Notices

I'm new

Old 04-14-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you, I finally slept but only a few hours I'm still tired, it was something. I donno I feel selfish and needy and I don't play well with others. Like on a closer level, I don't really wanna like make a close bond with someone else and then when I really need them they are nowhere to be found. I can't take the feeling of rejection. I will absolutely read everything on there. I wasn't sure what those all were and ended up jumping to something else. Thank you for the suggestion I am off work today I'm planning on doing a lot of reading this afternoon. I'm gonna fix my car myself and take a walk cause it's ok weather. Listen to some music and make sure I eat well today. I'm doing a little better but my mornings are better, it gets bad at night cause that's normally when I would be drinking. I just feel so emotional and needy and selfish, I really hate it. I'm doing ok tho. I don't really want any beer or anything else today.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hang in there ST. Do what you have to do to keep from drinking. Consider going to a meeting. The people there don't bite. They are a welcoming bunch of folks.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I have been to many of them, I donno I always feel uncomfortable no matter what honestly. I was always did well with writing and foreign language in school, it's just way easier and casual I guess for me to type this stuff out. Like when I'm put on the spot and asked what it really is that's bothering me i freeze up and my mind goes blank, like I'm on stage doing comedy almost. It's nerve racking and every meeting I have attended I usually end up in my car crying after. It really isn't the thing for me.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I don't fit in....
Old 04-14-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I have even went to one with my mother who has a bad problem and it wasn't any better.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Baby Steps

Welcome solitary thinker I wish you all the best in your recovery. You will receive good honest support here. Baby steps
Old 04-14-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

well, guess what? I don't fit in either. You don't have to share or speak. You can just sit and listen. Just take it all in. Maybe something will click. The thing is at least it's an hour or so occupying your time away from drinking. Hearing how others have and are battling it should at least let you know you are not the only one. I have seen the same guys come into meetings quietly and quietly slip away after. It's no big deal.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sorry my computer won't let me get into chat.

I can use my phone to chat if you can get in.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Why does the only answer always have to be sitting with a large group of people tho, I hate the feeling and my own anxiety and nonsense don't allow me to actually focus and take anything in, my hands are sweaty, I'm shaking, and if there is a window I usually stare out of it or at the clock. I really have tried to make it work for me and it leaves me more upset then if I just stayed home and didn't go, I understand and hearing what you are saying and have even tried! Please I'm trying to find something that works...that's all
Old 04-14-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I have seen struggle and peoples battles around me on a 24/7 basis, the last thing I want to hear is yet even more peoples struggles. I guess I'm the kind of person that people can come to and confide in with their problems, and it leaves me emotionally drained. I know I sound stubborn, it annoys everyone around me too.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Have you taken the AVRT "Crash Course" yet? It's fairly quick...
Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

SolitaryThinker,

Hang in there. I understand. Take it one day, each day. Don't let the alcohol win this battle. You are strong and have all of us to talk to.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I haven't done anything yet I have been here for 2 days, and worked both of them
Old 04-14-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm sorry if I'm annoying but this is the longest I have ever gone, I'm actually feeling semi ok too I'm just like I said very irritable at the moment.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Stopping completely is insanely important to me right now.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Not annoying Solitary - we all understand how you're feeling right now. I'm glad you're posting your feelings and finding some relief. It will get better and easier. Once you get through this phase you never have to go back to that miserable place.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
Hi, I stumbled upon this website on google. I'm 28 years old and have been an addict sense I was 13. I have had several earth shattering events take place back to back, although it is no excuse I feel like it is the depth of why I have the issues that I do. I have read a bit, and would like to read more. I won't post much right away, I'm kinda a loner and stick to my own thing. This is the first place where I have read anything similar to what I have been experiencing in my own mind. I have attended AA and NA and have been sober from hard chemical substances for 8 years now. My addiction shifted to drinking and I have been officially off beers and booze for 3 days now. I'm doing it myself, I feel ok I suppose. AA has not been successful because I really have a really personal and big issue with the higher power thing and also found a thread here I would like to read more into. When I made my account it suggested me to post here so I am leaving a short summary of my situation. Hello everyone and have a nice day/night.

Hi and Welcome, great place to be.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Yea it actually really is a relif and I appriciate all of this so much, I can't sit with it....I would go back, and I don't want to, I just had a sandwitch and missed eating very much. Thanks so much for understanding. Im telling myself like a mantra "you never want to go thru this again". I'm never ever doing it again. I'm an emotional person anyone but it also works out positively in my life, people do like being around me despite my poor choices and behaviors and I care about everyone that is close to me. If I was a complete monster it would be harder I suppose...
Old 04-14-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I saw very quickly that this was probably the safest place for me to do something like this...
Old 04-14-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm very in tune with my feelings and emotions very much tho, almost TOO much haha