Notices

Your daily truth from the Brave Girls Club

Old 09-16-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Absolutely love these last two...copied to my files. Thank you : )
Old 09-16-2014, 11:55 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I did too Nuudawn. Especially the last one. Me realizing that I was in charge of what I put up with and saying so is why I'm actually in a great relationship today. If I were to compare this one to any other I had ..... it's just night and day AND I'm actually happy and sober. Amazing!!

P.S. And you know what .... not just a happy marriage but a happy relationship with myself. I actually love myself today. It's unreal how much I hated me.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
I did too Nuudawn. Especially the last one. Me realizing that I was in charge of what I put up with and saying so is why I'm actually in a great relationship today. If I were to compare this one to any other I had ..... it's just night and day AND I'm actually happy and sober. Amazing!!

P.S. And you know what .... not just a happy marriage but a happy relationship with myself. I actually love myself today. It's unreal how much I hated me.
Abso-freakin-lutely!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Smart Girl,

Once upon a time, every great thing that EVER happened started out as just an idea, a thought, a WHAT IF?

Your favorite song was just a tune that someone couldn't get out of their head, so they wrote it down and worked on it until it was a song and then released it out into the world. Your favorite book was the idea of somebody somewhere who had a story to document, and they wrote and wrote and wrote until the book was done. We talk on cell phones, we drive amazing vehicles, we see national monuments, we participate in worthwhile organizations. ALL OF THOSE THINGS started out as just an idea.

And then someone kept going until the idea was a reality.

So please don't get caught up in thinking, beautiful girl, that your dreams, hopes and ambitions don't matter, that your ideas are dumb or unattainable. Please remember that pretty much everything you put to use on a daily basis came about because someone had an idea and followed through on it.

What if they hadn't followed through on it? What if they had been too afraid? THINK OF ALL OF THE THINGS that we would all be missing out on right now if the ideas of others never had a chance to be born.

Let your ideas be born, friend.

If it feels like it's time, it probably is.

You can do this. You are brilliant....and very very loved.
xoxo
Old 09-18-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Beautiful Girl,

Keep your thoughts in the places that you want to be, dear friend. It takes a tremendous amount of discipline, but it is so worth it to train your mind to shy away from fear, hopelessness, dread, negativity, anger and jealousy.

It truly is possible to practice turning your thoughts towards gratitude, happiness and goodness, true happiness for the accomplishments and blessings of others, hope for the future, and forgiveness....even in the most difficult of times.

Just make a solid decision that you will do whatever it takes to feel peace for the rest of the day. When a difficult feeling or situation arises, remind yourself of the commitment that you made that morning. Focus your mind on the beauty of the world, on the love that others have for you, on the love that you have for others, and on the blessings that you find in the moment (even if those blessings are as small as the fact that you have a roof over your head) and focus on hope for better days.

We must choose for yourself how you will feel, how you will react, how you will move forward in each moment. No one can do this for us. It is SO worth the work it takes to train ourselves to continuously focus on what is RIGHT rather than what is wrong.

You are phenomenal, strong and capable.
You can do this.

You are loved.

xoxo
Old 09-19-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear persistent girl,

The missing pieces of your life , the magic solutions and the save-the-day-heroes come from the most unlikely places....

It's important to be open to the surprise endings and beginnings that show up just when we think we have it all figured out.

Sometimes things that look like mistakes end up being great discoveries.

Often a person who seemed lackluster at first sight turns out to be our greatest teacher or friend.

Sometimes a disaster is just the final event that's meant to get something out of our life once and for all.

Be open...try to really really see what is really happening and what is possible. Life is full of beautiful and custom designed surprises!

You are loved.

xoxo
Old 09-20-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Fantastic Girl,

Life passes by so fast.....and often we don't recognize life-altering moments until long after they have happened. Often we let things pass by with our faces glued to screens and our minds on the future or on the past.

