Notices

Reset

Old 10-02-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You guys have so much wisdom. Thank you all so much. I started out with AA, which is where I heard people saying that willpower won't work, I can't white-knuckle it forever, I need to accept my powerlessness, etc. Maybe my thinking is wrong? I did try AVRT which I did like better because I think it suits my logical-thinking brain.

And Dee, thinking about what you said, figuring out what's going through my mind that leads up to that drink, I bought a notebook today. I've always enjoyed writing and I'm going to start journaling again. This time though, whenever I feel like I want a drink, I'm going to jot down the circumstances and my thoughts and feeling at the time.

Thank you all so much!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 30 days and realizing that you want to get on track. You inspire me! I'm only on day 9 but I understand. Being overweight I'm always on a diet it seems. When I have tried something that works like jenny Craig for example people start to notice after a while. And I'm feeling good because I look better and feel better. So what do I do? Go out to lunch! Then dinner. You get the idea. Before I know it, I need even bigger clothes than when I started the diet. I'm pretty sure I would be the same if I allowed myself one glass of wine. Quite frankly I don't think I would stop at one. I'm so glad you got a notebook to help with your sobriety. Good luck to you . Good luck to us all!. I don't think I would have made it these 9 days without this site.