Notices

Your daily truth from the Brave Girls Club

Old 11-20-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Beautiful Girl,

Most people do the best they can. Most people are doing all that they can to make their way through the world and make good decisions and to love and to feel loved.

Sometimes we expect more out of people than they could possibly give. Sometimes we think others think exactly as we think, and we expect them to react the way we would react, behave the way that we would behave and to do what we would do in any given situation...and then we are disappointed and jaded when they don't.

We bring ourselves and others so much pain when we have great expectations for others. Unconditional love, kindness and acceptance means that there are no expectations of others. We love for the sake of loving, even if we never get love in return. We are kind for the sake of being kind, even if the kindness is never returned. We accept for the sake of accepting, even if that acceptance is not returned in ways that we might have expected.

Take pressure off of yourself, dear friend, and drop all expectations that you have of others. We can never know what is going on in a person's life, in their heart. We can never know what their intentions are or what they are truly thinking or planning. Expecting, assuming and creating conditions just leads to pain for everybody.

Love for the sake of loving...it is the way to peace.

YOU are loved.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 11-22-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Go where the peace is, sweet girl. You were always meant to have peace.

This, my favorite take away from this thread.

Thank you
Old 11-22-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Yes, thank you for each and every post, PaperDolls.

Jipsee, I'm going to take that snippet you highlighted and put it on my mirror as a reminder during work today. I really need to learn how to inject self-care, love and inner peace into the things I do throughout each and every day. Thanks for that.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hi Paperdolls! I really like this! Is the Brave girls club a book? If so I would love to buy it! :-)
Old 11-22-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
~sb

it's a copyrighted website
Old 11-22-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I've posted the link to the site in most of my posts. It's a great site.

I let them know that I post these here and they are happy they are shared and people like them.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Listening Girl,

Sometimes the craziest things can pop into our heads. Sometimes little urges just keep poking us, prodding us, elbowing us and won't give up. Sometimes we KNOW we should say something, or do something, or write something, or show up somewhere, or give something away, or call someone, or make the first move with an idea, BUT IT IS JUST TOO SCARY.

"They will think I am weird," we think.
"They will not like me after this," we think
"They will think this is a crazy idea," we think
"If I do this, then they will see my whole heart, and that is just TOO SCARY," we think

SOUL DEEP urges are little sparkles of magic that are seeds to VERY BIG THINGS. Sometimes we are THE ONLY ONE who has the seed, and if it doesn't get planted, the big, amazing, magic thing will never grow. Sometimes we have JUST THE RIGHT MEDICINE to someone else's soul sickness. Sometimes we have the very idea that will change EVERYTHING. Sometimes we are the answer to someone's desperate prayers.

So, dear girl, even if it is scary, scarier than you could ever even explain,
DO IT ANYWAY. Very important things depend on it. It is no coincidence. It is the real deal.

You are so very loved, so very needed. And that voice in your heart is WISER THAN WISE. Trust it.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 11-26-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Beautiful Girl,

Everyone has private little hurts that no one really knows about. Struggles and loss are part of this life. So even though someone might have smile on her face and is going about her day, doing her best to make the most of life...often there is a tinge of pain that is almost always there. It is the human part of us.

The most important thing we can do, the most HEALING thing we can do is to recognize this human-ness in others, even when we have our own pain to deal with. Sometimes when someone seems grouchy, distant or irresponsible, it is because they are doing all that they can to hold everything together. Sometimes this is truer than true about our own selves.

Let's be kind. Let's be compassionate and patient with each other. Let's look past the way things may look on the outside and SEE the way things really are. Let's love each other in all of our frailness, in our weakness and in our "worst" moments.

Let's do this for others, but MOST OF ALL let's do this for ourselves.

You are not alone in the way that you feel. Each person beside you, in front of you and behind you is also working through something right now.

Let's be good to each other.

You are so very loved.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 11-26-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

With the holiday hustle bustle upon us, this one really hit home for me. Thank you for sharing these Paperdolls. I subscribed and enjoy their emails very much.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Courageous Girl,

If only we could push a delete button, or backspace.......if only we could go back and make things happen differently than they did....especially when things are painful, or there is a huge loss, or we have made a big mistake, or someone else has made a big mistake that affects us.

