Notices

Caffeine

Old 11-12-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Way to go on 3 days Renarde.

I felt the same way about caffeine being part of the cycle. I'd wake up feeling beat from the night before, so I'd drink a bunch of coffee until I switched to alcohol. I hardly ever actually drank water at all. Coffee to make me awake, jittery and anxious and then alcohol to reverse the effects(except in the long run, it too made me anxious.). What a waste!
Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

That's exactly how I felt too. I was totally drying my body out and it felt horrible. I am seeing a huge difference in my skin and I have actually gotten some compliments on it.

I am still getting the headaches and I have noticed that my digestion and concentration are kind of messed up but I expect all of that to go away.

I'm surprised that I've actually been enjoying tea and looking forward to it in a similar way. I bought Yogi Tea - peach liver detox, ginger for digestion, and lavender honey for relaxation. They are really nice. I appreciate your support and comments so much. Thank you for being so helpful and encouraging! It is making a difference for me.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
That's exactly how I felt too. I was totally drying my body out and it felt horrible. I am seeing a huge difference in my skin and I have actually gotten some compliments on it.

I am still getting the headaches and I have noticed that my digestion and concentration are kind of messed up but I expect all of that to go away.

I'm surprised that I've actually been enjoying tea and looking forward to it in a similar way. I bought Yogi Tea - peach liver detox, ginger for digestion, and lavender honey for relaxation. They are really nice. I appreciate your support and comments so much. Thank you for being so helpful and encouraging! It is making a difference for me.

So far so good. Day two for me. I did have THREE sips of my wifes diet soda but other than that no caffeine!

I had a pretty bad headache last night as well as this morning. Drank lots of water and took some advil. Went away

Where can you purchase these teas Renarde?

I feel a little bit better phsyically (I know I will feel much better in time) but I like knowing that I am doing something healthy. For me.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Renarde, the other symptoms will go away, just give it a little time. For me, the worst was over in a week, but I still felt extra tired for about the first month. But month 2 I felt completely fine.

Weaver, way to go on day 2!!

On the tea topic, my favorites have been a few by Celestial Seasonings- Sleepytime, Chamomile, Bengal Spice (which is their take on a caffeine free chai. Nothing like Chai tea with a little sugar and a splash of milk!) There are some other decaf chai teas I've tried and liked as well. I live in a small town, so the tea selection available in town are a little limited, but I picked up a huge selection of decaf teas on one of my trips. You can also order them off the internet if you can't find things locally. Just beware of black and green tea, both have caffeine, although you can find decaf versions of both.

Personally, although the decaf versions still have a very small amount of caffeine, I've been drinking them anyway. The first month I avoided them, but it just left my drink choices too limited. I really love my cup of coffee, no way around that.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey Weaver, great work! I buy my teas at Whole Foods or other natura grocery stores. I also enjoy Celestial Seasonings - especially their apple and raspberry teas.

I am doing ok with energy today but I am still fighting the awful headaches. I remind myself it's the vessels in my brain dilating - is this something I want to play with on a regular basis? No. So I need to make it through. 4 days in is too late to turn back! I read that this can take up to 7 days. I am drinking lots of water and trying to eat healthfully. My sleep has been a bit weird too.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day 5 and feeling good this morning.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Finished day 6 and into day 7. Headaches are less frequent and I have more energy. Weaver, are you still around? How are doing?
Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Wow I'm glad I joined this site. I have caffine issues now also, won't discuss the nicotene yet. Tried decaf,doesn't cut it after meetings we go to dunking donughts the caffine is endless.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:53 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Finished day 6 and into day 7. Headaches are less frequent and I have more energy. Weaver, are you still around? How are doing?
Hello there! Still very much around and going strong...ish lol. I have not consumed any caffeine except those three sips off my wife's caffeinated beverage a few days ago. I even stopped drinking decaf as it just made me jones for the real thing. I have been drinking lots and lots of water and herbal tea at bedtime. I feel pretty good! More mentally sound than physical as I feel empowered that I have successfully (thus far) been able to put an end to yet another extreme addiction.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Renarde- Way to go on one week!! I found it got a lot better after the first week was up. It'll just keep getting easier here on out.

Weaver- You're doing great, too. Keep it up.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

This seems to a popular topic. Quitting caffeine. I quit alkohol because my blood pressure was going up in the summer heat where I live. Then my blood pressure went up even more when I had an axiety attack and I had to go to a clinic and spend two nights there. The morning before it happened I had enjoyed two large cups of coffee with milk. So it has put me off coffee since. I am sure I would still be drinking to much coffee if that had not happened. Now I got diagnosed with severe gastritis and cant drink it but I dont want to anyway. I find tea is a good replacement.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

How is it going?
Old 11-20-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi! Thanks for asking. I am doing well. Have little headaches here and there but it is better than it was. I did cave and had black tea on Monday, but nothing since.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I often forget that caffeine is a drug. So many of us drink it in excess and probably do not even think about having a caffeine dependency. I know that I didn't until I had to cut WAY back due to health issues. I thought it would be pretty simple, but it wasn't. I am at 1 cup per day to avoid the terrible caffeine headache from coming. I'd be fine if I could keep my consumption to that. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can and also wishing you luck on your attempts to part ways with it.