Notices

Stay sober weekend thread - June 21 - 23!

Old 06-22-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Mrs. Non's ramp. Got farther than I thought I would today. I'll put rails on it tomorrow. I am beat - that sun was hot today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ramp.JPG (87.7 KB, 51 views)
Old 06-22-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I dropped my son off at his engineering camp awhile ago. It was at a local college so I was having flashes of what will shortly be coming when I drop him off for much longer! For the past few days he's been with his Dad so I'm missing him already. I've already been in a mood all day so probably staying home and going to bed early would be beneficial.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Non! Great ramp! What a great job

Feeling....uh...discontented. ..so I'm checking in here!!! The day has been great...it's about 5pm here, sunny & beautiful summer day. Have spent most of the day outside. An AA friend came over & helped me prepare 2 spots in my yard where I'm going to plant 2 avocado trees at this week and we chatted forever. I love how it's so easy to talk to another alcoholic. But he left and then my husband left to the mall & a movie by himself and I'm just wondering around debating on what to do next to fill my time until tonight's meeting.

Running out to the store to pick up a bottle of vodka crossed my mind...then I thought about how I said I was going to try something different this time. So I called a couple AA people. One person answered and I tslked with her for a few minutes then I thought I'd come here & check in. I really don't want to drink. I don't want the hell that comes from it each and every time.

I guess I'll go fold some clothes or make dinner maybe
Old 06-22-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Great job with all the reaching out jstar! It's just habit to think of going to get alcohol. You really want to stay sober so all that's important is that you don't act on it. Keep busy and you'll feel good for being so productive instead of absent plus hangover, anxiety, and guilt.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

wow Nonsensical, that Ramp looks way sensible to me! Great job.. 2/3 of the weekend done soberly. Went to a meeting, finally got a chip. It was a really great meeting with a mix of people.. One guy had 36 years sobriety, and the other 35!! A few real old timers there. SWEET!!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

My kids are making me nuts! 45 more min till AA meeting thank God!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hope you all are making it through the weekend alright just got home from AA & will be going to bed soon....hitting the pillow sober 2 nights in a row. ..fabulous
Old 06-22-2013, 11:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Great ramp Non !!!

Morning everyone - bright and breezy Sunday morning here - and lots of things to do today.

Have a good one everyone !
Old 06-22-2013, 11:58 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Congratulations for getting through jstar ,
That's a real achievement , you will feel good about it tomorow morning i hope , it is tomorow morning here in the UK and it's nice to greet it sober

Hey soberclover same goes for you , come up here on sober beach well away from those nasty old rip tides i keep a few old 1930's comedy films around to cheer me up , some air guitaring to judas priest or coming here to SR to try and offer some encouragement which takes me out of my own life and problems for a while . just need to find what works for you ...

Happy sober sunnyday everyone ,
Sunny and cloudy here . might try and do some work on my old car , suspension strut mounts need changing, 4000lb in weight it's a bit of a monster to do jobs on like that . It should be whisper quite , i don't like it when it isn't .

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-23-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sober Weekenders!

I LOVE when that first bite of black coffee hits my tongue in the morning. I made it strong today, too.

I didn't sleep very well at all, so there is likely a nap coming sometime on Sunday. I am a light sleeper, with frequent insomnia. The Doc has a compression dressing on Mrs Non, trying to reduce the swelling, and it's very uncomfortable - so Mrs. Non is fidgety and thrashing most of the night, and it was waking me up, too. C'est la vie.

I have a long list of things to do today, but none of it is too rigorous. Grocery shopping, put rails on the ramp, pay the bills, make breakfast, lunch and dinner, etc. There will be nap time built in.

My daughter, 19, broke up with her first real boyfriend yesterday, so she is all droopy. I saw she replaced her facebook profile pic with one of her and I at a football game last fall. That made me feel good - that Daddy is still comforting. So glad I arrested my drinking before it wrecked everything.

Glad to see so many having success this weekend. Let's keep it going! All our AV's can go to Hell! We are DOING THIS!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good morning!

Jstar! Great job in knowing how to take care of yourself. Even with the kids driving you nuts.