We ache and bleed and suffer when we wish things were different than they are...and we don't even realize that the thing that is really keeping us from healing is that we are simply not accepting things as they are, but we are still wishing things had happened differently, or not happened at all. Sometimes all we can do is just wish that it didn't happen the way that it did, and instead of moving forward, we keep suffering in the resistance of what is our new reality instead of accepting it.

The good news, beautiful friend, is that we can move forward. We don't need to suffer for so long. We DO need to grieve but then we get to choose to move on. We get to choose to focus on what is good and true, and on what we can create for our future.

Let yourself cry. Let yourself throw a fit. Let yourself grieve. When we lose things that we love, even if it was just a dream we had hoped for......we must grieve that loss. But then we must move on in joy and gratitude and remember that we are never powerless. We get to create a new day every single day.

Bandage your wounds, beautiful soul....let them heal. You were meant for happiness and it will return.

You are so very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 12-03-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

The story behind these emails...
This is a crazy world that forces confusing lies upon us every day -- lies about what is most important, who we are, who we can become, what we can accomplish, our value, our potential, our worth, what makes our lives meaningful, how & where we can find true happiness, and on and on.

So we've decided to wage our own little war against those lies by sending our brave friends a daily truth. Think of it as a little bird delivering your truth -- and imagine that this truth-teller is someone who loves you and understands you completely.

Our daily emails are a free gift that is sent most weekdays, Monday through Friday, with all our love and wishes for everything joyful and brave and true.
xoxo
melody and kathy
founders of the brave girls club
--------------------------------------
Come on over for a visit!
Find us on our website/blog (find out who we are, what we do, and how you can join us)
Visit our Soul School page and dashboard
Drop by our Facebook page (click on LIKE if you like what you see)
Check out our YouTube channel
Old 12-04-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Overcoming Girl,

One thing you can count on for sure is that hurdles are going to appear in your life. They come along in every life, and often when you least expect them, or appreciate them.

Sometimes the hurdles are too big to see over, and sometimes they're small enough that you can just hop right over them.

But every time you come to a hurdle, you get to make a decision...no matter how big or small it is. You get to decide how you will move forward in spite of the hurdles you encounter.

Walk around them, jump over them, chip away at them with a chisel...bulldose them with your bright smile and optimism. Turn them over and use them as a fort, build something cool and creative out of them, or sell them on ebay. But WHATEVER YOU DO...DON'T LET THEM STOP YOU. Not for one single minute.

You are stronger than all your hurdles. YOU ARE, YOU ARE, YOU ARE. Don't let anything or anyone ever tell you anything different.

You are one extraordinary woman. Keep it up.

You are loved.

xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 12-05-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Light-Filled Girl,

You will come across things in your life that just feel wrong, things that make you feel heavy or confused or wobbly or sideways. Something deep inside you will feel unsettled and you will know that you want to move away from that thing or that situation or even that person.

Those heart-feelings are there for a reason...they are a gift from your Creator. They are there to protect you and to help you make choices that will keep you safe and make you feel your happiest.

Be willing to walk away from things that feel wrong. Know that you have the ability to be a light in the darkness, and don't allow the darkness to dim YOU in any way.

Life can be good and joyful and light-filled and wonderful. You get to choose EVERY DAY where you put your energy....every single day.

Choose wisely, beautiful girl, and life will unfold in beautiful ways.

You are so very beloved.

xoxo
Old 12-08-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Earnest Girl,

Backsliding is a funny thing, isn’t it, friend? When we work so hard to get somewhere we’ve always wanted to be...we think that there is NO WAY we will ever go backward, back to where we were ever again. When are working so hard to get there, we are SURE that we could never let that happen.

We are human beings, however. Sometimes we forget how frail and imperfect we all are by default....how much we have to keep learning every single day.

What we forget most of all though, is how much grace we all need. We need to give ourselves grace when we mess up, when we forget, when we slip. We need to give that grace to each other, too.

When we don’t give grace....we hide our frailties. We keep them in the dark. When we don’t bring our backsliding into the light...the darkness makes it bigger. The best thing we can do is to bring it out in the light when we take a misstep...the next best thing we can do is be a safe place for others to admit that they may have backslid too.

Then we can help ourselves....then we can help each other. Let’s let go of the shame and move forward.....forgive ourselves and forgive each other. We are all learning.

You are so very loved.
xoxo
Old 12-08-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Ljb

Thank you for these. They help a lot.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ljb View Post
Thank you for these. They help a lot.
I concur. Thank you.

