Notices

It's all bs

Old 09-07-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maribell View Post
To try really hard today .. So in need of support .. The addiction always seems to win in the end .. What do I do ?
for me, the harder i tried, the more i screwed up, it is when i loosened my clutch, put it down, surrendered and said, "I can't do this, Lord help me"

a question was asked of a TV repairman, "in your experience, what's the worse problem you have seen", he responded "when people try to do their own repairs and fix the set themselves..."

i'm just not gonna drink today, i really hope you don't either. thanks for your honesty and the post, it helped me.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Dear riky, You are to be admired for your honesty. For acknowledging the problem. For coming here. For seeking answers. For continuing on your journey.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
True strength lies within

Originally Posted by ZeldaFan View Post
Maribell, we are all here as your support. I know how you're feeling when you say all you could do was wait to get home from work to have a drink. Even if I really had to use the bathroom, I would hold it when I walked through that door after work to get a shot before I did anything else. It finally took me deciding I could not do it anymore after some coworkers told me I smell like booze all the time to get me to give it my all to start down the road to recovery. Have strength and post here for any support you need!
thanks the support means the world to me !
Old 09-07-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyhour View Post
for me, the harder i tried, the more i screwed up, it is when i loosened my clutch, put it down, surrendered and said, "I can't do this, Lord help me"

a question was asked of a TV repairman, "in your experience, what's the worse problem you have seen", he responded "when people try to do their own repairs and fix the set themselves..."

i'm just not gonna drink today, i really hope you don't either. thanks for your honesty and the post, it helped me.
I'm not gonna drink today .. One day at a time ..thanks for your support .. Ive been trying to fix myself for years .. And yes the harder I try .. It seems be worse I get.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trikyriky View Post
Just what your doing , share it. Hey! Just for today OK

I'll be thinking of you
Thanks .. Already feeling the love and support ,, gives me tremendous hope
Old 09-07-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Good for the Maribell!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Not giving up on you Triky. Not ever.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Thanks to all that responded. You all have left something with me . I am so grateful to have you all as friends.

I did go camping but had to come home tonight , after slipping at the pool and twisting my ankle . I was able to enjoy the day up until that.

Tr
Old 09-07-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Riky I remember reading a post of yours a while back where I picked up on the fact that we are the same age -- a little commonality. The one thing that has worked for me this time has been doing 24 hours at a time. In the beginning I stopped looked down the path of weeks, months and years, instead I got on with the next 24 hours only. In 24 hours I'll have six months. You can do it too Riky.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:09 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi trikyriky, no worries, just gotta pick up the pieces and get back on the sober train Figure out exactly what led to the relapse, like really start studying your triggers so you can avoid them or at least expect them and have a plan when they hit you.

I noticed you said you thought "just for today..." A lot of alcoholics find it helpful to recognize that that's the Addictive Voice lying to you. When you hear that, remind yourself no, it's not just for today. It's going to end up a 3-day bender and then I'm going to go through hell-on-earth withdrawals. Start following the entire episode all the way through. Start associating alcohol, the liquor section in the store, etc. with ALL the negatives that go along with drinking.

This has been helpful for me and the negatives always outweigh the benefits ten-fold when it comes to drinking.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Aw, I hope your ankle gets better soon Riky.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:19 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Truefan08 View Post
Keep coming back trikyriky, that's what it's all about. I too have had day 1 more times than I can count, but I'm not giving up.

I never know what made me give in??? I think I have impulse issues. It happens so fast. I think, a drink sounds good, boom....I'm at the liquor store...bottle in hand. I tell myself just for today, but then it's off to the races...drink a few days..stop...have withdraws, get deathly ill...shame, guilt, lies, disgust...REPEAT! I'm on day 22 and have been totally surrendering and praying daily to relinquish control. ONE DAY AT A TIME....I know that's all I can do!

Glad you are back, best of luck to ya!!!!
I just realized I was really replying to this quote. But I think the thinking things through really applies to anyone that is struggling with addiction

Forgive me for being confused, I am extremely tired and it's my bed time. Trikyriky I am sending thoughts and positive vibes your way. Hoping you are well today. <3
Old 09-08-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Riky, you can do this. Prayers your way

Kristy, I like the way you put that. I'm on day 6. I don't want to ever live through those first 50 hours again. I was sure I was going to die.