Take some time, beautiful friend, to create a snapshot in your mind that you will be able to recall later with vivid detail. Stop a few times each day and think about the way things look, the way things smell, the way things sound, and the way things feel. Look at who you are with and where you are standing...think about the circumstances that brought you to exactly where you are in that moment....then tell yourself that you will never forget this moment....because it will never happen again in just that way.

If we all could take a few moments each day to do this.....even if only once a day....life would feel so full, so rich, so beautiful....we would feel at peace and so grateful. This is what it means to "live in the moment" or to "be present".

Take some time to practice....it's a beautiful way to live....and you really really really deserve a beautiful way to live, sweet friend.

You are so very loved.

xoxo
Old 09-23-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Brave Girl,

We always have at least 2 choices in each moment...and these are 2 of the most important choices we will ever make, even if 2 is a tiny number.

We can always choose to LOOK FOR WHAT IS RIGHT...or we can choose to look for WHAT IS WRONG. Can you see what a marvelous and compelling difference there is in these 2 perspectives? One of them builds up relationships, brings hope and creates new ideas and joy. The other tears down confidence, feeds fear, keeps us stuck and makes us feel miserable.

Try it, dear friend. Just try it, especially if you feel stuck in a situation or relationship that feels all wrong. Just look for something that is right inside of it. There are ALWAYS gifts to be found in everything, even if those gifts are simply the lessons that we learn from difficult situations and people.

And one of the most beautiful and light-filled things you can do when you are faced with a difficult human being, is to go to the ends of the earth to find something beautiful and true and right about that person, and then do everything you can to SHOW that person what is right about them, instead of reminding them of what is "wrong". This experience will change both of your lives.

Miracles truly can happen when we focus on what is right and do our best to just learn from what is wrong.

You can do it. You are so amazing. And you are so loved.

xoxo
Old 09-24-2014, 06:58 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Boundless Girl,

Choosing to have hope in situations that others see as hopeless is one of the bravest acts possible in your life.

This choice is there for you to take hold of. You really can choose to see the good, even when you have to search through piles of rubble to find it. You can keep seeking for beauty, even when it seems hidden or buried. Your visionary soul can see a bright new future, one that will only be strengthened by the trials and struggles you've had to endure to get there...and the struggles that are sure to come.

The only better thing than hope like this is to go out and share it with others...and the more you share it, the more it will grow in your own heart. There are not many things that people (and this world) need and want and crave more than hope. So let's choose to spread it around...it will be so well received!

Choosing hope is heroic and brave.

You are so very loved.

xoxo
Old 09-25-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Brilliant Girl,

You have so much more you want to do, don't you?

Sweet friend, when making plans, or making goals, or making lists, try to make some space for setbacks, even expect a few "failures" along the way. This is NOT negative thinking; this is good planning and it will keep you from getting the wind knocked out of you.

There are so many times that we are humming along, doing great, checking things off on our list, achieving our goals one after another -- and then WHAM!!, something happens that spins everything out of control, or gets us off track, or makes us too tired, or distracts us.

These inevitable parts of life's journey can make us feel like we've failed, or like maybe we were on the wrong track, or like something is conspiring against us.

Beloved girl, this is just part of life -- plan for it. Plan for hurdles, expect difficulty and don't be surprised at unexpected surprises. Just stand up, dust off your knees and elbows...and get rolling again.

Wipe away the tears if necessary, but DO NOT QUIT.

You are doing this. You are capable, strong and amazing.

You can do this!

You are so so loved.

xoxo
Old 09-26-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Extraordinary Girl,

Is there something that is heavy on your heart?

Is something holding you back or keeping you in a state of worry or exhaustion or confusion or hurt?

Ask yourself an important question, dear friend. Will this matter a year from now? How much will it matter? When I look back in a year, will I wish I had handled anything differently? Will I regret how I am letting this hold me back?

Don't let your worries steal your day. If this WILL in fact affect your life a year from now, break it down into little chunks and take action. Taking action is a sure-fire way to begin to disintegrate worries and frustrations.

Get to work to make it better.

If it's something that really won't matter...then it's time to let it go.

