Notices

Your daily truth from the Brave Girls Club

Old 06-24-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
LDT

Hey Paper Dolls. . For the positive and encouraging posts . How refreshing ! And right back at ya !
Old 06-24-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Bright blessings to everyday heroes and heroines...
The world is better for them.
Thanks for being one Paper Doll
Old 06-25-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Pacing Girl,

You might thing that you are not getting very far on your journey through life. You may think you have not really made any progress at all. Dear girl, it’s so hard to see the road we have traveled when the sky is foggy and the day is long and we are exhausted.

Even if you’ve only gone a few steps a day, you’ve made so much progress. This is true.

If you just look back, friend, and really be honest with yourself...really really really look and see just what you’ve done and just where you’ve been and just what you’ve traveled through....you will see that you have made quite an epic journey already in life. You may not be where you had planned, you may not even know quite where you are at the moment, but dear soul, you have traveled just the road you were meant to travel and you have arrived +today exactly where you were meant to arrive.

Please give yourself some credit. Please sit for a moment and take a rest and really think about how far you have come. Just for +today don’t think about how much further there is to go...but only how far you have already come. See how amazing you are?

You really ARE amazing.

And you are so very very very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-26-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Peace Loving Girl,

It seems like we all should know this, yet we forget so easily...that worrying about something takes just as much time as not worrying about it does, yet it saps us of all of our energy and joy and hope. So why do we spend so much time worrying when things would have turned out the same way whether we worried about it or not?

It is a hard habit to break, but we really can stop worrying. Not worrying leaves a big hole of time and energy that must be filled with something else before the worrying fills it back in. We can spend our thinking time focusing on what we want, what we have and what we love...and fill every one of our seconds with that. Or, we can open the door to worries and let those worries scream so loud that we can’t hear anything else. Whatever we are worrying about is going to remain the same and turn out the same whether we spend time worrying about it or not.

If we really are worried about something significant...the best way to ease the worrying is to get up and do something. Action kills fear. Gratitude kills worries. Serving others kills self-loathing. Working toward something good while thinking about good things kills the worries.

So, dear friend. Let’s choose. Worrying is waaaay harder and more painful and less productive than not worrying. Let’s remember to remember this.

Be still, all is well.....and everything is going to be okay.

You are so very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-26-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

A very timely post today. Thank you!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Knowing Girl,

When we take just a few minutes to do something that really matters to us, we can have wonderful memories in just a few minutes. When we fill a whole day with things we love, we can have a wonderful day. When we fill a whole day with things that we don’t care much about, things that make us feel anxious and things that chip away at us....it makes for a very weary day.

The thing is, beautiful friend....it seems like a day is just a day, and it doesn’t matter much or have much consequence. The fact is though...a day strung to another day and another day and another day ends up being a month, and then a year....and then a lifetime.

So, dear sister....what we fill our minutes with turn into what we fill our days with. What we fill our days with turn to what we fill our months with.....and then our whole year is filled with that. Pretty soon...it’s a whole decade of that.

So....fill it with good things. Be intentional about what fills your time and your ears and your belly and your appointment book. Be intentional about what your eyes see and what your hands touch and who gets to be in your space.

Because we get into habits and before we know it, a few good days have turned into a very good life....or a few “off” days have turned into a very “off” life. We can always turn it around, but EVERY DAY MATTERS...every minute matters, every decision matters. YOUR LIFE MATTERS.

This is quite an important life you are building, sister. Be good to it. Be good to you.

You are so very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 06-27-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Originally Posted by PaperDolls View Post
Dear Big Hearted Girl,
Sometimes it’s hard to keep going when people around us only notice the things that still need to be done, or the things that have gone wrong, or the things that they wish were different. Sometimes we want to throw in the towel and wonder if it is worth all of the trouble. Sometimes it seems that it all goes unseen.....
You are a phenomenal human being..and you are so very very very loved.
xoxo
The Brave Girls Club
PaperDolls, You have no idea how much these words mean to me this morning. I live with someone who likes to remember the things that have gone wrong and remind me of them all the next time a thing goes wrong. I've been really hurting this week. Your words mean so much to me I'm crying at my desk. Thank you.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Aw Elle, I'm so glad this post helped you.

