Notices

Calling all weekenders! 23 - 25

Old 08-24-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Stay strong and let's see how many AV's we can kick to the curb today?
Yeah, what she said!

Day 6 here. Not going to mess it up this weekend like I did last Sunday.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Count me in! Already took my dogs for a 2 mile run and now getting ready for my volunteer shift (walking homeless dogs!). I'll be back on later & might check out the chat room for the first time. Just wanted to drop by & wish everyone a happy sober weekend! We can do this!!!!
Old 08-24-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

It's been 7 months but I still am amazed at how much better my weekends are now that I'm not chasing a buzz, sloppy drunk, or chained to a couch with a massive hangover. In fact, the weekends continue to become more enjoyable.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 08-24-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

9 months today!! Might order myself some Chinese food for dinner as I'm hanging out at my parent's house; my son having a group of friends over and with my place being so small, 6 teenage boys take up a lot of space. I was earlier planning on seeing my b/f but haven't heard from him all day and assuming the golf tournament today included a few too many gin and tonics; I'm not feeling like I want to be around all of that type of activity/behavior anyway. Sounds like many people are having a wonderful, sober weekend....keep up the great work everyone!!
Old 08-24-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My house will be empty this weekend and I just got paid. It's going to be tough not to walk across the street and "just buy a couple", telling myself it's no big deal and believing that "no one will know" even though they probably will. Argh.

Sobriety is hard stuff.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hiya Weekenders,
So work function went fine. Ate too darn much and fell in to a long nap when I got home. What is it about free food that turns me in to a starving beast? lol Anyway, I think I'm finally going to sit down and watch the movie Flight tonight. I've heard some really good things about it from the SR peeps. For some reason I've been putting it off. You know, the poor neglected Netflix envelope that hangs around for weeks. Maybe I'm a little afraid to spend all night looking in the mirror. Anyway, it's time to watch it.

Zaz, I can relate soooooo well. I was a stay at home, alone drinker. What's your plan for this evening? How about a nice dinner, then your favorite, sober evening alone activity? Sending you ultra power vibes for ignoring that place across the street. It's gonna be there everyday, but you don't have to drink.

Peace,
Cas
Old 08-24-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi Zazzzz - The most important person - YOU - will know, especially when you wake up in the morning.
I do understand the temptation - had a rough day myself, but when you resist and come out the other end, it's magical
Be strong x x
Old 08-24-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I did not drink today
Old 08-24-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

early sunday morning here in the UK 6:20 AM

Quiet ouside , am nice and snuggly , might go to sleep again soon . To think in the old days my first thought would have been to wonder how much wine i had left and could i get to passout drunk on it .. or would i have to try to control myself and stay sober till 10 am to go and get some more from the supermarket .
My second thought would have been i wonder what bad things i might have done whilst drunk .

Sundays mornings are nice and calm now , m
Old 08-25-2013, 12:45 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Have a lovely snooze mecanix
Old 08-25-2013, 02:50 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

soberclover - congrats on 9 months sober!
Old 08-25-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning everyone!

Congrats soberclover!

On my way home early. Had a great time at the cabin. Relaxing.

Clear sunny Sunday a head.

Sundays are still tough if the conditions are right. And to day is like that. I will check in frequently.

Hope all are well.

K
Old 08-25-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I'm having a rollercoaster weekend myself...i'm up or i'm down.
heading to brother's house for a family bar-bque.
that's not a trigger, no one is drinking much there, he has lots of nonalcohol drink options
i probably need a swift kick and to be grateful for what i have.
back later, it is good weather for a dog-walk.....
i love all my pets, but it getting to be obvious that i need to take my oldest cat (19 years, 4months) to the vet for his final nap...it is not the puppypads i have put down, he now wont use his litterbox, it is his quality of life....and i am being guilted by my daughter that i am not "doing enough"...vet says there is not much i can do for a cat that is over age 92 in cat years.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders! Sounds like everyone is doing well and got through the weekend.

I ended up driving up to Philly yesterday morning and I am glad I came up. It is about 10 degrees cooler up here than down in DC or MD and I am ready for Fall. Went and saw Elysium last night. I wish it were better than it was---it had a ton of potential---but that's just my opinion. So strange I go to movies every weekend now. Used to be that I would get anxious and feel like I was "wasting my time" when I could have been drinking. Or sneaking my wine in via a big plastic cup. Nothing but class, I tell you!

Congrats to you SoberClover, nine months is awesome!

Mecanix, you described my former Sunday morning life perfectly. I remember searching around for the dregs of whatever wine was left from the night before (plus anything else that might have been left/remained at the house) and trying to slam it down before the hangover took hold so I could go back to sleep. To think how many weekends I wasted that way makes my stomach hurt...years and years of them.

Fandy, I feel for you on your feline senior citizen. I have one up here in PA who lives with my friend because she's an indoor/outdoor cat and she loves living on these glorious 4 acres. But she is now 17 and has starting peeing not only on floors, but counters and other random spots. Vet says progressive renal failure so I know it's a matter of weeks before her dance card is up too because she's getting so skinny. She's an awesome cat though...I adopted her from a Marine Corps barracks many years ago and thought she was a boy for a few weeks. Hence, the very unfeminine name of Lejeune.

Ken, the lake sounded lovely! Whatcha cooking/eating today?

OK, off to grab a third cup of coffee and take a walk and some photos of my friend's blooming end-of-summer gardens.

Happy Sunday to some and happy end of weekend to others!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hey PT.... The lake was great! Being home is great to!

Heading to the market to get everything for a potato leek soup. Not really soup weather but I love the flavor.

Starting a new diet tomorrow. I need to lose a few and determined to be svelt again. Lol

K
Old 08-25-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi all, made it through the baby shower yesterday so on to Day 24 Had a tough time at the shower because the hostess made sangria and there was a huge bowl of it just sitting out all day, grrr. Instead of drinking I ate way too much food and cookies/cake. Ah well. Was so mentally exhausted last night when we got home. Just going to relax today and not feel guilty about it

Hope everyone is doing well today!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi everyone -

Turned out to be a beautiful day here in London after a bit of rain. Now on my way home after a bit of shopping.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Saved By Grace

Well guys today is Day 4 off Xanax and 6-7 off suboxone which for me is wonderful because I feel I can now begin learning to live life on lifes terms.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Give a check in!

Sunday evening and wanna hear how each of you are.

UK has a holiday so lets keep this thread open.

I had a tough day. Going through a lot and AV was present. I wish it was 6 months from now... Bam... Fast forward.

K
Old 08-25-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi Weasel,

Sunday night here and happy to have made it through another weekend. Next weekend I should hit 1 month! Sure hope this thread is around Thanks for sell the support!