M.... Yeah strut mounts are a B huh?

Non has so many understated talents. Mrs non is in my prayers.

My birthday dinner last night was super tasty! From the crab bisque to the marinated skirt steak done to perfect with the crips sides and pink medium middle. Had the most amazing sushi app... Crunchy crustations lobster and shrimp with avacodo and a killer sauce.

This morning up early. Having a pike roast and driving to the village (NYC) for breakfast at this outdoor place I like. Then walk by the river for a while. And then stop at a flower stand to get some for the dinning room table.

After that..... Lazy and laying around.

The clarity of being sober is my greatest gift this birthday. I lived every moment this weekend. The best weekend I have had in a very long time.

Thanks for sharing it with me!

Ken
Old 06-23-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Morning sober weekendies...(not to be confused with weak undies, lol)
I am craving french toast with caramel apples and bacon...i have no bacon, but will make do with turkey sausage patties, sigh.
Drinking coffee watching tv in bed still....trying to enjoy Sunday...too much stress between work junk and the pending sale of my mother's house..home inspection was pretty good on a 65 year old house, radon test was negative, appraisal was yesterday and we have a backup buyer with more $$$....i ain't giving nothing back...the current buyer under contract is living in a trailer...( i googled the address on the deposit check)...mama's 4 bedrooms, 3/4 acre landscaped yard, 2 bathrooms is a palace in comparison.
Good weather this weekend.
Nons, the ramp looks good...how long will the cast(s) be on?

I will cope with all my stress in a healthy way....grocery shopping and exercise.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I love driving in NYC where street signs and painted lines are only suggestions. Wanna make a right from the left lane? No problem!

Breakfast was great! Best sausage and bacon non.

Walk along the water wonderful. The new spire on the freedom tower in place in looking good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (93.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 06-23-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Went for a walk this morning. The day is gorgeous but I'm having one of those days where I start doing one thing but I'm not really into it so I try to do another thing but I'm not really into that either. By the time I figure out what I wanna do, the day will be over. I hate when I feel like I'm wasting time. Especially when all weeklong I look forward to the weekend. Atleast I'm wasting time sober right?
Old 06-23-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that one less... But I do know the feeling well.

Anytime not drinking is never wasted time. Maybe relaxing and doing nothing will be just what you really need. Allow yourself some guilt free moments to just be and sit still.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Weasel. ..that sounds so nice to take a walk in the village I've traveled to NCY a few times & what a great place to enjoy a walk I could use a gelato...

Went to an AA meeting at 8....went to the hand car wash and spent almost 2 hours washing me car/vacuuming it etc (perfectionist tendencies on the rise!)...came home & had breakfast on my deck...msn it's a gorgeous day! I think I may hit up the 1pm meeting as well to just give myself that little extra boost before heading to LA for a play this afternoon. I'll be with a ton of family and they just seem to make me a little nutty!

Glad to hear everyone is taking walks and enjoying the day sober

This thread has really helped me this weekend more that you all will ever know thanks!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Finished the ramp railing. Had some help from my son, so it went pretty quick. Left me time to patch the fence where a limb fell on it last week. Had to crawl into a holly bush to get to the fence. Holly is a pernicious weed and should be eradicated. I am scratched up like a cat attacked me.

Think I'll go for a swim. I don't think that will leave me any time for my nap, but that's OK. I put short ribs in the slow cooker before noon, so when I get a belly full of those it'll be a short evening and then bed time.

Congrats to all you sober weekenders. We're doing it!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Uneventful day lazing about. My dog is keeping me busy as the thunderstorms pass by and he freaks out. Not feeling bad about not accomplishing much as I'm staying sober and sometimes...that is enough.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm staying sober and sometimes...that is enough.
I think it's not just enough, i think that it's glorious A key to a door that opens up a whole different life ..

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-23-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Yard work today!!! uhhh.

Yesterday it was hanging out with the friends....who were drinking, but didnt phase me.
I know its a little bit off, and a risk, but I even mixed them some Old Fashions.
like the ritual of the "Build" but let them enjoy it.

all in all a great sober weekend