Notices

anxiety about the weekend.. NOT giving in.

Old 08-01-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Our Weekend thread is great for extra support, everyone is welcome!!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...aug-1-3-a.html
Old 08-01-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sounds like there is allot of us struggling today, I am only on day 2, the longest I have ever went without wine was 21 days and that was a strict diet. Once I quit dieting and started drinking again the weight came back. I have 2 young kids 9 and 5 and it is heartbreaking when you realize they ways our drinking affects them. I want to drink so bad, but I want to drink like a normal drinker. That never happens!! I am having so much anxiety about it today I could scream!!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyfree2525 View Post
Sounds like there is allot of us struggling today, I am only on day 2, the longest I have ever went without wine was 21 days and that was a strict diet. Once I quit dieting and started drinking again the weight came back. I have 2 young kids 9 and 5 and it is heartbreaking when you realize they ways our drinking affects them. I want to drink so bad, but I want to drink like a normal drinker. That never happens!! I am having so much anxiety about it today I could scream!!
21 days is great! I dont think I've gone that long since I was pregnant. If you did it once, you can totally do it again! I have a 5, 7 and 9 year old. They are fun ages but its really hard too. Nobody tells you how hard being a mom to young kids is, but being a mom and being an alcoholic, now thats REALLY hard. I was having so much anxiety earlier, its kind of subsided now. (But I know its going to come back around dinner time)

I just made me and my kids some lemon ice tea, turned on some upbeat music really loud and we're sitting out in the sun. Made me feel WAY better. Hope you feel better!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have two kids - 2 and 4.

I started my journey in April and have not been consistently sober but have strung days and even weeks together. I just joined the August group, too.

Good luck all! I am hoping for early kiddo bedtime and a nice movie night with hubby.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I have two kids - 2 and 4.

I started my journey in April and have not been consistently sober but have strung days and even weeks together. I just joined the August group, too.

Good luck all! I am hoping for early kiddo bedtime and a nice movie night with hubby.
Aww 2 and 4 are SUCH cute ages!!! I miss those ages a lot. I'm in the same boat as far as not being consistent. But that's changing. I'm more determined than I've ever been. Its hard but we can do it!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Post in the 24 hour thread too, in Daily Support forum. It's one more way to commit to sobriety.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

OK well it's 1030 here in Seattle and I made it! First Friday without beer in a long long time. Hope you all are doing well also and get a good night's sleep! xxxooo to my new SR friends!
Old 08-01-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Cougar ,
glad you got to 10:30 or whatever it is now waking up sober in the morning is still a gift nearly 3 years on .
Stick with it

m
Old 08-01-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yay cougar!!! Its 10:55 here in California and I made it too, yay us!! Looking forward to a hangover free Saturday!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:04 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hope you all got through Friday night and feel good today. Happy sober Saturday
Old 08-01-2014, 11:06 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

It's still Friday here and I'm joining you all on this thread. Another mom who's tired of being chained to a glass of wine in the evenings.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I made it too! Had a great date night out last night alcohol free. Woke up this morning early but feeling good. Now off to see my babies (they spent the night with their grandmother) and work work work all day long. I can't wait to go greet them without my hangover face of death. Good job ladies (and gents!) let's all have a great Saturday!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good morning and happy Saturday! Committed to day 4!!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm really loving this thread! So many moms out there that are just like me/us. Happy sober Saturday ladies!! Yeeeahh! We made it. I'm giving you all virtual hugs and high fives lol. Its 9:20 in California I slept effing amazing! Stayed up late with my girls watching movies. First kicking and screaming with will ferrell (we love him) then we watched ace ventura, I totally forgot how inappropriate parts of that movie were. Lol. Had to make them close their eyes a couple times. Anyway, about to make my babies breakfast and clean my hardwood floors which is a total pain in the ass, but WAY easier when I'm not holding my breath so I dont puke on them! lol. Hope you all have a beautiful Saturday!!
Old 08-02-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Pancakes at 6 AM, check. 4 yr olds soccer game, check. Outside play, inside pretend grocery store, lunch, check.

Off to haircut and highlight for ME!! Day 3 in a row and I told myself I'd cancel this appt if I slipped. Phew.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Just checking in, beautiful day in Seattle. Took dog for long walk, went with kids to Boeing Field to watch the Blue Angels (google Seafair Seattle if you don't know about them- AMAZING!), now home to rest before football practice. That will take me up to 8pm so as long as I don't stop at the store on the way home, I should be good for another day! Stopped at 7-11 earlier for Slurpees for kids and instead of beer for me got a Slurpee too! Tasted great. Hang in there all.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 27cougar View Post
Just checking in, beautiful day in Seattle. Took dog for long walk, went with kids to Boeing Field to watch the Blue Angels (google Seafair Seattle if you don't know about them- AMAZING!), now home to rest before football practice. That will take me up to 8pm so as long as I don't stop at the store on the way home, I should be good for another day! Stopped at 7-11 earlier for Slurpees for kids and instead of beer for me got a Slurpee too! Tasted great. Hang in there all.
Wow cougar, sounds like an amazing day!! Well my day wasn't near as fun as yours lol! I feel like since ive been sober I have so much to catch up on around the house! I've been cleaning and organizing like a maniac. I'm finding so many empty bottles which is making me feel kinda gross but it's really making me glad I'm not drinking. So, cleaned my couches, mopped the floors, cleaned my kids rooms really nice and got rid of all their outgrown clothes so I could organize their drawers and closets, feels SO GOOD! Now I'm finishing up dinner so we can go on another hike after we eat its 6:30 and so beautful and sunny out! Glad you made another day sober!! Once tomorrow hits, itll be my first completely sober weekend, and by far the most enjoyable one, in forever, I'm so sticking to this!!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Great thread and was fun reading about everyone's kids. The days where mommy rushed through story time to get back to drinking were not all that long ago. It feels nice to be able to read to them sober. Although now they are both reading on their own. First and fourth grade. I'm not missing reading the same book over and over again though.

Slurpees at seven eleven are great. I'm partial to them.

Glad everyone is having fun.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Ruby2! It's looking like we all may have created or own "moms weekend thread!" Lol. I think we might need to do this every weekend!

I am bummed, didn't make it on our hike, but luckily it was because dinner came out so good, we were too stuffed to go on a hike, so I guess it could be worse. Even my picky 5 year old had seconds
Old 08-02-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Yep almost 10pm here and going to finish cleaning up and head to bed sober for the 4th night! Yay to all of us!