Notices

When did you lose weight?

Old 04-02-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rar

I lost about 10 pounds in the 60 days I've been alcohol free. Unfortunately I don't look better. My face is thin and I look drawn and wrinkly. I think a fuller face plumped up some of my wrinkles.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yeah, I replaced my alcohol calories with sugar and crap calories for a while. 90 days in and I'm only starting to lose now that I am running again and focusing more on healthy eating. I just wasn't in any shape to deny myself anything other booze for a while and I think that was ok. Hoping I start losing and getting stronger again. I feel ready now.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ugh, losing weight............ easier said than done lol

I'm seriously considering saving up a couple grand, booking a flight to India, and just paying some random cosmetic surgery clinic the $4-$5 thousand to go in and suck ALL the flab/extra pounds out and be done with it. Then when i get back ill have a fresh start and hopefully the fat will stay gone with adopting better eating habits. Out of curiosity i consulted with a local state-side weight loss clinic, they wanted like $8k - for only 1 section of the body, what a rip off

America is one GIANT scam (no pun intended)........ the "food" is nothing but empty calories carbs and preservatives, then you get fat, then you develop health issues, then the "doctors" enter the picture and shake you down for $, then big insurance shakes you down for $, then the tax-man shakes you down for $, then your problems havent changed at all cos big pharma drugs just treat the symptoms, then you are back at the doctor's, then you lose more $, meanwhile politicians are getting rich in the background, then you lose more $, then you get more drugs, then you lose more $, then you gain even more weight, then you get cancer, then you get diabetes, then you lose more $, then you have a heart attack, then you get alzheimers, then you lose more $, then the "doctors" take more of ur $, then you lose even more $, and so on until you are dead
Old 04-02-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Jillian I didn't lose an ounce but everybody thought I did, I think what happened was the bloat went, my face is definitely less puffy.

I advise you not to worry about it. Replace the booze with good food, fresh air and exercise and you'll look way better in a couple of months.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I ate like a MAD MAN when I drank(which was everyday). I gained 50 pounds myself over my 7 years of drinking. I lost 20 pounds in about 7 months with no exercise whatsoever. And not too much modification of my diet other then not over eating like I did when I was drunk.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grubby View Post

America is one GIANT scam (no pun intended)........ the "food" is nothing but empty calories carbs and preservatives, then you get fat, then you develop health issues, then the "doctors" enter the picture and shake you down for $, then big insurance shakes you down for $, then the tax-man shakes you down for $, then your problems havent changed at all cos big pharma drugs just treat the symptoms, then you are back at the doctor's, then you lose more $, meanwhile politicians are getting rich in the background, then you lose more $, then you get more drugs, then you lose more $, then you gain even more weight, then you get cancer, then you get diabetes, then you lose more $, then you have a heart attack, then you get alzheimers, then you lose more $, then the "doctors" take more of ur $, then you lose even more $, and so on until you are dead
This is so depressing. I actually laughed.

I am on a mission to lose my last 5 pounds. It's happening.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I initially lost weight 73kg down to 60kg now due to competition I'm a lean 58kg
Old 04-02-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Lost ten lbs like in the first two weeks. My body was crying out for relief from the alcohol abuse. I ate so much ice cream those first 6 weeks but I've maintained and actually in total lost about 10-15 lbs over the whole 7+ mos.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I started binge eating when I quit drinking I was disappointed with 2 things. 1 I didn't save money because now I had taken up more hobbies instead of drinking and that I gained weight, eventually I was able to get my weight down after really working on my spirituality. I would try to get one beast in check at a time.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Since October 9th of last year, I've only had one glass of wine on Thanksgiving, so that gives me four months of abstinence and six months since the last time I got drunk. I still live on the same crappy diet, and I've lost about 15 lbs. I look like I lost more because the bloating has gone away.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I guess the main thing is we are sober looking forward to looking better though!!
Old 04-03-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Ok I'm hitting the gym today. Need to get my blurry 4-pack back! :~p
Old 04-03-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

It takes time for your body to get back in sync. The best things you can do to support this is to replace the bad habits with healthy ones.
since you just quit recently, you might be dehydrated, drink water, eat fruit for the sugar your body is missing, get some light exercise, a good multi vitamin.
don't overwhelm yourself, but you can add on to the healthy habits, its a win win with your sobriety.
how are you feeling and sleeping?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
I lost about 10 pounds in the 60 days I've been alcohol free. Unfortunately I don't look better. My face is thin and I look drawn and wrinkly. I think a fuller face plumped up some of my wrinkles.
This is a commonly understood thing ... when we are young if we lose some weight we look better, when we get older when we lose some weight we look older, because our skin no longer "springs back" the weight it used to. Welcome to old age, the most natural and frequently occuring thing on the planet....

We still look better in our clothes though
Old 04-03-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grubby View Post
Ugh, losing weight............ easier said than done lol

I'm seriously considering saving up a couple grand, booking a flight to India, and just paying some random cosmetic surgery clinic the $4-$5 thousand to go in and suck ALL the flab/extra pounds out and be done with it. Then when i get back ill have a fresh start and hopefully the fat will stay gone with adopting better eating habits. Out of curiosity i consulted with a local state-side weight loss clinic, they wanted like $8k - for only 1 section of the body, what a rip off

OmG !! That's so..ooooo funny !

Grubby, don't let nobody take the vacuum to ya.

I gotta blow up my TV, get an honest job, and if I'm too lazy to start a few rows this Spring , at least get to the Farmer's Market !?!

I think I lost an ounce of fat just laughing so hard !!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Let's do it green eggs! Fandy- last night I slept a lot better. Although I had my first "drinking" dreams. When I woke up I almost thought I was hungover. But I'm at work and feel good. Eating good, taking vitamins, planning on walking at lunch.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

I walk about an hour a day. Started that when drinking. Plateaued.

Quit drinking six weeks beginning this year. Weight goes down despite sweets increase.

Binge on weekends. Weight goes up, sweets go down.

Quit again march 11. Sweets go up, weight starting to drop.

Real life chart:

wagonweight.jpg

Off and on are wagon status.