Hugs to you!!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Irreplaceable Girl,

It's funny how we would never, ever in a million years let someone we love believe that they cannot be who they want to be or do what they want to do until they are a certain weight, or unless they make a certain amount of money, or live in a certain neighborhood, or have tackled a certain habit or problem. Yet we seem to think it's okay to let ourselves believe that kind of nonsense.... and we wait and wait and wait, holding back on things we want to do because we don't look right yet, or we don't know enough yet, or we don't have the right clothes yet.

It's time to start treating yourself the way you treat your dearest friend.

Tell yourself that there's no better time that right now, that you are just right just like you are, and that's it's okay if things aren't exactly like you would like them to be...that +TODAY is the day to start, even if it's just a tiny start. Okay?

No more excuses. No more waiting. You have a big beautiful life to go out and live, and it's time to do it.

You are phenomenal and beautiful and absolutely unforgettable.

And you are oh so loved.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 07-01-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Courageous Girl,

Some people might say that walking away from a battle is the cowardly thing to do. But very often, it is the best and bravest thing you could ever do.

How do we know when it’s time to walk away from a battle...whether it is a real human conflict in a relationship, or a battle that is going on inside of our souls that no one else can see?

Our gut usually knows when it’s time to walk away, but we can ask ourselves some important questions to get to the right answers.

When we are feeling tired of fighting and the fighting doesn’t feel right in any way, then we need to step away and at least think about why we are staying in the fight. What exactly is it that we are fighting for? Who or what are we fighting against? What will it mean to “win” the fight? Is the fight causing us to sacrifice things that are more important than the fight, or what “winning” the fight will mean?

A fight that will go on and on whether we are there or not might just be a good fight to walk away from. There are so many conflicts, so much drama and so much negativity in the world that will keep going no matter how hard we fight, or whether we are there or not. Sometimes it’s best to just smile, walk away, wish everyone the best and walk toward places that use our time, energy, and talents in productive and wonderful ways.

Don’t be afraid to walk away from a fight, a battle, or a conflict when it’s time to walk away, beautiful friend. Listen to your heart, and shut out all of the other voices.

Quiet bravery is sometimes the most noble bravery of all.

You are so very loved.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 07-02-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Steadfast Girl,

One of the most powerful thing we can do it is to stand in our very own skin and proclaim out loud (even if we are our only audience) what we will and will not allow...what we will and will not believe in...what we will and will not fight for, or fight about....what we will and will not accept as truth for our life or ourselves.

Sometimes we think things...but we never claim those things powerfully, or proclaim them. Sometimes we know something is not right...or we know something is very very right.....but we never stand in our own power and make it real.

Beautiful friend......try it. Try to stand up tall....get your big beautiful soul into your own skin...and say some things out loud that you believe....that you may have been afraid to say out loud before. You will find that it will be incredibly amazing to hear your own beautiful self say things with such power and conviction...and you will find that your actions will follow your proclamations....come on, just try it.

You have the right, you have the choice...you even have the responsibility to live big in your own skin and to take charge of what you will and will not do..will and will not believe...will and will not allow.......Let yourself hear it from your own mouth.....miracles will happen.

Come on...be brave.

You are so very very very loved.
xoxox

The Brave Girls Club
Old 07-02-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks -- again -- PaperDolls for sharing these posts. I have to admit I went onto their site and get the daily mail.

Still, the postings here on SR offer special reinforcement. It's been a month and two days since my father's unexpected death. And I still don't feel very amazing or brave. And I find myself a pacing girl. But I am a steadfast girl, that much I know.

Dad was a musician; we grew up with music. Lately, I think of the lyrics from one of the songs from "The King and I" ("Whistle a Happy Tune"):

Make believe you're brave
And the trick will take you far
You may be as brave
As you make believe you are

In a few days, I take off for a road trip out west with my near-teen niece. Couldn't have done it before I got sober and journeyed into recovery nearly a year ago. As a non-parent, though, this will be uncharted territory. She's a good girl. I want to be an example for her, a confident woman.

I shall be ... Braveaunt.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Clever Girl,

Everyone has an opinion about what you should do with your life, don't they?

Today is the day to forget outside opinions and to embrace your own peculiar truths and dreams.
Today is the day to go for it, even if it makes you look like a freak.

If your heart is telling you to do it, and your heart just won't give up, even if it's been telling you the same things for years and years and years, you probably haven't done it because you fear the opinions of others.

You are never going to make everyone happy, ever.

To live a bold and uncommon life, you are probably going to turn a lot of heads and make a lot of other heads shake in unbelief about the path you have chosen for yourself.

