Notices

Calling all weekenders! 23 - 25

Old 08-23-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
Count me in too, please. Today is day 5. Want to be able to say I'm on day 8 on Monday....
Me too kadidee
Old 08-23-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

I'm going into this weekend guns blazing, with 22 days off alcohol/amphetamines, 4 days of Suboxone (opiates) behind me, and 1 and a half days of Xanax (benzos) behind me. I had insane cravings yesterday and its nothing short of a miracle I didn't use, because I had found some meth in the carpet (again), on my hands and knees searching it out in the middle of a craving that lasted around 6 hours. Yesterday I just wanted to get high/drunk/buzzed, anything but did not could/not.

Today I woke up for the first time with utter fear and incomprehensible demoralization. What happened late last night between me and another SR member our convo about love while very nice last night, turned to hell fire overnight and I woke up with a sad breakup song in my head thats been looping and looping. I slept horribly last night and somehow played 9 holes of golf with the help of some herbal relaxation remedies but the restless legs, yawning, runny nose, insomnia, and the depression, god the depression. Life has never looked so grey.

Right now all I can do is lay in bed and take cat naps, its a good thing i didnt do this all day though, thats terrible. As hard as it was, walking 9 holes on the course (even though i played like rubbish) was so good and then eating a hamburger and vanilla shake. Now its easier to lie and bed and withdrawal, heal, whatever. I feel like a dried out sponge, and today is the first day in years that I haven't taken a narcotic in the morning to start my day. All I have now is my good ol' wellbutrin which I have 5 refills on so I figure i might as well use it as an aid in my first 6 months.

Im in AA and have a good sponsor, parents, and a almighty God backing me up on this but it has sucked. I use to love waking up because that meant taking my morning dose of whatever.... That creates a fear, depression, and distate in ones mouth only an addict could appreciate. I hope I make it through this to the other side without a rellapse, that is the only thing that could really set me back. Even if I lay in bed all day, im winning, and that makes me feel a little better.

Last edited by YoungAndClean; 08-23-2013 at 03:11 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-23-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Looking forward to my 57th weekend without a drink! WOOOOHOOOO!

So glad to be able to share it with you fine folks!

All I can think of is.....

RING, RING!

Old 08-23-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

21 days today – this is my third week-end.

I agree with trikyriky, there are a lot of emotions to go through.

I am dreaming so much every night, the brain is just going through a lot of stuff.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I am 15 days sober. Weekends are rough ... I would love to be a part of this group. Tomorrow I will be around a lot of friends and family and a lot of alcohol.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

29 days sober! However, unlike last weekend when I was actively fishing, I will be doing absolutely nothing--pretty much bedridden with a sprained neck and shoulder and in a lot of pain. I have not eaten solid food in 3 days but not resorting to alcohol!!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm in....and very happy to be here. Long story short is significant issues with my ex came up today. I was enraged, cried, vented, cried some more...and then I was looking at a friend's picture on facebook of her and her newborn son. And it dawned on me that all that really matters is that today I have a great relationship with my son, he lives the majority of time with me, and he is a good kid;no behavioral or other issues. And for the almost 9 months that I've been sober the relationship between he and I just gets better. I was really really triggered to drink tonight. I picked up take-out across from a bar I always went to. The music was playing and people were laughing on the deck. I think I put a dent in my steering wheel as I gripped it and drove home. But I am home and I am sober. And I'm glad to be here and glad that all of you are as well!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I'm in!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Morning everyone ,

*ring ring*

Time Team on the telly , coffee in my belly , everything is fine and dandy here on this saturday morning ...

Weekend mornings are just SOOO nice sober once you get that grotty ethanol and it's effects outta your system .
*ring ring* *RING RING* *ring ring* The freedom bell rings for you , woo hooo

m
Old 08-24-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Signing up...
Old 08-24-2013, 03:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm in.

Last weekend I had a bit of a "slip" which I didn't want to count against myself but... yeah. I've admitted to myself now that I've only really been sober since last Sunday, August 18th. Haven't smoked since then, either, so I'm going on 6 days. Here's to making this a drink-free and smoke-free weekend.

Have a good time everyone.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

The only ringing in my head is coming from actual ringing in my head. Thanks xanax.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:36 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey everyone! I see a lot of determination in this weekends post. I know I have a lot to be thankful for today.

On my way to the cabin. Roads are empty this morning. That's awesome! And on Long Island to not have traffic is a big deal! Soon I will be in the woods and don't have to worry about that.

It's nice to go away for a weekend and not have any alcohol or bars around.

Enjoy your day! I will check in later.

Ken
Old 08-24-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Made it through Friday night without a drink. Yay! That was an accomplishment because it was mum's birthday. We took her out for a family dinner that was free from alcohol. So nice to share time with family.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Ken...beautiful Saturday here.....I am dealing with not feeling well physically....going to take it slow this week end...Hope you have a great time at the cabin...

Jim
Old 08-24-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post

It's nice to go away for a weekend and not have any alcohol or bars around.

Ken
I hear you, Ken. I am really anxious, cranky and frustrated about going to this baby shower today. Why does alcohol have to be served at EVERYTHING? You'd think if anything, a baby shower, would be dry?

I am really going to have be strong and have a plan for today. So many triggers .... beautiful summer day, women around that I used to drink with, wine punch (yum), no hubby, not driving ....... Oh boy.

I will have my phone by my side so I can come here if it gets too hard. I need a weekend in the woods, away from alcohol, too Ken!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. Stay strong and let's see how many AV's we can kick to the curb today?
Old 08-24-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Feel better Jim! Take it slow like ya said.

Ladybug.... You can do this. All those descriptions are AV talking. Go for the reason you are.... The baby and the mother.

Check in to update us.

At the cabin. Beautiful log home. Now.... Time to take a walk by the water and relax!

K
Old 08-24-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

So great to see so many newcomers and regulars here. Strength in numbers! Whatever happens, however you're feeling, post about it here and we'll all handle it together.

YoungandClean - I also suffer from depression. I'm on day 48 (again) and have been really depressed off and on, but I always come out of it so I just wanted you to know that it does get better, even if it takes days and days. And you're right: even if all we do all day is not drink or drug, we're winners!

Eleni, so sorry that you're in so much pain. Get well soon! Not being able to eat solid food sucks, Do you have a blender or juicer that you can put different fruits, veg etc in so you're still getting some nutrients?

Ladybug, yeah you'd think a baby shower would be dry, right? What with the guest of honour being, you know, someone who's pregnant and can't exactly drink loads of alcohol. Stick close to whoever it is who's pregnant so you can offer one another sober moral support!

I'm doing ok so far. Saturday afternoon here. First day of a brown rice detox to lose weight and detox from all the crap food I've been binging on since I stopped drinking. It's important for me not to binge on food because a) I'm already overweight and really need to lose this weight b) food binges in recovery have eventually led me right back to binging on alcohol in the past. Not this time, pal!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hello all Weekenders!

I hope everyone is doing fine this weekend, so far!
I went to the art store last night (kid in a candy store), good thing I had a list, otherwise.......
I am going to paint and paint and in between do something with all the crazy tomatoes that keep coming in.
Stay strong!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

I am so happy not to be pouring poison down my throat.