Today's entry felt especially fitting for me. That very subject was on my mind when I signed into SR this morning and this was the very first thread I visited. Letting folks in to our mess ups or backslides opens ourselves up to scrutiny and judgement and wagging fingers...but also support. It's a tricky dance to weave ourselves through.

I loved all the entries I caught up on today ...but my take away this morning..for others and self is..

"Sometimes when someone seems grouchy, distant or irresponsible, it is because they are doing all that they can to hold everything together."

I work in the "people industry"...(I think we all do though right?). It's a good thing for me to keep in mind.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Trying Girl,

Sometimes when we feel crummy, we make it our number one goal to stuff that feeling away and just stop feeling crummy instead of trying to figure out why we feel crummy in the first place.

The thing is, beautiful friend, that our bodies and our hearts are SO SMART and so totally on our side. They feel crummy in order to give us some kind of message…and when we stop for a moment to ask our bodies or our hearts why they are feeling what they are feeling, there is usually an amazing answer involving something important that needs to be addressed. When we can address the root of the feeling, we can make huge and massive changes in our lives.

So…if you are feeling grouchy today, ask yourself what that might be about instead of stuffing yourself with ice cream or putting another pair of boots on your credit card or lashing out at someone you love. Ask yourself what part of you is feeling threatened, or exhausted or feeling powerless. Then….do something about THAT, beautiful soul. Those crummy feelings will return again and again if we don’t do something about what is causing them. Our feelings of powerlessness just want to be told the truth…that we are never powerless.

Also…do something that will make things better instead of make things worse. Sometimes we choose default behaviors like eating or drinking or spending or hiding out when we feel sad or mad or grouchy or tired or fed up. We do things that might feel good in the moment but that we regret later. When feeling crummy….get to the root of it and love yourself where the root is.

Ask your body and your soul what it’s all about….and then listen listen listen. You will see that the answer is there…..your soul is just needing some one on one time and TLC….and your soul deserves that. You are brave enough…just ask.

And please don’t forget that you are so very very loved.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club
Old 12-09-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

This really hit home with me today. I've been feeling crummy and not really trying to look for a solution. Just feeling crummy. Time to listen, listen, listen.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Your daily truth from the Brave Girls Club
Dear Important Girl,

Chances are, there's a part of your heart that feels weary because of all of the things you have read, seen and heard about that are going on in other people's lives that you know, and even that you don't know.

We now live in a world of soundbites, dear friend. We seem to only see millions of little sentences telling about the highlights and ah-has and victories and vacations and love affairs and awards and latest purchases and latest creations, when we still have the rest of the humdrum details of our own lives to live. It seems as if we might be the only one who is living a tedious reality.

But what is true?

Friend, beautiful beautiful friend -- please do yourself a great act of kindness and do an outside detox...and just go inward. Take a look at your own beautiful life, your own beautiful soul, your own beautiful family, your own beautiful blessings, your own beautiful memories, your own beautiful dreams, your own beautiful self. Get back in touch with YOU. Take a few days and give yourself permission to just sit in the peace of your own life. YOUR LIFE IS ENOUGH. YOU ARE ENOUGH. YOU DO ENOUGH. YOU HAVE ENOUGH. YOU ARE LOVED ENOUGH. YOU ARE AMAZING ENOUGH.

Be good to you. Please don't punish yourself with so much outside information and comparing. You will see the truth of just how wonderful your life really is.

You are SO VERY VERY VERY VERY LOVED.
xoxo
The Brave Girls Club
Old 12-11-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Dear Dreaming Girl,

When you are making plans and making goals and dreaming dreams and all of it seems too big and unattainable, it's time to drag out two very important words, and ask yourself "What if?"...

Because what if your big dreams are NOT too big? What if your plans ARE attainable? What if you have everything you need right now to make those big dreams start coming true? What if?!??!

If you're going over something scary in your mind, over and over and over, ask yourself "what if that really did happen?" and then let the whole situation play out -- even the worse case scenario. See yourself dealing with every little part of it and see that even if the thing you feared most really did happen, you would make it. You would be okay. Then you'll be able to let go of fear.

Asking "WHAT IF?" releases your limitations and makes anything possible. When you find yourself stuck, whether because you think your goals are too big or because your strength is too small, really be honest with yourself. You will learn so much from this tiny little question.

What if you were beloved?? Because you are.
xoxo

The Brave Girls Club