Notices

Addicted to SR???

Old 10-02-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by croydonlad View Post
I don't even have an avatar. What should I wear? Please don't tell me I should wear nothing. No one wants to see that!

How do you even get a picture for your profile?
Old 10-02-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yes. I believe I'm somewhat addicted to this forum.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Same here. There is undoubtedly something like an addiction to SR.
I find it completely positive, inspiring, encouraging and a reminder of how far I've come and a reminder for the fact that sobriety is worth it.

This is one unique place to read about experiences of people in similar circumstances and the same boat etc. It is a good reminder that we are definately not alone in this and an even better reminder of the fact that people live happily without alcohol in their lives. That it is not only possible but indeed maybe the best thing that can happen in an alcoholic's life.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi. My name is Firstymer. And I am an SR-aholic. My addiction is recent. It started about 38 days ago, the day of my last drink. I have tried moderation. At one point, I was down to 2 or 3 viewings a day. But, eventually, I was back to 10 or 15 shots of SR a day. Which is where I am now. Oddly, the only negative effect has been the occasional sideways glance from a co-worker. The positive effects are too numerous to count. I am not sure if I will ever stop. My SRV is very powerful. It has been kicking the cr*p out of my AV lately.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

This is an addiction from God! We are so blessed to have this site. Hehe
Old 10-03-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Addicted to this site? Nah! Woke up at 4am, it's now 7.30 pm and not signed out once
Old 10-03-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleDragons View Post
I am started to think I am addicted to being here. (kidding, kind of?!?) Did this happen to any of you when you found SR and started considering sobriety?
I would not have stayed sober without SR. I started on here the first night of no drinking. It was my lifeline.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:18 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SkyeSea View Post
Addicted to this site? Nah! Woke up at 4am, it's now 7.30 pm and not signed out once
LMAO......

although I am going to have to make that LMFAO...I have been sitting on it so much while I am here it is getting flat!
Old 10-03-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've been a member over five years and just about to hit four years sober... so you can see it took me a while to 'get it'. I am so thankful to SR for being here for me any time of day or night. I am thankful to the owners of the site too for having it. This place saved my life and I will be forever grateful.

and yes, I'm addicted to the place.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I think I may now be addicted! I've spent all evening on here browsing through the same posts. Lol
Old 10-03-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

SR and AA
Have been instrumental in keeping me sober. To be honest SR taught me more about alcoholism and the 12 step program than attending meetings. I am quite isolated as regards to AA meetings and SR has been a lifesaver.

Early on in sobriety I spent a lot time on SR, now I log on in the morning to read the daily readings on the 12 step thread and have started reading the newcomers posts to get my drinking into perspective. keeps me humble.

I have less to say now than I did when I first got sober.

Thank you SR.

CaiHong
Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Sometimes I feel like I think about alcohol more when I check into SR. Anyone else feel that way?? Is that weird? Was really busy today, realized I hadn't thought about alcohol all evening, and got on to check here and now it's all I'm thinking about. Should I step back a bit!? Maybe lol
Old 10-03-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Mama, I think about alcohol more consciously when I am on this site. I think that's okay, though. I need some daily time thinking about the nature of my addiction to get the most out of my sobriety. If I actually "forget" about alcohol, my real relationship to alcohol, that is precisely when I am in danger of drinking again.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 83mama0f2 View Post
Sometimes I feel like I think about alcohol more when I check into SR. Anyone else feel that way?? Is that weird? Was really busy today, realized I hadn't thought about alcohol all evening, and got on to check here and now it's all I'm thinking about. Should I step back a bit!? Maybe lol

83..I do and you are not the first person to say this. Part of me feels like it is flexing new muscles, being exposed to alcohol in sobriety in a safe place. But I totally understand what you are saying. Sometimes I lean into threads that talk about later recovery, less about alcohol and more about the process and what people who have been successful have done.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
w2r

I find I need to spend time here.
When I first tried to stop drinking, I missed a few days and the AV had her way with me!
We had been together for so long.
She knew the siren song I could not resist.
Reading SR creates a barrier between me and AV.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:38 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by w2r View Post
I find I need to spend time here.
When I first tried to stop drinking, I missed a few days and the AV had her way with me!
We had been together for so long.
She knew the siren song I could not resist.
Reading SR creates a barrier between me and AV.
This exactly ^^
I went without SR for a week once and those thoughts of drinking came right back...
I would be lost without this place and I certainly wouldn't be sober.

As far as it being an addiction, I seem to have that problem with everything so it's best to stick to things that are good for me
Old 10-04-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good to know, thanks everyone.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
LMAO......

although I am going to have to make that LMFAO...I have been sitting on it so much while I am here it is getting flat!
I wish mine would go flat!!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Very funny thread! Yes I'm addicted too! Yah I don't think I have seen my husband since Wednesday, just smell his dirty socks. So hard for us addicts to find balance.

But I am clean and sober and for now thats all that matters.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Guilty as charged)

I use special program to block distracting sites when working. Once I set timer somewhat for 3 days and added SR there.

Guess what? After a day I deleted the program - didn't unblock. Then I spent a couple of hours googling how to delete all the traces, turned my laptop inside out, finally made it and logged in SR.

And was soooo happy to "meet" all my friends - both old and new)))