Notices

I'm new

Old 04-15-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Solitary, what works forme is watching a funny movie, walking in thepark-observing child play,keeping hard candy with me at all times, and allowing my body to catch up on sleep. Don't put to heavy expectations on yourself.listen to what your soul needs and don't guilt out if you find yourself saying to your gf, some days, not today-maybe tomorrow. I, myself have to do it my way, not what others expect of me. In a sense, this is like grieving, we are all different, and will heal in our own time. Only you can decide what is best for you.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thank you for the tips, I am trying to do stuff too and everyone else in my life is making it a little harder then it has to be. I do guilt out and that's the problem. I'm trying every day to not make an excuse to drink and try my hardest to keep my emotions in order. But today was just a bad day I guess. I can catch up on some sleep tomorrow thankfully. I have been having trouble sleeping bad but I'm feeling really tired tonight so I'm def gonna get solid rest. Thank you and everyone so much, I need this, I have been alone for too long. Tomorrow will be a better day and my one week point as well, def feeling up about waking up tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is my one week also.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lastqueenjess View Post
Tomorrow is my one week also.
Congrats!!!!! I'm really happy to be able to say that, I have an hour and a half left in my time zone!!!! Is this your first time making it this far? Stay strong and keep fighting! I hope we can check back in and were still on the same day!!!! More motivation!!!!! It's a contest in a way :P
Old 04-15-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Congrats Lastqueen and welcome to SR! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-15-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Ehhh. I had 90 days up until last week. Sadface.
Wbu???
Old 04-15-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Ehhh. I had 90 days up until last week. Sadface. Wbu???
Awe, well I'm new but from what I'm reading you gotta just get back up and try again! I have been off hard drugs for 8 years but only of booze these 6 for the first time ever in my life, I never thought it would happen but it did and I really feel proud, my proudness is one of the driving forces for me I guess...
Old 04-15-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Wow, people in my world really don't understand "I want to be left alone".... Sheesh
Old 04-15-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Solitary, that holders to me, stinky thinking. Leave me alone= drinking in isolation, without accountability. This is your AV speaking.

Last edited by StormiNormi; 04-15-2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: wrong use of term
Old 04-16-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

That's so great to hear. 8 years. Wow. It's almost been a year since I've been off hard drugs.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Lastqueen , you can do this too ! You know you need to do it for YOU! Stay Strong and Well ! Bobby
Old 04-16-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hope you are doing well this morning. Last night was hard for me. Today is a new day. I am going to exercise after work. I am focusing on that one task for today and then hopefully the evening will fall into place. I hope things with your girlfriend are going ok today. Let me know if you need to talk. I know I will be on and off here all day. It keeps me focused on not drinking one more day.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:13 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

SolitaryThinker,

I know how you feel. One step at a time, and it does get easier and easier.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

That's so great to hear. 8 years. Wow. It's almost been a year since I've been off hard drugs.
Thank you! You can do it also...it was a little different for me cause I started to get sick, which scared the living crap out of me, and I got tossed into cuffs, it was a rude awakening for me. Thankfully you are doing well!!! Don't ever give up, it's nothing but trouble, sadness, and sickness attached to it all in the end.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by April914 View Post
Hope you are doing well this morning. Last night was hard for me. Today is a new day. I am going to exercise after work. I am focusing on that one task for today and then hopefully the evening will fall into place. I hope things with your girlfriend are going ok today. Let me know if you need to talk. I know I will be on and off here all day. It keeps me focused on not drinking one more day.
Hey, I just got out of bed...I haven't been sleeping at all these past nights, I'm kinda angry I slept the day away and it was my one week, I wanted to take my girlfriend out to breakfast 8/....it's ok tho, I'm doing well, just bummed out still I guess...I feel less agitated tho for sure....hang in with your routine the things will absolutely fall into place one way or another...I really noticed changing small things helps too, like re arranging and organizing stuff, fixing things that are broken and throwing them out of they can't be (like cleaning up my house lol), I washed my car, like small stupid things that I just wasn't doing at all while I was wasted. It feels nice in a way I don't know. My girlfriend and I are getting along great. She's a keeper for sure, I keep telling her not to come not to come, and she still does, with food and drinks and snacks, and movies/DVDs, and just love. I'm acting selfish and I had a private convo with someone here last night that really opened my eyes. I can't push people away in a time like this in my life, even more the ones that love me. The one week marker feels good and I'm feeling a bit less stressed out now that it's not like day 3 still. I'm not giving up!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AZliving View Post
SolitaryThinker, I know how you feel. One step at a time, and it does get easier and easier.
Thanks AZ I really appreciate it, u were with me from day 1 and thank you so so much. I'm still kinda shocked with myself I made it this far, it makes me not want to quit 8)
Old 04-16-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Your doing GREAT.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AZliving View Post
Your doing GREAT.
Thank you! I actually feel pretty good right now, had good breakfast and chocolate is pretty much my best friend today
Old 04-16-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
Thank you! I actually feel pretty good right now, had good breakfast and chocolate is pretty much my best friend today
The sleep really helped the grouchy ness actually
Old 04-16-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
The sleep really helped the grouchy ness actually
I HATE not sleeping too I drove me nuts when I was doing crazy years back