Notices

THE weekend thread you weekenders 11, 12 & 13th oct 2013

Old 10-13-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Sorry for not checking in earlier than this. Still sober but a crazy busy weekend that's just coming to an end here in the UK. Hope everyone is well. x
Old 10-13-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Checking in 28 days and still sober. Went to a gogo lounge with some friends and drank water the whole night. Its hilarious seeing my friends get drunk and act a fool. Another reasons to stay sober
Old 10-13-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I slipped up this weekend on Friday and Saturday so I'm starting fresh today. The anxiety is back but I know it will pass. I am disappointed I let my AV get the best of me but I learned from it and will use that moving forward. I hope everyone is having a good Sunday.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

The end of a sober weekend...
Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I made it through my first sober holiday this year! There was so much alcohol available and my family does enjoy a few drinks at these gatherings but I am glad that I kept my eye on the prize and didn't give in. I got to really connect with the people who were there and that is what is important to me. I hope this is the first of many sober occasions with people that I love.

ZeldaFan, glad you are back! It takes courage to get back up when you fall.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Wanted to thank everyone for this thread. It's Monday morning, and I made it through my first weekend without alcohol. It's Day 6 for me, and I've quit enough times before to know I'm still in my honeymoon stage of early sobriety. But I feel great and hopeful. Thanks, everyone. Working on my plan to stay sober today.

Zeldafan, hang in there. I'm a serial quitter... the only difference between you and me is that I tried one more time. Keep trying. :-)
Old 10-14-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me here and doing ok so far. A lot of cravings but will not drink today. Off to enjoy a day off with my family and do some grilling and gardening this afternoon. Cheers.