Notices

Hydro Addict of 8 1/2 years.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi! Just wanted to say to u that my bf I stood by kicked this monkey and he was an iv user! U can do this believe me, u just have to want it bad enough and it yours!!! That's the whole secret!!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I hope you are doing better and is the methadone working well for you? I'm on day 6 with trying to stay clean. It's so very hard and I know how you feel.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done preacher it is so possible and look your doing it

Happy for you on your journey so glad I found this site
Old 09-17-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
One day at a time

I'm so glad I read this thread I too am addicted I take up to 6 a day but I have taken up to 10 I am a female and smaller so it's really scary thinking how many I have taken I have stolen from my BF's mom stolen from my mom when she has had surgeries it's my biggest crutch I badly want to get sober and I hope I can like you did! I constantly worry if I will have enough and in the past year have spent probably 5 or 6,000 on pills please update me if the detox worked god bless and hanks for posting it helps to read that others have problems with these things just like me!
Old 04-12-2021, 02:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Found my old thread. A few months after I entered treatment I met my wife that I've been with for almost 7 years and we have a 5 year old daughter. Recovery is still a daily struggle but it can be done. Haven't bought a pill since I entered treatment on 3/10/14. Hope everyone is still alive on here. Love you all. All my best.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:11 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats a fantastic update The Preacher - well done

D
Old 04-12-2021, 02:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by youngconfused View Post
I'm so glad I read this thread I too am addicted I take up to 6 a day but I have taken up to 10 I am a female and smaller so it's really scary thinking how many I have taken I have stolen from my BF's mom stolen from my mom when she has had surgeries it's my biggest crutch I badly want to get sober and I hope I can like you did! I constantly worry if I will have enough and in the past year have spent probably 5 or 6,000 on pills please update me if the detox worked god bless and hanks for posting it helps to read that others have problems with these things just like me!
I'm still in Medicated assisted treatment. Slot of doctors and scientists are now saying that an addict needs something to stabilize them to keep them from relapsing. I take some methadone in the morning once a day and it keeps me feeling normal, no withdrawals and it takes away the craving to use. I suppose some people can just go off them but I was an addict for a decade with pill use nearly everyday, I went off everything sober one time for like 6 months and I never felt normal, the withdrawal wouldn't end so I may be on methadone for awhile until I feel I can slowly taper off but I'm doing well so no need right now. Sorry it took me 7 years to respond, that's awful - I got better in treatment and forgot about this thread. I hope you beat it.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:19 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi The Preacher,

So happy you entered rehab. Best and most intelligent move you could have made.

Well done.

Old 04-12-2021, 01:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You can persevere

I had a five year addiction to Norco about 20 years ago. My dr finally cut me off. It was terrifying, I started rationing and weaning down as my prescription ran out. The withdrawals were very uncomfortable.... my legs felt like I needed to move them constantly or they’d feel horrible. No sleep. I didn’t know what normal felt like and was afraid I never would. When I ran out, that was it. No one knew about my problem and they still don’t. If I didn’t have such a fear of breaking the law there’s no telling what I would have done to get some. Withdrawal is awful, but it isn’t deadly like with alcohol. Just pure misery. Use whatever tools and resources you have to be successful. I have known people who were taken off hydrocodone only to be addicted to suboxone for years and years. Is this better? I don’t know. I don’t want any substance to have control over me again. But you can use the methadone as a tool, just keep your goal to get off it as well at some point or you’ll still be a slave in the end. Good luck to you, you can do this.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Oops. Just read date on your original post TP. :

You're doing great. Thanks for the update.

"Well done" still applies. So does "intelligent."

Great when seeing people getting better.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThePreacher View Post
Found my old thread. A few months after I entered treatment I met my wife that I've been with for almost 7 years and we have a 5 year old daughter. Recovery is still a daily struggle but it can be done. Haven't bought a pill since I entered treatment on 3/10/14. Hope everyone is still alive on here. Love you all. All my best.

Great that you are checking in. I too was abusing my prescription opiates. Today I work on day 333. I also been on pain medicine for a long time at very high dose. How is the supplemental medication making you feel? I ask because I am curious
Old 04-12-2021, 05:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
Great that you are checking in. I too was abusing my prescription opiates. Today I work on day 333. I also been on pain medicine for a long time at very high dose. How is the supplemental medication making you feel? I ask because I am curious
I've been on it for 7 years now, it takes a few weeks to get your dosage figured out but once you do it really just makes you feel normal and keeps cravings away. If you abuse methadone it can be just another drug, but if you take it correctly in a supervised setting, it works miracles. Makes you feel normal for 24-36 hours.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThePreacher View Post
I've been on it for 7 years now, it takes a few weeks to get your dosage figured out but once you do it really just makes you feel normal and keeps cravings away. If you abuse methadone it can be just another drug, but if you take it correctly in a supervised setting, it works miracles. Makes you feel normal for 24-36 hours.
Thank you for the response. I'm doing okay as far as cravings go. But I do deal with physical pain daily due to arthritis. I feel it all , but being sober let's me know that I need self care. When I was abusing my prescription opiates I had so many injuries that I was unaware of. I would just be numb emotionally and physically. I'll say it again nothing compares to the pain of withdrawal physically and mentally. Day 336