Notices

Fell down at 7 months sober.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You seem very self aware. Relapse sucks. But it's not the end of the world. You've already analyzed what happened so you're aware of what to guard against next time. I think that's really valuable in moving forward from a relapse and being successful at sobriety.

Best of luck to you in rehab.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

I am down in Rehab at Hemet California down by Riverside and San Diego. I am 5 days sober today and the staff and facility is great. I'll probley stay here as long as I can to get well and learn some coping skills and much needed relapse prevention skills because I am tired of relapsing. But I'm trying and it's been hard as hell but I'm sticking with it
Old 03-28-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

That's great to read. Keeping you in my prayers.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you YAC. sounds like you're in a good place

D
Old 03-28-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you for your honest post. Although I suffer from different addictions it's all one in the same. I hope rehab can get you back on the path you belong on. Remember 7 months is a great achievement, that's a whole lot of days of sobriety. Your not starting back at square one, because you have all that knowledge under our belt. Learn from it, keep moving forward, leave the past in the dust. Your post makes me optimistic. Best of luck to you moving forward : )
Old 03-28-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. This post made me feel better as I too relapsed last weekend with 4 months sober. Also young here, I too have not lost the war! I wish you the best.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Best of luck to you!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post YAC. I too am coming to 7 months and have all those thoughts you described. Thanks for the insight and advice. Best of luck to you. I know you will be even stronger and determined to choose the path your meant to live.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Best to you. I appreciate your honesty, and I really, truly believe you are going to come out stronger, and able and willing to help others, as you so clearly state.

Congrats. This is a stumble, but not your future.

:-)
Old 03-28-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well done on 7 months and as importantly for getting back on your feet ! A timely reminder for me ! Many thanks indeed !!
Old 03-29-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YoungAndClean View Post
FreeOwl this really struck a chord with me because I made a 'conscious decision to relapse' also. In fact, I drove 2 and a half hours to get the type of drug I wanted. One would think that with all that time, I could have talked myself out of it. But it didn't work that way, I was like a prisoner in my own body, the desire to feel that high possessed me and I became like a puppet.
I've been there too....

Several years ago, one of my addictions was cocaine. It only went on for about a year and a half, thankfully. I managed to get free of that crap without any 'recovery' plan or significant effort. I just grew very very tired and beaten down by it and a huge life change (divorce, moving away from a heavily-coke-infused area) helped support my leaving it behind. HOWEVER... in the late days of my cycle with that stuff, several times I found myself driving through heavy LA traffic spending 2-3 hours on the freeway to go hook up some more.... chastising myself for it all the way.

INSANITY
Old 03-29-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done, you xxxxxx