Notices

Stay sober weekend thread - June 21 - 23!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Happy Birthday Weasel!! So happy you started this thread.. I'm very confident about today and tomorrow.. but Sunday.. Sunday will be the challenge.. dinner party.. although no one there will be a big drinker. But I'm sure there will be lot's of aw.. come on, why aren't you drinking? because I don't think these folks have any idea about my drinking..

So, again, I will be checking into this thread a lot this weekend.

LETS ROLL!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Happy Birthday Ken!!! You will have a great Sober birthday weekend! I had my first sober birthday last year, and it was quite fun. Hope you have a lovely breakfast!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!!

I'm trying again, planning different methods to help me towards sobriety and a healthy recovery, not a "resentful" sobriety, because I realize I can no longer drink alcohol.
I'm cat sitting for a friend this week end.
Last time i did this, I raided her drinks cabinet and was so drunk I was seeing double. Had to take a taxi home.
Weather permitting, I'll ride my bike there this weekend, and will bring my water bottle with me (containing water)!
Old 06-21-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Happy Birthday Ken ,

Hey sunshinescooby at the begining when i wasn't sure i could stick with it i told people i was on anti-biotics , quite often us drinkers notice it more when people don't drink than "norms" do . good luck

Not much for me to do this weekend other than the usual chores and keep cool in the hot weather , i think it's my 90 something sober weekend .

I can't really remember anything good about a drunken weekend, i just remember the sweats and feeling awful on a monday .
All those times i thought i was having a good time, i can't remember a moment of it being good, looking back now ... just stress , worry and sickness ..

Got the week off next week so i can concentrate on my other occupations .

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-21-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Well, this ramp project is starting to look like it could take all weekend. It is recommended that the ramp be no shorter than 1 foot for every 2 inches in rise, meaning I need a ramp 24 feet long. Meaning I need to put a bend in it or it will bisect my driveway. Yikes!
Good luck with that Nons. Really! Hope you have a super weekend.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Happy Birthday Ken ,

Hey sunshinescooby at the begining when i wasn't sure i could stick with it i told people i was on anti-biotics , quite often us drinkers notice it more when people don't drink than "norms" do . good luck

Bestwishes, M
thank you very much mecanix! Yes, I think I'm going to say I have a headache or something. That way I won't have to answer a bunch of questions. Since non of them are alcoholics they won't think anything of it!!

Thanks and congratulations on your sobriety!!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Happy birthday Ken from Down Under.

Aren't sober weekends awesome? I'm up to about #14 or #15 and they are sooo much better than the alternative. I'm having a quiet one indoors as it's winter here and we are in for a cold rainy weekend. Some DVDs, some cooking and baking, reading the wodge of Saturday newspapers, some time online, a nap, playing with the dog ... good times.
Happy Birthday Weasel & thanks for starting the thread.

Sober weekend for me in the UK - its summer here and we are in for a cold and rainy weekend...

Good Times :-)

(couldn't resist Marchers since we will be lucky if it gets to 15 degrees and stays dry for an hour!)
Old 06-21-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

47 and doin fine

:day2 Happy sober weekend
Old 06-21-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Really struggling. Went out on my bike, and went to a garden store to look for a hard to find item. It is a stone's throw from the liquor store. I saw people coming out with their purchases, and I just felt so sad, so... I don't know. It's that time of the evening now when my cravings always begin.
I'm hungry, I know I have to eat, but I don't feel like making myself anything, and besides, this last week, I haven't gone to the grocery store, so I've nothing to eat in the house anyway.
I'm posting because I want to be accountable, I want to be a person to be admired, to be strong physically and emotionally, not a crumbling, blubbering heap of self pity, regret.
Thanks, I just wanted to post to help me not to drink this evening.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Leshr.... Thanks for coming here. We all know the feeling and telling someone for me was not easy. It meant I really did not want to drink. Otherwise I would have told no one and just gone and done it!

Let the feeling just pass. They will.

As for me? Just settling into the cool evening. Light breeze from these big windows. Victorian size.. Lol

Ice cream on the agenda. And maybe early to bed. I take a few melatonin and they help me sleep like a baby.

Be well everyone. I will be on my iPad for a few hours with you all.

Ken
Old 06-21-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Ken, it's god to hear you sounding so happy
Old 06-21-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Google " urge surfing " Leshar. It's been very helpful. You can do this!
Old 06-21-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone.

I went to Boston Pizza for something to eat, even though I hate going alone to restaurants, but I was so hungry, and craving comfort food. I ordered pasta, and had a cranberry juice spritzer with lime, it was very refreshing.

I read my book "Drinking, a love story" by Caroline Knapp, and just tried to enjoy the experience, although I always feel very self-conscious eating out alone in the evening.
The pasta was very good, but I ate too much!
Danger has passed for the evening, I'm glad to say.
Good night, everyone.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend everyone - it's brilliant day here..Have a good sober one gang

D
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

:day Weasel you are FANTASTIC, enjoy your birthday and the weekend sober.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Never got started on the ramp. Mrs Non was having increased discomfort today, so we spent some time at the hospital getting her sorted out.

Home with the family for the evening. I think we're going to watch a movie.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I usually go out to dinner with my BF on Friday night. He was, however, in a not so great mood and wanted to cook a frozen pizza. That was while he was also explaining how he would be busy Saturday as well as golfing Sunday. I bailed. I never bail. I usually stick around. I bid him a good night, drove to pick up my parents and we went out to eat and grabbed an ice cream. Feeling good....and lonely at the same time.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi all! Today is day 1 hopefully the last day 1 I ever have to have. Yesterday was terrible and I felt like junk all day today

Planning on going to our local AA speaker meeting tonight then to coffee for the "meeting after the meeting" with my AA friends. Tomorrow I am going on a group run at 7am with my new fitness training class I started going to this week. Then I'm going to get my yard ready to plant 2 avocado trees...I am really excited about this! Then Sunday to a play that my sister is in. I guess it looks like a full weekend. ..no time for drinking it appears!!!

Yea for a sober weekend! Count me in too!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Dear Weasey! Happy Birthday to YOU!!!

I hope you have a very happy birthday and a wonderful year!

big hugs from Fandy, little Ozzwald and the Samster

bacon.jpg
Old 06-21-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

This is precisely why I enjoy my work week that schedules me to work the weekend -and my real weekend is Monday and Tuesday. