Notices

Ocd

Old 01-23-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I don't have OCD but both my daughter and my boss suffer with it. On days when they are both stressed I sometimes want to shoot myself. I understand they cannot help it and I love them both but it is hard for those of us without OCD to understand. My daughter explains it like a hamster on a wheel. Their OCD presents differently but each has their own set of issues. I am usually just thankful that I do not live in their heads and sad that they have to live with that sort of torment.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I've left the subway station many times after paying the fare to walk back to my house to make sure I've locked my front door (which I have). What a pain! I don't remember half the things I've done, it's like being on autopilot.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I believe I have a form of OCD. Mine is a mental obsession with alcohol which manifests itself as a physical compulsion to drink. Does that qualify?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Yes .its called alcoholism
Old 04-08-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

My sister has OCD which manifests in excessive and ritualistic house cleaning. She is spending a week with me at the end of this month. I have stocked up on all kinds of cleaning items, swifters (wet and dry) and even purchased the shark sonic duo. Of course I don't expect her to clean my house while I'm at work that week but,,,,, thought it best to be prepared ... just in case
Old 04-08-2014, 11:40 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Mine has seemed to lighten up some. I used to check all doors and windows in the house over and over each night. Wouldnt put anything in my mouth that has touched my fingers. Keep pushing the door lock button for my truck even tho the horn beeps..did it beep? Do it again.. I am a seal freak. Canned food has to make a air noises when opening or I will toss it. I carefully watch the seal on bottled water or milk tear open as I slowly turn the cap..then when it's open I wonder if I really saw it happen and if it was really sealed. Crazy!! On and on it goes..but it has gotten better over the years. I used to think I was crazy. I blamed it on all of the second hand pot smoke I ingested when I was young..haha