Notices

Well that escalated quickly.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey arctic! I remember you from the feb. thread. Glad you came back! It took a lot of courage to come back here with your full storyike that, your disclosure is to be admired. I'm sure you are super welcome anywhere on here and I remember you being a pretty cool chick.

Forgive me if you've covered this, but have you thought about how you can do anything different this time? I have relapsed too, just shy of 7 months sober again. I had to mix things up a bit to get here. Best of luck to you!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

This should be a sticky! I remember that post distinctly.

Start over. If you were working any kind of recovery program, whatever you learned is still there. Like a bike race, if you fall, you get up, you get back on the bike and go. Yes, you will be shaky, but you've still gained all of that ground.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArcticSA View Post
I guess I'm not surprised. I've been like this my whole life. I don't listen until I learn for myself.

My parents said "Don't ever smoke a cigarette, you can get addicted so easily" I said "pish...I won't get addicted, I just want one" Smoked 12 years before I quit.
My friends said "Don't date that guy, he's a loser" I said "Oh I can change him...a year later finally broke out of a very damaging relationship, alone and pregnant.
And then even positive things.They said"Selling a house is stressful and expensive" I said "Oh selling doesn't cost, it's too exciting to be really stressful"
Having more children even, "Oh you have no idea how your life will change, nothing will be the same" they said. "Not us" I said, "Another baby will just be an added bonus" HAHAHA

My point is, all of you supportive experienced people could've warned me until you were blue in the face, and I still wouldn't have listened.

Me on my anniversary in June "OH, I just had one glass of wine and it wasn't even worth it, I won't be drinking anymore!"
All of you guys "You shouldn't have done that""Not worth it" "Be careful!" etc etc etc.

On June 3rd I had one glass of wine, fast forward a little over 3 months later,and slowly but surely increasing my drinking, last Friday I had somewhere around 12-16 beers and did stupid, foolish things that I regret. I have gained 8 pounds back, my skin broke out in acne, my digestive system is in uproar, my heartburn is back, my face is puffy again, and I am out of shape, again.

I am so deeply dissapointed this happened. All of my hard work, gone. All of my lovely, lovely milestones, gone.

The hangover I had on Saturday was the worst I have ever had and I think there was more to it than just a hangover, I think it was something in my core-being saying "Things are NOT OK in here"
I felt like my body was shutting down and that I was losing my mind. I read online forums about hangover anxiety and found the truest sentence ever "I just want to be out of this fake, scary world."

That is where I was that day. In a fake, scary world.

I don't know where to go from here, since I lost faith in myself. How am I suppose to talk myself out of myself??

This is my 4th day sober. What happens when I want to drink on Sat night and I feel good and I feel like ahhh no problem.

What do I do????
When is the lesson finally learned??
What finally tips the scales?

I know exactly where you are right now. I really do. I have woken up in the middle of the night feeling like i am in a horror alternative to life just wanting to end it all...confusion and bad memories my only comfort.
Trust me that you are not alone and you are not a bad person, you are addicted and you need help, in whatever way that might be.

I believe in you, get help, reach out, and do please remember you are definitely not alone.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Arrghh. Why is this stuff so powerful?? Here I am again. My dream, my lifes passion, my first horse is coming home on Saturday. May seem like a strange reason to want sobriety, but I do. This animal is going to depend on me. If I am drunk, she might suffer. This is everything I have dreamed of. If that's not a reason, I don't know what is. Here's to tomorrow. My first day of sobriety.