Notices

it HURTS.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Not sure what you mean by checking out Ippo, but please call some numbers if you need to. The pain is intensified by the drink...and you can end that. You aw worth it
Old 02-09-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If you mean checking out of SR maybe it's best to stick around -even if it just stops you drinkign for the rest of the day.Tomorrow's a fresh start and all that. Do this for your daughter if not for you,at least for now-nothing will change if you keep drinking

If checking out means something more sinister please call someone for help .The Samaritans are available 24 hours a day and are excellent. Can you get to an AA meetign today-maybe even call the helpline?

my thoughts are with you
Old 02-09-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i'm ok. had the police here for a couple of hours - apparently suicide is a public order offence! they're coming back to check on me later. exH is now happy i'm ok so has gone to the pub.

i'm so embarrassed that my teenage breakup has led to the police being called. i still want to go home.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Can you see your GP tomorrow ippo or get referral to mental health team for help. Sorry if you've already done this-there are loads of resources that can help you
Old 02-09-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
~sb

Alcoholics Anonymous is full of people who understand

You are so worthy of staying stopped and hanging around with us. We need you
Old 02-09-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Chicki I've been where you are. It was an overwhelming, soul crushing pain. I get it.

But here's the thing about life -everything is temporary, both good and bad. I know it sounds cliché, but this really will pass.

Is there someone you can call? Please ask for help. And just get through the next minute...and then the next. Every minute that passes brings you closer to the day when this pain is a memory, and you have the life you deserve. And that day will come, but you have to fight for it.

Please take care of yourself (((Chicki))
Old 02-09-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

It took me to get to a point where the pain became too much to bear and the fear of change didn't seem like a death sentence anymore in order for me to take a risk to get some help. Why don't you go down to a few AA meetings, you will find a lot of similarities there.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Chickippo...are you still there?
Old 02-09-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Chickippo,

Can you go back and get your cat? He/She would be of great comfort right now...or are you somewhere that does not allow pets?
Old 02-09-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It will get better. Get the support you need. There are so many resources and opportunities waiting for you: AA, emotions anonymous, counseling, therapy, AVRT, SMART recovery, supplements, medication (consult with your Dr.) Anything is better than misery.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

my cat is not allowed. i have got through today and will get through tomorrow. it just hurts so much. ugh.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Don't be silly Chicipoo, the fact is if you quit drinking and work at life , it will get better! Stay with us at SR there is a lot of help here! Stay Strong and Well! Bobby
Old 02-09-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I also went through a phase of being accused of having to much fun and friends in recovery! There were times my other half would tee me of in an argument over nothing and if I walked away rather then scream , she would tell me go ahead go to the bar or whatever. I learned not to take the bait! This is for me. Giving in and drinking helps nothing! Stay Strong and Well , Bobby
Old 02-09-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Thinking of you, Chickippo. Hang in there. You CAN get through this and it will all look so different on the other side
Old 02-09-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Dear Chickippo,

Your pain and plight is palpable, I feel so sad for you. Please try just to breathe, and focus on today. Thinking of you. It's horribly painful, I know, im in a bad way myself, but there will be brief moments of relief, so we can only focus on those.
Please let us know how you are doing.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Double post - sorry
Old 02-09-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Chicki - Our comments probably seem lame right now - your pain is intense & it's hard to imagine things ever changing. Yet every day the pain will lessen just a bit - nothing stays the same for long. You can get past these dark days and have an even better & happier life. Please keep posting.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Poison Eater Extraordinaire

Originally Posted by chickippo View Post
i'm ok. had the police here for a couple of hours - apparently suicide is a public order offence! they're coming back to check on me later. exH is now happy i'm ok so has gone to the pub.

i'm so embarrassed that my teenage breakup has led to the police being called. i still want to go home.
How did the police end up there? Did you tell someone you were going to kill yourself?
Old 02-09-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Does it matter freethinking?

Ippo, if you need some crisis links or resources PM me...I'll be glad to dig them out

Hope to hear from you soon,
D
Old 02-09-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling a bit better today ippo