Notices

Hi all...

Old 08-15-2014, 02:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome back Rob!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 08-17-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Update!

My resolve thankfully didn't cave over the weekend (and it was in fact cathartic, being open with my friends about how I have to stop -- and they all agreed, and went on to tell me stories about their own difficulties)

We're all human and none of us are perfect!

I've started the detox meds, and I just noticed that I'm sweating on the keyboard a little less than usual!

Checking my BP every hour, have my doc's home #, and wife knows guidelines for when I go to the ER.

Going to the store in a bit to buy gatorade, ginger ale, root beer, ice cream .. lol.

Wish me luck tonight guys; we're coming up on my normal drinking time! Thanks for all the inspiration you've given me.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad you're back. Good luck to you! Keep us updated.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Exactly 60 hours AF!

Hasn't been pleasantly at all, but with med supervision, at least I'm not dead

Some research suggests the worst is over, but I must remain ever vigilant.

Told myself I'd go into the office ... Ha! 3 years of 130+ units a week for almost 3 years and I can go the next day? We think silly things sometimes, we who are alcoholics.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great job on 60 hours Rob. You've got a fight ahead (we all do...) but you are off to a good start. Nothing will be gained by drinking now. The only way out of this is forward, without alcohol. Each hour that passes will be better than the last in terms of the withdrawls and getting the remaining alcohol out of your system. So glad to have you back, it sounds like you will have a lot of valuable experience and advice to share and of course we are all happy to support you with our own experiences and advice. Keep it up!
Old 08-19-2014, 01:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Rob. Reading both your intro post, and your REintro post SO SO reminds me of... me. That's my life, my job, my habits, almost to a tee. No work issues or suspicions, yet, but I don't aim to have them start. I went 4 months back in January, thought "I'm unique! I'm cured!" and went to try to drink 'normally'. That lasted about a month...

So, I am back, and 9 days sober today... again.

I really would love to keep in touch, support you, and let you support me, if ya want, man.

Keep this up. Today, you and I won't drink- Deal?
Old 08-20-2014, 02:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

M: thanks so much for the words of encouragement! I know this will be tough. Having been through this rodeo a couple of times, I hope I'll be at a point very soon where I can contribute.

Hobbers: I thought I posted this yesterday, but heck yeah I think we have a lot in common on our journey. I didn't drink yesterday. Today we don't either, deal?