Notices

Day 21

Old 08-01-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 21

My hairdresser commented, wow, you look really good! you look so different! I felt too self-conscious to be too honest and just said I've been concentrating on being healthy. Later, she turned to another hairdresser and said "I told my husband, enough is enough, I'm having wine tonight!". She's 5 months pregnant. It was just a strange moment because when I first quit drinking it felt like everyone was drinking and my hairdresser has never spoken about drinking until today and she hasn't seen me since I quit.

Was able to pick up my daughter from her playdate and speak with the mother and not be worried if she could smell alcohol on my breath.

It will be a weekend of cleaning and sorting...maybe I will go to the gym, I should go to the gym.

Oh, tomorrow I am seeing Echo and the Bunnymen. No drinking. Anyhow, a friend's teen daughter is babysitting and I already promised to drive her daughter home. I can do that now. I can promise to drive people home.

Saw Peter Murphy in the same venue 4-5 weeks ago and drank too much and spent the entire next day hungover. That was the beginning of the end of my drinking.

I've accepted I am just a person who can't drink alcohol. I am much better not drinking. It is obvious it does not agree with me.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good for you!!

You are giving yourself the best gift you could possibly imagine. It already sounds like you realize some of the benefits of not drinking. You will continue to find more and more benefits. (((HUGS)))
Old 08-01-2014, 09:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear. 21 days is awesome
Old 08-01-2014, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats! And apropos of nothing I can't believe Echo & the Bunnymen are still together!
Old 08-01-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Congratulations on your new life.

I love going to concerts clean and sober! No heading to the bar or bathroom, repeatedly. Clear memories of the show to enjoy. No fear of driving home drunk. A LOT more money in my pocket.

Have a great time!
Old 08-02-2014, 01:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fantastic!!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

21 days is awesome! Keep up the good work!!
Old 08-02-2014, 06:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Youre doing great. Life is so much sweeter when sober. I agree. It became so much easier for me when i realized i just cant drink anymore.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done, soberjuly. It sounds like you are doing just great.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
Congrats! And apropos of nothing I can't believe Echo & the Bunnymen are still together!
I know! and at their height I was too young to see them and they would have had to come to Minneapolis and I don't know if they ever did. It will be weird because I have zero plans to drink alcohol. I only had 2 drinks at Peter Murphy and didn't realize, until the next day, that my husband had ordered doubles. So 2 double gin and tonics. Yuck! It took the entire next day plus some to get rid of the awful hangover!