03-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
I'm not sure if I want it enough if it means I have to quit drinking How awful that sounds but it is the truth of the matter.
At one recent point in my life, if I had to choose between my family or alcohol, I would have chosen alcohol. Eleven months of sobriety have given me a different perspective on things. What you said doesn't sound awful, it's just how alcohol addiction works.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Maggie,

I can't add much to what has been said but I want to assure you the dude that Dee 86ed on this thread is not representative of our normal poster. This place is full of great support. Keep posting we are here for you.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I can understand drinking a few around your kids, but when bad things are said it's time to stop.

Best of luck to you.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thank you for your honesty, MaggieLou. I think an addiction is more powerful than life. Good for you for coming here! I have tried to stop drinking a thousand times and never realized I need the help of others to do it.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I have been lurking for some time, I came across the site when I googled for some help with drinking to much.

I knew last night that member was not normal and would not be tolerated, I thought it would be best if I logged off and went to sleep.

The guilt of my actions, along with some anxiety lead me to write something down and looking back it's not the best introduction, I'm an alcoholic and treat children mean..... really it was trigger for someone to pounce.

Again I would like to thank you all for your support.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

We don't pounce here, there are so many stories and so much diversity, there is ALWAYS someone who has had a similar experience and therefore there is plenty of empathy. Please keep coming and posting, you'll find that certain people will follow your story and be your finest cheerleaders. It's very comforting to know you are not alone in your journey.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Maggie, you need to reassure your children that your the problem not them.. They're too young to try to work it out. Please do this first to clear the air so that if you do it again they won't take it to heart.. Please think of your children, I feel sad for you but you can change if you want. I feel worse for your children who can't change you. I mean
This with love.. Well done for taking the first step to making a better life for you... I know it's hard and no one knows what your going throughout you will get through this..
Old 08-04-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Maggie! I also have an eleven year old son, a nine yo son and a 14 yo son. They are my motivation. He will forgive you, he probably forgave you the next day! I have done things and said things my kids shouldn't see. My two little ones have picked me up off the floor. Seriously. Everything you are doing shows how great a mom you are and how much you love him. I never ever ever thought I could enjoy ANYTHING without a drink in my hand, but I am realizing that I CAN! I am also not hungover, after five
Months I still wake up in shock that I am not hung and it's a damn good feeling. I am also not guilty, I carried so so so much guilt as you are now. That will go away!!! Like a monkey flying off your back! Many moms on here, stay the course and when u feel shaky, look at your son for motivation! U can do it!
Old 08-04-2014, 06:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

MaggieLou thank you for your honesty. I feel the same as you. Not knowing if anything is more important. Not wanting to stop.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Maggie
You sound like a good and caring Mum.
Out the drink, and be even better and true to your real self.
You don't need the booze now.
G