Notices

I give up on recovery. For now.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Just stay coz never know when "the miracle of getting recovery" clicks in your head. Wasnt a one chip wonder either but even tho @ beginning of sobriety wanted to close door on my past, now view it as an asset to help others. Grass may seem greener on the other side but your gonna have to mow it too
PLEASE STAY!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

hey there

dont give up on giving up....

took me seven years to stop.

was judged by many so called well people in the rooms who forgot where they came from.

sober 5 months...

as suggested.....do 90 days, what ever it takes, then see if you feel the same...

maybe short term rehab???

v
Old 04-07-2014, 02:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Please trust me and don't give up just yet!! I was clean for two years and I just relapsed in March 2014 and now I am on the sober wagon again!! I don't really know why I did it for but I just thought .... I don't know... Life was just so bad then but now I know how to deal with my problems and use that energy toward something else. It really helps to have someone you like to do so that you can keep your mind off it. Just try to stay away from the situation you would always use for.. Just stay away... i would use when I was bored and no one was around. So now I surround myself with people when I am bored and they are good people and I don't even think about it at all.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey, Mrrryah. Look, i've been stuck in a revolving door with my recovery as well. Get sober, relapse, return to meetings with my tail between my legs, get sober, relapse, return to meetings with my tail between my legs, wash, rinse, repeat. Few people go their entire recovery lives without a relapse. What matters is getting up and making another go of it. Look at the lead up to your relapse and see if you can identify what happened. Was it something you did? Something you didn't do? Ask for help from another sober alcoholic, maybe one who knows you. Talk about it and get their insight.

What is making you feel judged? Are people saying things to you? Are you inferring things by how people treat you? Could it be possible that you are feeling judged because you are judging yourself?

So how deep a hole do you need to dig before you throw out the shovel? You don't have to dig down to your bottom. Bring your bottom up and quit while you're ahead. What will it take? A DUI? A couple? A loss of friendships and relationships? Illness? Injury? Killing someone by accident? Incarceration? Death? All of those are possible and some of them quite likely to happen if you keep drinking. You really want to keep digging? If you don't, then get help. It's there.

I just got back from a Young People in AA conference in California. We had people there with 54 years of sobriety down to 10 hours. We had fun! There is endless amounts of fun to be had in sobriety. You just have to be willing to accept the fellowship people want to offer you. I hope you decide to stick around and give sobriety another go. I'm back on Day 13 now. I've had a few Day 13's. All that matters to me right now is that i'm sober and i'm not alone. I hope you're able to say the same thing as well soon.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Please don't give up. It took me hundred of attempts before I found a big epiphany xxxxx
Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Realising my life

And another voice pleading with you to stay You're travelling a long and broken road - let us walk beside you. We'll carry you when you stumble (and you may have to help us at times). But we're all heading towards the same destination - to a different future and a happier and healthier life xx
Old 04-07-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

lotta love and support here myrrah... where y'at???
Old 04-07-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I logged back in to see quite an amazing thread of love and support. Pretty cool stuff. I wish I could message each one of u individually to say thanks right now but I think it would take a long long time!! So thanks to each and every one of you. Not sure what I'm doing. But I logged on. Not entirely sober (3 beers in). But pretty happy to read some of what you all wrote. <3<3 much love. Xo.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
No quitting on yer quit eh!

Keep reaching out and coming back, we are here for you....
Old 04-07-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

For a while, I was just a creeper on this site as a guest. I would read the posts while drinking myself into oblivion. It started to make me think that deep down inside, maybe I wanted sobriety.

It was a way for me to set things in motion but I had to take time before I made that leap of faith. Keep SR as your reminder and remember that you came here for a reason that first time.

You will get no flack from me. I am simply suggesting that you continue to hang around here. No condescending looks here!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:38 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Relapsing with almost all addictions is like falling down. Imagine if babies that are first learning how to walk gave up when the constantly fell; no one would know how to walk! You are simply a newborn out of the uterus of hell. And while relapsing is horrible, so long as you keep going you will one day be able to walk with steady feet; even if the road is get's bumpy. Remember the tortoise beat the hare.

If you give up now the miles you have persevered through will be forgotten, and not celebrated like they should be. You deserve to have control of your life and even if it means crawling to the finish line, painted with bruised and scars, you will finish with pride. No great piece of art was without pain, and you are art in the making!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

How are you doing today/tonight Mrrryah?

Sending more love your way. ♥

Venus xx
Old 04-07-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
K9 Trainer, Ret. Sys Engr

please don't give up on you, baby steps baby steps. It is not how many times you fall, it is that you keep getting back up and moving towards the goal.

soft hugs for you
Old 04-07-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Really hope that you stay here with us Mrryah
Old 04-07-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Better to be drunk 99 out of 100 days then 100 out of one hundred , at minimum your failed attempts are giving your liver and kidneys precious rest from the toxins in alcohol, keep trying
Old 04-08-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrrryah1 View Post
I logged back in to see quite an amazing thread of love and support. Pretty cool stuff. I wish I could message each one of u individually to say thanks right now but I think it would take a long long time!! So thanks to each and every one of you. Not sure what I'm doing. But I logged on. Not entirely sober (3 beers in). But pretty happy to read some of what you all wrote. <3<3 much love. Xo.
Glad to see you still checking in....

Don't give up.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey Mrrryah, I'm only new to SR and a few days sober myself (this time!) but have to say that all I've experienced so far is acceptance & genuine support. I think we all know what it's like to judge ourselves harshly for re-lapsing over & over again. Personally, I think the damage that does to my self-esteem is by far the worst part of being addicted. But you know what? We're only human, all of us, and alcohol is a powerful drug. Instead of blaming yourself for failing to break free of it yet, why not try giving yourself credit for continuing to try? I know how hard it can be to give yourself any credit for what you see as being 'failure'and 'weakness' on your part but maybe it's possible to change the way you look at it and give yourself the compassion you need and deserve to keep on trying. I think you'll find that if you keep in touch here you'll find that kind of support from others as well. All the very best to you.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Just to clarify I didn't mean that SR was judging me. I meant that I feel my physical AA support group, here where I live, my sponsor, my recovery friends, my home group members, etc. etc. are getting sick and tired of me relapsing and are definitely treating me different. And rightly so. I understand. SR has given me nothing but love and support (well 95% of the time). Just wanted to clarify.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I meant that I feel my physical AA support group, here where I live, my sponsor, my recovery friends, my home group members, etc. etc. are getting sick and tired of me relapsing and are definitely treating me different.
Mrrryah - I don't personally know your situation or your specific AA group, but it could be that you're attributing your own frustrations to your group. While the people in your group may be concerned, remember that each and every one of those people has gone through the same thing that you're going through. They know exactly how hard it is to get through what you're going through, and I'm pretty sure that many of them - if not most - have also suffered relapses on the road to sobriety. They're there to help, not to judge.

The people on this board are also not here to judge, so I'm very glad that you came back here to post. We're behind you, struggles and all.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

The only requirement for membership is a DESIRE to stop drinking.

Just keep trying. Tell them that you DESIRE to stop drinking but it's a struggle. Keep coming back.

Glad to see you are still checking in - it really means something that you are.