Notices

Ugh...back to Day 1...bu?t drinking helped

Old 09-30-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for all the posts, feedback! I am online now finding AA meetings..I think I need to add another "tool" besides SR (NO disrespect) just think the steps and finding a sponsor I can call would really help me....Thanks again to everyone!!
Old 09-30-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I think you're moving in a good direction, MN.

If you have any questions about AA, this is a good place for answers. I joined SR because I had trouble with the religion thing with AA. There's a whole section of this forum where I can get answers and post questions.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
No half measures

Originally Posted by MN81713 View Post
Do you really have a PhD in CD? Would be very interested in talking with you..am finishing my masters and am considering PhD...
Earning a PhD comes at a very high with the final exam experiencing acute withdrawl and being hospitalized. You pass if it does not kill you
Old 10-01-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Glad that you're looking into a formal recovery method/plan by giving AA another chance, MN. AA is really helping me stay sober. Like Coldfusion said, there's a whole 12-step subforum here where you can post questions about AA and get a range of thoughtful, caring answers.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I did get a bottle....and the anxiety of my take home exam went away
if willing and with a true desire
we can learn to get through these stressful events
without drinking
the more we come through without a drink
the easier to stay sober through the next big one

if I give in to all the reasons (thoughts) that tell me to drink
or drink every time there is stress in my life
just like the old days
I would be getting drunk a couple of times a day

Mountainman Bob
Old 10-01-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I needed alcohol to do laundry or cook dinner or vacuum. In the beginning of my sobriety, I accomplished very, very little. I'm pretty sure my immature little addiction decided I couldn't or didn't have to do anything since it couldn't have wine. Ah well...I always managed to do what I really had to. Wine didn't "help" me do any of the things I seem to think it did. It was habit and addiction. There was no "intelligence" behind it. Pardon me..yes there was.."addiction intelligence"...the collection of information my addiction collected against the enemy of sobriety.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:43 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Ok, one day did lead to many...as usual, missed Tue Exam, went to ER, able to get a Dr. excuse but they did find abnormal lab results, WoW this is real,,,,I don't want to die, back, once again, day 0 in AM.....
Old 10-02-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Have you spoken to a doctor about your anxiety? Maybe you medication to quell your feelings of anxiety.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Br00ksie;4216039]Have you spoken to a doctor about Zs
Yes, have zanax for anxiety....
Old 10-02-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hi MN Sorry to hear you've been through all that - it's one hell of a learning curve this drink thing isn't it.
Great to see you posting - take care of yourself xx
Old 10-02-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hang there MN. You can do this...moment by moment. Life is honestly, honestly so much better. Words simply do not express. Sobriety has so much more to offer than the miserable existence you are living now.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:25 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

thanksthanks
Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Hang there MN. You can do this...moment by moment. Life is honestly, honestly so much better. Words simply do not express. Sobriety has so much more to offer than the miserable existence you are living now.
I sure hope you are right...I am hanging on...hate I can't get into chat, but still, thanks for your response!!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:30 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

You've been at this awhile now my friend. Sobriety must be your priority..above all else and by whatever means possible. I fear if it doesn't come to that, nothing else will matter anyway.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
You've been at this awhile now my friend. Sobriety must be your priority..above all else and by whatever means possible. I fear if it doesn't come to that, nothing else will matter anyway.
Yes, you are right....
Old 10-03-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Hey MN, sorry to hear you went through all that. You're now armed with more knowledge about where drinking takes you and how it affects your daily life and your health. Once we stop drinking, we give ourselves a chance to start building new lives for ourselves.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
I am going to be honest with you because I care about you and all the other members here. I know you're wrapped up in school, work and family issues, but in end, they are a distant second to your own life. For many of us, alcoholism is a matter of life and death. I'm sure the doctors told you that but it never seems real from them. But it's real from me. If you keep drinking the way you do, you're going to die. And if you are lucky enough not to die, you will get to enjoy an extended stay in the Intensive Care Unit hooked up to all kinds of machines keeping you alive. Having lived through that hell myself, and am currently STILL facing medical repcrocussions from my drinking, I don't wish that on anyone, you included.

You can deal with all the other stuff like missed exams later. Get help now. Please. It's not too late for you.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

MN, digdug is right....your health needs to be your priority. You need a clear mind to see how important this can be to your life.

Please get help...
Old 10-03-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Thank you all again for your comments, maybe I do need to let everything go and just go to rehab....not doing very well on my own....just woke up, did not go any classes and have to work at 11pm....wish I could pour this bottle out, know I wont....will not post here under the influence (out of respect) but will be reading threads/posts...Thanks again for the reality check!!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hey if you don't want to post, but need to talk, you're welcome to pm me x
Old 10-03-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thank you all again for your comments, maybe I do need to let everything go and just go to rehab....not doing very well on my own....just woke up, did not go any classes and have to work at 11pm....wish I could pour this bottle out, know I wont....will not post here under the influence (out of respect) but will be reading threads/posts...Thanks again for the reality check!!
Yes, I think so. I do remember your dad was willing to help you out with the rehab.

You're in a real bad way MN.