Notices

I am knew..I am scared..

Old 01-01-2014, 12:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am new here too but this place seems like a massive and current place for support.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I made it. Day 6....News years eve was easy. Today has been testing me..The day just felt like throwing out a few road bumps for me today. Im sure day 6 is nothing compared to the next few days....weeks....months...years... But i keep getting this weird numbing feeling in my lungs. Like I am breathing ice. My husband said it could be a withdrawal.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome someonelikeyou0 as well. I hope you had a good 2014 new years so far.

Note:Last night was hard..Day 7, but my brain kept spinning till 2am, tossed and turned till 4am, finally got up at 6:20am out of bed. No reason my husband should get lack of sleep. He did stay up till 2am with me. Today is going to be a post alot day...i can feel it.
I am going to need help with sleep and anxiety for a bit. Is it wrong to take xanax from my doctor if I need. For some reason I feel like using one thing to replace another is wrong. Or is it? Sleep is very important. I am going to post this to main board as well. Why do I feel so anxious and confused about everything..
Old 01-03-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by kflee View Post
Is it wrong to take xanax from my doctor if I need.
Did your doctor know you were an alcoholic when prescribing the Xanax? If not then I would ask your doctor first.

Insomnia is so common among the newly sober that we have an entire forum about it. Scroll down on the main page and you'll see it. Lots of good tips and strategies in there.

Anxiety is also quite common in the early stages of sobriety. Research supports this is a normal reaction. The brain isn't meant to be covered in happy sauce all the time. To compensate for the excess pleasure chemicals stimulated by alcohol consumption the brain starts producing more chemicals that induce stress and anxiety. This creates a balance to the boozing.

Then you take away the booze - the balance is disrupted. Now you have too much stress and anxiety chemical not offset by happy chemicals. It will take a few weeks or months before your brain stops over-producing stress and anxiety chemicals. That can be an unpleasant period to get through, but once you start to experience normal happiness again it is well worth the wait.

Just don't fall victim to the quick fix of another drink. Alcohol is causing the anxiety, not solving it!

Best of Luck on Your Journey!
Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you nonsensical. I do agree very much about the dangers and to watch out for replacement. My Psychiatrist does know how much I drank. I go see her cuz I have severe anxiety disorder and have been hospitalized before for major panic attacks. I did not realize how I was turning to alcohol so fast to cover it up. ..NOT GOOD...but back to the subject at hand. My Doc tests my blood and liver every visit. Liver levels are at 33 and I am surprised. Doc suggested to increase for this month if needed. I am stuck in insanity cycle of guilt.
I WANT TO JUMP OUT OF MY SKIN RIGHT NOW..WHY???
Old 01-03-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,,,, hang tough!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks ClydeChief. Im trying my best.
Day 8...I just got back from my Doctor and got Alprazolam. Although I feel better this morning than yesterday morning. I have not taken a xanax yet, nor will i until bedtime most likely. But I wonder if its PLACEBO effect going on for me. Just knowing I have the prescription reduces my anxiety. I am going to use this to my advantage and not take unless in deep anxiety or panic.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone.
redneckrecovery: I like your statement. I will be ready to catch myself with sobriety..
This is 8th morning without adding flavor to my coffee. I found 5 baileys bottles all around the house hidden when i cleaned all alcohol out. I forgot they where there. It felt good to dump down sink. I even recorded it for my future. Very empowering.
And meetings are going great KAT60...and to all..I cant beleive I did that..