Notices

It's all bs

Old 09-07-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Ill tell ya why I admire and look up to you....

You ain't giving up.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

The fact that you are here and you are fighting means you have the strength in you to beat this thing. You can and you will! I have tried and failed many times but I won't give up the fight either!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Planned camping trip , today. Getting in the car and hitting the highway. Got some thinking to do. No better way than on the road.

Tr
Old 09-07-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Every day offers a new opportunity to us. I hope you take advantage of it. I will be pulling for you.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
Planned camping trip , today. Getting in the car and hitting the highway. Got some thinking to do. No better way than on the road.

Tr
Stay safe. I don't think any of us have expectations of you Riky, as others have said, we're all sharing the same underlying struggle. Whether at day 1 or whatever, we've all been disappointed with ourselves....that's why we care, because we know how sh@* that feeling is.

Hugs.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
True strength lies within

I totally get it... Day 1 again as we'll.. Can only seem to go one or two days without drinking .. I still get up every day to go to work ( feeling like crap) and all I can think of is getting g thru the day .. So I can have a drink. My behavior is horrible .. I honestly can't go on like this. I seriously need help.. Too. To try really hard today .. So in need of support .. The addiction always seems to win in the end .. What do I do ?
Old 09-07-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, triky. I love your posts and your honesty. You can and will beat this!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Maribell, we are all here as your support. I know how you're feeling when you say all you could do was wait to get home from work to have a drink. Even if I really had to use the bathroom, I would hold it when I walked through that door after work to get a shot before I did anything else. It finally took me deciding I could not do it anymore after some coworkers told me I smell like booze all the time to get me to give it my all to start down the road to recovery. Have strength and post here for any support you need!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hang in there TR, hope the road helps you clear your head. Get some good music on!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Originally Posted by Maribell View Post
. I seriously need help.. Too. To try really hard today .. So in need of support .. The addiction always seems to win in the end .. What do I do ?
Just what your doing , share it. Hey! Just for today OK

I'll be thinking of you
Old 09-07-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

People like me , they tell me they look up to me, don't. It's all bs. I've tried to , live up to your expectations , your desire for me to beat this and I have not. It's bigger than I ever thought, too big for me ? Day 1 for the umteenth time. I'll try to remember , those 19 days . Too get back there . I will damit. I will. I will not quit trying , know that.

Tr
and who are you to say who is lookin up to you and who isn't? wouldn't you rather have people look across at you?
why in the world would you try to live up to my expectaions beings how I don't have any expectations? of course I would like to see ya get sober, but I don't have any expectations.

whats all BS?

theres a problem I always had by takin a roadtrip and thinkin things through:
I took me with me and using my thinkin, which is what got me to where I was. my thinkin sucked and wasn't gonna help me for crap. I had to have the assistance of the thinkin of other
you can keep livin in the problem or start livin in the solution, lookin through past threads of yours, you have been given a LOT of great suggestions. its up to you to put in the footwork.
sittin in the garage all day aint gonna make ya a car.

its your choice and I hope ya make the choice to stop playin Russian roulette.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Riky

You go! Good for you!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi TR,
My thoughts are with you today. Man, how many of us have had a 1000 day ones? I do look up to you, as alpha stated so well, so deal! lol. Have a great camping trip and stay out of your head my friend. I'll do the same.

Your Pal,
Cas
Old 09-07-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hugs TR, thinking of you. Hang in there friend.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Ricky, Just wanted to tell you "have a wonderful day" go out and enjoy it! Don't be so hard on yourself, enjoy the camping trip! TF
Old 09-07-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Tr-We don't shoot our wounded. You're having longer stretches of not using and you keep trying. That is awesome!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-07-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Maribell

Keep posting. SR can help you, support you, be there for you 24 hours a day. Just take that one giant step. One day sober...then again...then again...

Post, post,post!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

People like me , they tell me they look up to me, don't. It's all bs. I've tried to , live up to your expectations , your desire for me to beat this and I have not. It's bigger than I ever thought, too big for me ? Day 1 for the umteenth time. I'll try to remember , those 19 days . Too get back there . I will damit. I will. I will not quit trying , know that.

Tr
Just keep at it triky; most, if not all of us have been where you are right now. This time try to do it for you, and not to live up to the expectations of others. We can never meet the expectations of everyone. It's impossible, and pure folly to try. Just attempt to live a life you deem as good and decent.

And try to learn something from each relapse. What could you have done differently? What can you change now that will help you avoid a repeat?
Old 09-07-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Yeah, don't ever ever give up on quitting your addiction. There is always a way forward. Quitting is the first and most important next right thing to do no matter whatever else is going down.

Quitting works even for those that have had failure after failure with quitting. Doesn't matter. Quitting still remains the best choice for getting it right with ourselves for those of us who have been or are addicted. Either way quitting works.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I got totally burned out with myself

I'll try to remember , those 19 days . Too get back there . I will damit. I will. I will not quit trying , know that.

Tr
Dear God
I Want to Take a Minute Not to Ask for Anything
But to Simply Thank You
For What I Have

I love that above (also my prayer often)

just keep trying yet once again
it wasn't until I got totally burned out with myself
that sobriety finally stuck

Mountainman