Notices

No more pills for me.. join me for the ride

Old 04-13-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No more pills for me.. join me for the ride

Today is the day I will become codeine free, I'm am freaking out cause I'm not sure how I'm going to do it or what the withdrawals will be like for me but I need to do this I'm taking up to 10 pills a day and chemist shopping like never before.
I just want the old me back where I don't have to worry about what chemist I've been to or what story to use to get the silly pills, no more pills.
I currently have none in the house but I know they are so easy to get thats the worrying part that i will just want to have them in my bag just incase.
Anyway wish me luck .. no more pills
Old 04-13-2014, 02:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best of luck Coco.
Do think about seeing your Dr if you feel really bad.

D
Old 04-13-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

won't be going to the dr I am a closet pill popper!! That Iam aware of no one knows I have this sneaky little habit .. I haven't had a pill since 9 am this morning and already my legs are beginning to ache.. ahhh its gonna be a long road, but thanks for the reply!!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I m 2 days sober from pain meds. I was sober for yrs n my doc put me on them for arthritis I don't want to live like I was. Taking more than prescribed than running out n chasing for them. It is hard but for today I m letting go n letting god.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I stopped a habit of 5 pills a day and it has now been two years. I was on them for several years. It was very rough for the first week or two. I second Dee's advice: if it gets too rough I would see a doctor versus the alternative of using again. Best of luck to you. They are a distant memory for me, and I never thought that would be the case. I feel blessed every single day.

PS My sobriety date posted is from alcohol, which was the last of my vices to go.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thats awesome news that you are free of pills leemzer and aka jersey well done on deciding to do it so far I haven't had a tablet since 9am yesterday morning and by goodness I'm feeling good legs aching and on the toilet a bit but other than that I'm goig quite well and I'm really really surprised I'm sure its going to hit and hit hard but I'm ready for it.
Kept myself very busy with the kids today and mowed the lawns just to make sure I was active so at the moment all good, I've passed the 24hr mark and looking to the future!!
Im sure the mind games will start soon but i just have to remind myself no more pills if i find myself walking in to yet another chemist!!!
Old 04-14-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How ya feeling bud. . Still holding stong...I had/have the same issues but all my meds were obtained via doc so I could never shop around when I ran out. . Just always had to deal. Opiate withdrawal is one of the most terrible things I have been through. .. Keep us posted. ..
Old 04-14-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you feel the urge to use, come here and post about it instead of using.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good luck! If you feel the WD's are too much there are ways to detox a little more comfortably under a doc supervision. I just want you to know you have options and you can be discreet about it!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your support really appreciate it!!!
So the mind games are starting thinking about going to the chemist to get some pills to ease the pain in my legs that is all the time, and then the voice says well you could just have a couple more to see how the high/relaxed/chilled out feeling/relaxing/able to cope feeling is and the stop again.
I know it sounds ridiculous but thats what I'm thinking and I have have to just say no and go and do something else so off I go to go do something else!!! Anywhere but near a chemist Im too tempted at this stage.
Sorry for going on and on just needed to get it all out there.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

All part of the process. . All totally normal. .Try to distract yourself your doing great.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Codeine should be monitored like it is in Australia everywhere for this reason wow your liver must be struggling goodluck sweety
Old 04-15-2014, 12:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've pmd you
Old 04-15-2014, 03:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~sb

how are you coco?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow just had the most intense symptoms to date sweaty, chills so exhausted and all of a sudden wanting to cry my eyes out, now after reading everyone else's stories feel a bit more normal knowing that others have gone thru it all as well.
I went to bed and slept thank goodness hubby was home to watch the kids and I just said I think I'm getting the flu!!!
See the voice in my head at the moment is convincing me that I can go to the chemist tomorrow and get some panadine extra take a couple and then stop again I know I know I shouldn't but I do feel it would be the easier option and after reading so much on the internet possibly try the taper method, who knows but for now I will stay strong.
Hope everyone else is going ok and well done to all the others kicking the habits as well!!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Not sure what panadine is but becareful not to trade one addiction for another... it is super easy to do. So codine is not watched in Australia? Thats insane... I could see a whole lot of reasons for issues with that. Here stateside all pharmacies report controlled substances to the fda and even now all the clinics and doctors that are anywhere near my home have access to my other files so they are always aware of what is up. I think its a good thing although when I was trying to get my meds it was always a pain. How many days have you been pill free? Last summer I quit cold turkey (I had been on percs and tramadol...lots ...like I took an entire months supply of both in 4 days) The withdrawals were terrible but eventually they do go away.... To me it was the shakes that drove me crazy... Try lots of fluids, vitamins, hot baths, and get some excersize if you can.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Panadine extra is what I'm trying to get off.. Its like Panadine forte or maybe you might know it as co codomal It has less codeine and more paracetamol and you just go in to the chemist spin your web of deceit and usually they give it to you, some ask for names others do not.
Thanks for the tips.
Last night was by far the worst experience i have had yet couldn't sleep legs are killing me with pain feeling depressed/ upset and just wanted the silly pills same with this morning I'm thinking a few pills won't hurt and it will make me feel so much better.
I haven't had any for around 70hrs not that I'm counting lol
Old 04-15-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Pure chaos it's SO easy to get codeine in oz. You can chemist hop and get as much as you want, you quickly learn the chemists that take your name and avoid them. I think it should definitely be monitored more, I've seen many codeine addictions because it's easily available.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ok well I learnt something wow that's scary
Old 04-15-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Coco - hang in there. I would always peak by 72 hours off of the short acting opis. Also, I pulled the rip cord on more cold turkey kicks than I can remember with the idea that just a little would ease the symptoms. Even if I took "a little" it would send me back to square one. My grand plans for tapering would immediately go out the window. Tapering was just a pipe dream at that point.