Notices

Brand New...Not sure what I am doing

Old 08-17-2013, 11:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is the newcomers forum you're in right now, Minnesota

I agree that reading around will help you get a feel of the place, as well as letting you know of some of the things other people have done to stay sober

D
Old 08-17-2013, 11:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Past posts

I can only see what was posted tonight (my post) and responses....how am I able to view past posts? Thanks for your help not the most "computer smart"
Old 08-17-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
This is the newcomers forum you're in right now, Minnesota

I agree that reading around will help you get a feel of the place, as well as letting you know of some of the things other people have done to stay sober

D
How do I do that?
Old 08-17-2013, 11:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What do you see when you hit the 'back' button?

If that doesn't work, start from the beginning. Go to soberrecovery.com. Click on Forums. Click on Newcomers to Recovery.

What do you see now?
Old 08-17-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It worked by clicking on newcomers to recovery....lots I want to read! Any other advice about the site and actually getting to "know" a few ppl....thanks so much!!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Great! Glad you found it. I'm really early in this journey myself, so my only advice is to spend a lot of time on the forum reading and posting. I learn so much every day from people here.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kadidee View Post
What do you see when you hit the 'back' button?

If that doesn't work, start from the beginning. Go to soberrecovery.com. Click on Forums. Click on Newcomers to Recovery.

What do you see now?
I am going to go read some older posts so not ignoring you if I don't see if you respond...they should have PM's or friend lists or something to find someone helpful like you smile! Thanks Again!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 11:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome Minnesota and happy birthday. You will find lots of great folks here to help and advise.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:58 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Saw your response...thanks! hope to run into you again and good luck on your recovery!!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 12:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning. I've been reading posts and it gives me hope. I've probably been an alcoholic for 10 years. I've or I should say we have blown through so much money drinking. My husband is an alcoholic too. I feel guilty too. I want to quit and feel good. I haven't felt good in a long time. I feel bad and drink to feel better but IT is the cause of all my grief. A vicious cycle. All of our friends drink. I wish I could move away but I'm 55 and have a great job that I cant leave. Yesterday we met some friends at the bar who are going back to Florida after a visit. I tried to pace myself because my husband and I agreed we couldn't spend so much. I had 2 and water and he kept going. We live in the city and were walking home and he kept wanting to stop at other bars. Came home mad. Hes tried to stop before too. I guess we enable each other. But I need TO STOP.