There is too much that IS important to think about, to focus your energies and your thoughts on.

It's time to move forward. Go out and be your phenomenal self, and enjoy every second of it!

You are beloved.
xoxo
Old 09-30-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Brave Girl,

It starts with that first scary step...that step that we sometimes spend years avoiding and putting off...that step we often tell ourselves we will finally take 'tomorrow'.

What is so scary about that first step?

Let's put it into perspective and look at what it really is. It's just a step, lovely. Just a step. And you don't even have to decide right now if you will take the next step after the first one.

Just commit to that first scary step. It doesn't matter if your first step is clumsy or looks ridiculous or if it doesn't get you as far as you thought it would. It doesn't matter what others think. It doesn't matter if you fall that first time. It doesn't matter.

You know you want to take that step or it wouldn't be burning in your heart the way it is now...the way it has been for so long.

One thing is for sure. You can stop after you take that first step, or you can take another one, and then another. You get to choose.

Remember that without taking that first step, you will NEVER get to where you truly want to be because you will still be where you are NOW.

You are so brave. You can do it.

You are so loved.

xoxo
Old 09-30-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

So true Paperdolls! Everything comes down to taking that very first step...absolutely nothing happens without it.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
You know you want to take that step or it wouldn't be burning in your heart the way it is now...the way it has been for so long.
This is so true!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thanks for the reminder, paperdolls!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Amazing Girl,

You may have forgotten some things along the way, but that doesn't mean you're out of chances. There is so much time left....and today is a brand new day, and you get to begin again.

You may have just forgotten how strong you are.

You may have forgotten that you once had dreams that were real and compelling, and even though they didn't come true right when you thought they would, it doesn't mean that those dreams weren't real or that they didn't matter. Sometimes we just don't have the timing quite right, and sometimes our dreams come true in ways that are different than what we imagined they would be.

You are still in there, dear girl. You may be covered up with painful memories and experiences, but you are still in there. You are worth rescuing out of the heaps of confusion and apathy and disillusionment. You are worth rescuing yourself and remembering all that you are, all that you always were, and all that you are meant to become.

The first thing you have to do is though is to just decide. Today would be a great day to decide that no matter how long the road is, you are going to come home to yourself and live the happy life that is meant for you.

No one else can decide this for you.

Please please please do it, sweet friend. Today is a great day to decide.

You are so very loved.
xoxo
Old 10-01-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

These ar so beautiful they are bringing tears to my eyes.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Happy Girl,

Want to know how to stay happy?

It's no big secret that only certain people know. It's actually so simple that anyone can do it with some practice. Here it is....

Simply treat others the way you want to be treated, no matter how they may be treating you...whether or not they seem to deserve it...and whether or not they notice or appreciate it. Do it because that's who YOU are.

When you give the world what you want the most OUT of the world, wonderful things happen.

It's the Golden Rule, baby...and YOU are golden!

You are so very loved.

xoxo
Old 10-02-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Love it! My sponsor reminds me of the Golden Rule all the time.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Miraculous Girl,

We all have a beautiful, amazing and happy life that is meant for us, but we must do our part each day. We just have to.

When everything seems to go sideways and we feel like we have nothing left to cling to, it is our responsibility, and it's in our power, to cling to HOPE.

Hope grows when we focus on it...it's our responsibility to look for the things that will bring even tiny glimmers of hope. Hope turns into faith, which turns into miracles.

It all begins with hope.

When you're at a point where all you can do is HOPE, rest in the knowledge that hope is enough. Hope is the little seed that will help you find faith again, that will help you work toward all that is in your heart. Hope is more important than we can ever imagine, and we must do all that we can to hold on to it...protect it, take care of it, believe it.

What is hope, exactly? The dictionary says that hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best.

Keep your beautiful mind focused on hope...your heart is already there. Just keep hoping, then keep the faith, then expect miracles, and be willing to take those miracles in whatever form they come in...even when you were expecting something different.

Brave girls learn to live in hope, and they spread hope to others.

You are ohhhh so loved.

xoxo