Notices

Two Years Today

Old 09-03-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Mecanix, you are truly an inspiration and have been such a light to me through some pretty dark times early on. I love that you're here and I love that you are sober for two years.

Thank you for everything and, of course, you're awesome. Will not say the "c" word but you know I am thinking it
Old 09-03-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Mecanix, I'm so happy for you!!
Thank you for being such an inspiration to me, probably much more than you know.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Incredibly inspiring experience. Thank you.

Reading your post, and this in particular:
"my Gran had died on the 1st of sept and i was only interested in how i could turn it into an excuse for a massive binge",
it suddenly hit me square between the eyes just how much I connected with alcohol instead of connecting with people.

I was reading today how some of us become 'hopeless alcoholics' by losing confidence in "things human" - connection, love, friendship, bonding, intimacy, support. I thought I understood what that meant, but your post made me realize that I really didn't.

I was on the path to giving alcohol and drugs everything human, everything good and worthwhile and important. Not the house, the job, the material things. But the real things - the ability to care, to love, to relate and connect meaningfully to people, to God, to the natural world even, and to myself. I was trading all that potential to connect only with alcohol/drugs. Until this moment I didn't realize what a grave sacrifice I was making.

Your journey is inspiring. Thanks again for sharing it here.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Late to the party here, but wanted to add my congratulations and good wishes.
Great job Mecanix! I'm so glad you're here-your posts have helped so many! It's always good to hear it can be done!!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:47 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Well done mecanix and thanks for posting , very inspiring.
Ando.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Good going Mecanix!

And thanks for getting down to the nuts and bolts and helping fix us all!
Old 09-03-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

You are an inspiration on here mecanix.

Thank you for sharing this and for your support to so many.

Jen xxx
Old 09-03-2013, 10:32 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Your post made me cry............truly truly inspiring, i'm stilly crying now as I type........at happiness and celebration for you, at frustration and weakness for me. I'm hanging on to the dream that one day, I will hold my head and fingers (as I type) so high, i'll be practically levitating in celebration of what you (and also I, on that day) have achieved. Thank you so much for your post.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:56 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congratulations from me too mecanix!!!!

You are indeed an inspiration; thank you for sharing with us.
Thank you for leading the way.

Love Venus xx
Old 09-03-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Mecanix

Thank you for a very inspiring post, in fact I just read it again, so the 3rd sept 2011 your decision made and never since had a drink no relapse or slip - I am just on day 24 and have been reading the newcomers board daily, so many slip up after a few days weeks or even months, this has me worried I DONT WANT TO SLIP. In fact even some (most) long term members say they had some relapse or other, I think you are the only one I have read so far that hasn't. So thank you again because i was beginning to think it was inevitable that one day it would happen to me and I would be back to day 1....
I have a new resolve now that it is in fact not inevitable and it can be done straight off without taking that backward step.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

I know you're not looking for congratulations M, but congratulations anyway!!!! Two years is immense and it gives me so much hope as a newcomer. Thank you.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

mecanix, you're really a great example of successfully quitting and getting on with real living! Well done! Thanks for being here!

Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by susasober1 View Post

I did not mean to offend or break your calm and I am definitely not proud. I am very aware that alcoholism is disgusting etc. and would not have quit if I didn't realize the damage...I was merely curious because I am shocked that I could drink that much for so long and honestly did not think at one time that 2 bottles was a lot! That's all. I know it was not the point...I apologize!! Sometimes in meetings it breaks the ice a little to admit just how much we really drank!
I shouldn't have jumped down your throat - sorry - I just didn't understand your reasoning. Anyway new day onwards lol
Old 09-04-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Keep on, keeping on!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Can we all come to your house to celebrate?

We could all bring a local food so we could try what each other eats when they celebrate good news.

What shall we along bring to Mecanix's party?
Old 09-04-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

im gonna make my gorgeous baked raspberry cheesecake,,,and bring a local ice cream ,,nom nom,,,,xxxxx hope its not melted by time we all get there xxxx
could rite do wiv a party!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh,,,and ill bring some herbal teas,,then we can all chill out,,and be tucked up in the land of nod by 9.30,,,,,,,heeeeheeee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cleo xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Cleopatra1; 09-04-2013 at 03:09 AM. Reason: info to add
Old 09-04-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thank you M. For all the support you give to others here and myself.

I have learned much from you.

Congrats on this milestone.

K
Old 09-04-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Our sober party starts friday as usual , riding the highway to our sober happy destiny, it's not a race , just all of us getting along trying to get through as best we can , some ain't so good at it yet but with persistance, tenacity , willingness to learn and try again i'm sure we will get more skillful .

Everyone is welcome , we are all trying to do the same thing ..

same time , same place on our corner of the web ringing out the liberty bell for freedom .

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-04-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Vicki ,
I dunno if i'll slip or not . Today i never want to drink again . None of us know about tomorow but i have hope . I think we need to concentrate on getting our own sobriety sorted first before we worry too much about what other people are doing .

I feel sorry for people who relapse because of the long term chemical effects of alcohol on our brains , i doubt if my depression would have lifted after 6 months of intermittant sobriety rather than 6 full clean ones . Thats why i think time as such is important .

Otherwise i think we are all at different places in our journies , some at 6 months seem cool , some with years seem tight. It isn't for me to worry about , i just mind my own shop and offer what E S & H i might have, people may find it useful or not and i'm fine with that , either way . I have no worries , i'm happy and content .

Thanks , m
Old 09-04-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks for this - I saw it yesterday and it was just what I needed.