Notices

End of Day Three

Old 02-02-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

End of Day Three

At the end of day three. I made it 18 days then had a two day relapse. Luckily I didn't have full blown detox, but I've been crazy busy this weekend. It was oddly easy to not drink while watching the superbowl. (probably because I sat at home with my wife and kid)

I'm still bummed that I drank two days in a row last Thursday and Friday.

The cycle I can't seem to break is if people are talking about booze and fantasizing about it. No matter what plan I put in place, I always fail here.

I can't leave work on a whim. But starting tomorrow I have a new team that is a little more serious, so hopefully I won't hear about booze all the time.

No symptoms today. I had high anxiety on night 1, and a little anxiety on night 2. This shows that I've made progress between January 11th, and January 30th.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey justin, go easy on yourself...this is hard stuff. Congratulations on day 3 - keep going that way.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Good going, Justin!

Stick with us!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's important not to beat yourself up too much Justin.
You made some mistakes, but you also learnt some lessons too.

don't get stuck back there in last week.

The cycle I can't seem to break is if people are talking about booze and fantasizing about it. No matter what plan I put in place, I always fail here.
you don't *always* fail...with every attempt you gain knowledge.
there's a lot of your story yet to be written

You never have to drink again - believe that
Old 02-02-2014, 09:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

Your post reminded me of my first experience with AA. I felt like all they ever talked about was alcohol, booze, getting drunk, etc. At first, I felt that I might go mad being constantly reminded of it when I should be avoiding it like the plague. What I started to realize, as I continued to go anyway, was that it actually started to help me. I slowly overcame my anxiety every time the word alcohol was spoken and it allowed me to relax and take control over this fear of the forbidden fruit. I did not want it but I did not cower at the thought or talk of it anymore. It was like desensitization conditioning and was another tool to put in my bag. But I still won't buy potato chips because those are on the beer aisle, lol.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Congrats on day 3 xxxxx
Old 02-03-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by justinJustQuit View Post
What situations are you putting yourself in where people are romanizing alcohol?

Here's a plan. Avoid those situations or have the strength to not engage in such converstation.

Sobriety means change. Big change. Change in how you deal with everyday normal stuff, change in what you do with your time, change in who you hang with and where.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
sobriety means change. Big change. Change in how you deal with everyday normal stuff, change in what you do with your time, change in who you hang with and where.
bulls eye!

Be well