In the end, you will never regret listening to your own deepest truth, even when this means shutting out almost every other voice. Our deepest truths are our highest selves, coming from places of authenticity and love and light and joy. How could that ever be a bad thing?

Go for it, brave girl! We are rooting for you all the way.

You are so very loved.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 07-08-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Fantastic Girl,

Someone's got to dream the big dreams, or the big stuff won't happen. Someone's got to fix the stuff that's wrong, or it will continue to get worse. Someone's got to be wise and experienced, or there will be no one to turn to when the wisdom is needed. Who will it be?

If you're thinking, dear friend, that you are not nearly enough qualified, or deserving, or "right" to be the one with the big huge dreams, the ways to fix things, or the beautiful wisdom, sweetheart, it's time to change your thinking.

The world needs those gorgeous ideas brewing in your mind, or who else will make them happen? The world needs all of that passion that goes along with the burning desire in your heart to make things better and to fix what is wrong, or who else is going to do it? And, honey, all of those hard things you are learning, those lessons, those trials, ALL OF THEM, those are the things that will bring the wisdom and the experience that is so needed in the world. Because, if not YOU, who else will have it?

Get ready, sister. There are big things planned for you. Keep dreaming, keep fixing, keep helping, keep learning, keep sharing.
Keep with it.

You are needed.
You are loved.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 07-08-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thank you Paperdolls. Many fantastic girls (and boys) come to mind...right here on SR....when I read this latest post.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Thank you Paperdolls. Many fantastic girls (and boys) come to mind...right here on SR....when I read this latest post.
Agreed!!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Impatient Girl,

Sometimes we need to just let life surprise us a little instead of trying so hard to control every single outcome for every single thing...isn't it exhausting?

Gorgeous soul....look back on all of the other times you've tried with all of your might to hold things together, put things together and keep things together so that everything would be perfectly in place for the exact things to happen that you were so determined to make happen. Remember how things happened completely differently than you ever could have dreamed....but that they worked out exactly the way they were supposed to? (even if it was painful or uncomfortable?)

Life has a way of surprising us whether we are ready for it or not...whether we worry our little heads off or whether we plan our fingers right down to the bone....life still surprises us.

So....let the worries go for a bit. Let yourself chill and be still. TRUST THE JOURNEY and trust yourself. No matter what happens, you will make it and you will make it into something beautiful and wonderful....just like you always have.

Surprises are fun.

You are so very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 07-16-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

As this post was loading I was just thinking how I need to let go and not try to control a situation right now that has been bothering me and is currently out of my control!!! Such a timely post! I need to remember this, clearly.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Uncommon Girl,

Sometimes the very bravest thing we can ever do is to walk away from something that we want very very very much, but that we know deep in our gut is not meant for us. The other side of this brave decision, is the holding tight to something else that is scary or humdrum or
not quite what we thought we really wanted but that we KNOW deep in our gut is our own divine path, the path to our most incredible, uncommon life.

The really wonderful consequence of making these kinds of decisions is that little by little, sometimes really fast and sometimes really slow, that scary or humdrum thing somehow transforms into the most incredible, beautiful, miraculous and PERFECTLY IMPERFECT and joyful thing that we could EVER imagine. In fact, we usually can not even BEGIN to imagine how perfect this thing is going to become if we just step out on that scary and sometimes very painful leap of faith. Life has a way of making something very tremendous out of something
inconceivably boring or scary.

That's what bravery is, lovely friend, it is deciding what to let go of and what to hold on to no matter how it feels in this moment, knowing that you are giving up something very very good for something OH SO MUCH BETTER, the BEST in fact, having faith that when you listen to your heart, no matter how scary or disappointing the news it has to give you, that EVERYTHING will ALWAYS work out beautifully in the end when you make brave choices that are YOUR RIGHT CHOICES.

You know what it is, and you can do it.

Love you forever.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 07-30-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Super-Smart Girl,

Did you know there's a part of you that is even smarter than your brain? Did you know that the wisdom that comes from this part of you will get you through all of life's bumpy roads, and the smooth sailing roads, too?

Your gut -- that deepest place of knowing that's nestled right next to your beautiful heart is the place where your most important thinking should be done. Your brain should be taking orders from your gut and your heart -- not the other way around. You know so much more than you think you know.

You ARE SO MUCH MORE than you think you are.
You are so much braver than you think you are.
You are so much smarter than you think you are.
You are so much more wonderful than you think you are.

So -- start thinking with the smart parts of you. You can never go wrong.

You are loved.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club