Notices

Dee74's Appreciation and Support

Old 07-15-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. Your words and support are always spot on, saying exactly what I need to hear. It's nice how you seem to remember each person on here and what's going on with them from day to day. You and the entire SR family are my main support system and I thank you for your time and words of wisdom. Best wishes to you always
Old 07-15-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dee

What else is there to say?

Old 07-15-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

hi Dee, I've just caught up with your housing problems. Wish I was in Brissy so I could help out personally, but wishing you all the best against in your search for a place to lay your head. Renting is a bugger in Australia, we just don't have the culture like in Europe where people can get really long term leases.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Rock on, Dee!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dee is the BEST! Whether on SR, by pm, or e-mail, he has had a huge influence on my recovery. I just have to believe that with all the support he has here, thoughts and prayers going up, that he and Mrs. Dee will soon find a purrfect place to live.

Love you Dee!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-15-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Dee thanks for always welcoming me back when I've relapsed in the past!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes, Dee's pretty amazing.

It never fails.. when I am at my lowest and posting , he shows up with the best encouraging words.

I don't know how he does it, but I know he spends a lot of time, thought and heart doing it.

Dee- thank you.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Dee a sincere thank you from me to you. Before joining SR this year I had hit rock bottom last year. I was researching how to combat a bright red complexion and yellow eyes from heavy drinking. Thought I could take some extra vitamins or something while I killed my self with alcohol. Lol

Not sure how but I stumbled onto this site. Your posts resignated with me. So much compassion, caring and truth to your words.

Thanks for all you do around here. You are helping change the lives of those in need. For that I am grateful.

If I can ever repay your generousity, all you have to do is ask.

Chris
Old 07-15-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Dee,

Thanks for your service to all who turn to SR for help. You have helped more people than you will ever know - you have changed lives.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
I remember always thinking Dee was some Forty something lady.. haha
lol.

Dee, you are of course a wonderful support to everyone and I really appreciate you don't pontificate, but rather, are happy to share stories we can relate to where you've had to drag your sorry backside through this also.

This thread is timely....I actually had a dream with Dee in it last night! :O
Old 07-15-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Count me in. I get to work with Dee on the "other side of the fence" and yes, the guy is awesome. I keep trying to get him to move out to the other side of the planet so we could hang out and chill together, but I just can't seem to convince him.

* maybe it's got something to do with there being too many cacti around here *

It's an honor working with you, Mr. Dee.

Mike
Old 07-15-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

You are awesome Dee! I just joined today and within minutes you welcomed me. You are not unfamiliar, however, as I have been a SR "lurker" for some time. Your advice and non-judgmental posts are one of the reasons I joined. Haha, as one of the posters above said, I too thought you were middle aged woman. Great getting to know a little more about you and thank you for all that you do!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Dee, words simply cannot express how much I appreciate you and all that you do here. You have helped to save lives ... mine included, and for that I will be forever grateful.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks....a million Dee. You are a godsend to each and every one of us.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Aussie, aussie, aussie. Thanks dee.. Never will i forget my first day posting. I had my worst withdrawals ever. Your immediate support gave me hope for myself. Thanks again.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thank you for all that you give to everyone here on SR, you amaze me with your wisdom and patience. You have been a constant inspiration to me, not only in recovery but in striving to be a better person.

Sending you love and prayers for a positive resolution to your housing situation.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Dee - you are always so wise, humble and honest in the advice you give. Thank you - you really are a rock for us at SR.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:58 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Dee...well, you're spectacular. I remember when I first came to connect with ya...cuz well, I think I was still feeling p*ssy boutcha removing one on my posts off the hop for being "a bit much for the Newcomer's forum". I'm grudgy like that : _
Geez...see how I even remember the words you used.
Anyways..it was one of your Floyd avatars and I remember commenting how cool it was that you found a pic of Floyd looking like some old 90's grunge music dude with his tshirt and checkered flannel.

I think a couple others chimed in about it. We had a whole conversation about the clothing style etc.

And then there was your comment that was something to the effect of.."um guys, it's just a Floyd head. That's my body".

I think I laughed so hard I started to cry. Like how does one yank their foot out of their mouth on that one. Had to repeat that story. It was probably the first real laugh of many I have enjoyed on this site.

Admire and appreciate ya madly.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:59 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks for all you do here Dee! Your advice is always spot on and reading your wise words has helped me so much. Best wishes.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:26 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee.

I remember, one day, I was just signing in on the 24-Hour Connections. I was in a particularly bad way. All it took, man, was a couple kind words from you, and the next day just kinda got better. I don't know you that well, but you helped a brother.

Love you, man.

michaels