Notices

No more pills for me.. join me for the ride

Old 04-19-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Well done OverTheUnder thats great news just keep on going keep on going.
So far day 6 has been great avoided the shops just incase!! But as of tomorrow morning at 9am it will be 7 days without any codiene at all.
Can not believe that this is the case no way did I think I could last for a week without taking anything almost all physical symptoms are gone and I am just finding the voice in my head saying go on have a little remember what it used to feel like you could just get some but its not winning no way no more pills for me and then I keep myself busy and forget about it, I must say I am hoping that soon these memories fade out and soon!!
Hope everyone else is going well!!!
Old 04-19-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well well done ... That is an excellent accomplishment. You are doing amazing. Whenever your mind goes to that want remember the way you have physically felt over the last week. .. You don't want to do that again do you? I bet not. Proud of you. .1 week is incredible.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Ok so an update as to how I have been doing… really good finding the weak moments are getting less intense and the need for wanting the pills is slowly going.
I even went shopping and just to be sure avoided all chemists and walked really fast when near one.
Cant believe that I have actually done it and am still doing it and will be doing it for a long time yet.
Hope everyone else is going well stay strong xo
Old 04-22-2014, 06:01 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good for you coco. Congrats on taking back your life. I cannot imagine how hard it must be over there with that kind of med available without a script..... I dont know if I would have the strength to win that fight when your so easily set up for failure. At least here in the states you cannot easily get your hands on that kind of stuff...well not that easily anyways. Just keep on pressing forward... celebrate the victories still, 30 days, 60 days, etc.. Soon enough you will have a year under your belt. Anytime your mind goes to that weak place remember how miserable withdrawal was and ask yourself if you really want to do that again.... Congrats again...I knew you could do it!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks Purechaos yeah I find it very intense when I'm out and shopping and seeing the chemists that I used to go in to and get my pills so for now I will just avoid until hopefully the mental urges settle down over time Im sure I will get there.
Celebrating 10 days today and feeling good its good to wake up and not think where or how am I going to get my pills and how many do I have left before I need to get more.
Don't get me wrong I still think about them a lot but Im just not giving in!!
Thanks for your support hope everyone is going well!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 09:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

If you could see me, you would see me doing the happy dance for you!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:55 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks Justadude!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Still fighting the good fight?
Old 05-03-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!!
Must apologise for the delay in getting back on here.. moved house and all is going well still fighting the good fight and couldn't be happier although I do miss that feeling I am learning to just get over it.
Still avoiding the chemist just incase and that method seems to be going fine head down and bum up when I see one!!!, also finding that if I do happen to have a headache taking panadol does seem to take the pain away its been ages since panadol has actually worked for me.
Hope everyone is going well and thanks everyone for the support xo
Old 05-11-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Ughhh seriously these cravings are coming back after all this time and I have no idea why!!! All I can think about is feeling calm and relaxed. I have taken panadol just to trick my mind in to thinking it has got something but never did I imagine that these feelings would pop back up and be so strong.
The physical symptoms of withdrawal ended and here I was thinking its all good was not ready for this psychological game to come back, oh well lets just keep busy and no more pills.
Hope everyone is going well !!!
Old 05-12-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

It's a constant battle coco!! Never ends for me
Old 05-12-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Originally Posted by new star View Post
It's a constant battle coco!! Never ends for me
Had to answer this. My experience has been that it does end, the cravings go and drugs become a symptom not the problem. In fact drugs where my solution to living life, but they killed me locked me up and stuffed up my life and hurt I everyone close to me. After some time drug free I stopped craving and started looking at the real problem, namely me and working on that. Its ongoing, but life is so good today.

Anyway off track here, my comment is that it does end, it does change. Perhaps change the message your telling yourself, instead of it never ends how about I am getting well.

Kevin
Old 05-12-2014, 06:50 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

You've come to the right place! Much support, kind words, encouragement to be found among these pages.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Seriously today has been the toughest day in a long time thinking about going to get the silly pills all morning and once again Im feeling like crap, headache and body aches I am well aware of my mind playing tricks on me to get the stuff but I'm just not giving in and thought I would just ramble on here!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sorry today has been a tough day... Glad you came here. Can you clarify... is the panadol medicine a narcotic or opiate of some sort? If it is perhaps thats why you are having issues again.. how many days are you clean now? Things really do get better but it takes time for your body and mind to relearn how to work the way it was made to.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I'm with you. Was supposed to stop yesterday and I failed. Today is the day. I'm a very heavy user. I take 12-14 10a a day. At once. I'm so scared.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:38 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi panadol is just normal old paracetamol and thats it.. I actually think i have a cold more so than the withdrawals starting up again so thats a relief!!!
I have been clean for about 1 month one whole month!!! can't believe that I'm still going and functioning without taking codeine..
Good Luck Mamahawk here if you need any help or advice it can be done its tough but you can do it !!!
Old 05-14-2014, 06:55 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Coco that is fantastic! I love to witness people finding success in their lives(and on here)... It really does get better... I dont think if you were truly addicted the mental thoughts and urges every fully go away... Your mind will always remember what that high felt like and if you slip you can so easily fall back into where you were before. But you can find other "highs" in life, happpiness, love, adrenaline, etc. Every step you take should continue to get easier... 1 month is incredible!!!
Old 05-16-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thanks purechaos now its time to quit smoking.. yep I'm gonna do that now I've got this under control at this very minute and I'm taking it minute by minute day by day and while I do I might as well get rid of smoking so as of monday smoke free coco!! I posted in the smoking section so off I go, but before I do I want to thank each and every one of you who posted on here for all your words of encouragement and positive vibes they real do help and Im happy to help anyone who finds those silly little pills running their lives.. Good luck everyone and take care thanks once again now no more smoking!!!!