Notices

Going to a neighbour for a Bbq night - need support :-(

Old 07-25-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by cleanpipe75 View Post
...he aways buys some nice beer for us
Sounds like you were looking forward to being around the "nice beer," and that you're "crying" because you can't have it. After reading your follow-up post, it also seems that you're getting a kick out of the stimulation you're getting from being around the nice beer.

Time to get yourself out of there.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree cleanpipe- I used to get a perverse kind of thrill by being around beer and beer drinkers...

and if someone offered me a beer, well that wasn't my fault and it would be rude to not accept....I can't make a public announcement here about my alcoholism...my buddy looks so disappointed...it's only one beer...

if that didn't happen the first time, it happened the second or third...

there's nothing good for you over there.
You've made your appearance.

I'd go home

D
Old 07-26-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
EndGame

Your "silence," cleanpipe, is causing concern.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
I disagree with taking an alcoholic drink in hand to pretend you're drinking. It's easy for it to be topped up .At the end of the day there is no shame in NOT drinking and no shame in saying you are not drinking. you don't need to tell everyone your business, just say no

Pretending to drink, lying -to me it's just lying to yourself and pretending to be someone you're not. For me getting sober wasn't just stopping drinking but learning how to be honest and true with myself and stopping pretending to be someone I wasn't
My experience was living in Japan for 2 years. I saw people do it all the time. Why? because they always fill your empty glass up in Japan, it's considered very rude to allow anyone's cup to become empty. It's also the group mentality. People just don't want to stand out.

The Japanese are so forced into not offending and going with what everyone else does. I don't view it as a major integrity issue. Maybe because I lived there and I was married to a half-Japanese man.

I get that here just saying "not drinking today, thanks" would probably work but I just don't think it would work in Japan.

Funny enough, my ex-husband has the gene where when he drinks alcohol his skin turns red. Like all over. So he rarely drinks and he would regularly sit with a half full glass.

Unfortunately, seeing Japanese businessmen falling down drunk in the streets of Tokyo every night is common and they will go into work the next day bright and early. I don't know how they do it.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
EndGame

Been almost a week, Cleanpipe. What's going on?