Notices

Brand New...Not sure what I am doing

Old 08-17-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brand New...Not sure what I am doing

Please help with a little advice about this page...it's my 40th Birthday tonight and im home here on this site looking for answers, support....just sanity...It said I should post here first. Thank You
Old 08-17-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, Minnesota! You've come to a good place.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Minnesota

SR is a place for support to help people through their own substance abuse problems or their loved ones substance abuse problems.

how can we help you?

D
Old 08-17-2013, 11:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Basically I have done so much damage in my life drinking that I don't even know where to start to make it right....then the guilt sets in and a bottle is right around the corner...I spent my last on a bottle last night and I know I wouldn't be here on my Birthday night if I had money...I want to be sober and stop the madness....payday is Monday tho...right around the corner and thank you for the Bday wishes!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've read your profile - happy birthday

there's not really room for more than a sentence in your profile...maybe hit us with the details here, if you like?

D
Old 08-17-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Did I do that right?

Anyone able to see my post?
Old 08-17-2013, 11:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and Happy birthday

SR is a grea place and full of support.It was,and still is,the key in me getting sober -8 months ago after many failed attempts.

I've learnt that quitting drinking is the first step on the journey. I stopped then realized I had a whole load of personal issues to deal with,which I'm now working through.Your guilt will ease in time and you can start to make amends once you've stopped drinking

Hope you stick around
Old 08-17-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well I drink at least a bottle every couple days...Vodka, exp since summer break...when I do get drunk I feel the guilt all disappear and that warmth but then everytime I do something to hurt someone...usually someone I love...my daughter didn't even call me today, I have failed as a mom, daughter...went from HR Director to disability and now do p/t night audit and going back to school which is enough to pay the bills and still grab a bottle...just don't know how to make it all right, I mean I turned 40 today???
Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah - we just posted at the same time...

you'll get the hang of things, I promise

Basically I have done so much damage in my life drinking that I don't even know where to start to make it right....then the guilt sets in and a bottle is right around the corner...I spent my last on a bottle last night and I know I wouldn't be here on my Birthday night if I had money...I want to be sober and stop the madness....payday is Monday tho...right around the corner and thank you for the Bday wishes!
most of us come here to SR feeling like you do - we understand and you're not alone here

I came here one day in April 2007 - the people here at SR helped me turn my life around, stop drinking....I stayed sober one day at a time, and here I am 6 years later

you can do it too

D
Old 08-17-2013, 11:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome and happy birthday, you couldn't have given yourself a better present!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So when responding do I click reply? quick reply? or and if I am responding to a certain post do I click quote? I tried to go to chat but nobody is there???
Old 08-17-2013, 11:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Minnesota, I turned 40 last year and wish I had been on this site then instead of dwelling in my wine. This is the best place ever to be for your 40th birthday. Just start with today. You are going to find that you have so much in common with people on SR.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've never used chat--I'm still pretty new. The quote button is if you want to pick out a piece of language from someone who responded--it'll let you put just that text in with your reply.

Sometimes the forum has a lot of people on it--it's quiet now. One thing that really helped me when I got here (and still does) is to read lots of posts in the newcomers section.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello

Sorry...didn't see the posts...ok, going to try this quote deal about newcomers area....

Last edited by Minnesota81713; 08-17-2013 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Learning
Old 08-17-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minnesota81713 View Post
...just don't know how to make it all right, I mean I turned 40 today???
You will be able to make it all right and then some...by choosing sobriety Minnesota. This is a wonderful place of support and wisdom and guidance. You will find a "community" here of people who just want to help each other make their way through this life sober.

To answer your question..yes, you hit reply to respond to people and you hit "quote" when you want to quote something someone said...as I have done with yours up above.

I think you're 40th birthday is a fantastic time to start your sober adventure. You can make the next half of life..the BEST half : )
Old 08-17-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing fine Minnesota - either reply or quick reply will get you there
it's not instantaneous like chat tho, so try not to worry if a few minutes go by

I started my recovery journey a few months out from my 40th...it's as good a time as any to start, I think

D
Old 08-17-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Smile

One thing that really helped me when I got here (and still does) is to read lots of posts in the newcomers section.[/QUOTE]

Where do I find this at and Thank You....
Old 08-17-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My quote didn't work I guess...grrrr... I am also very irritated and withdrawing so hard to concentrate....stomach is on fire!!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It's quiet here as middle of the night in the US. It's 7.30 am in the UK so you get some of us Brits around at this time-nothing like waking up early on a Sunday morning without a hangover
Old 08-17-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

No, it's okay--I was just trying to figure out a good way to explain it. This is not like chat--what you type doesn't pop up for a bunch of people to see--you have to click on the thread.

You posted (this post) in the Newcomers to Recovery section of the forum. You will see lots of posts by others there. Play around with the interface a bit--you'll see what I mean.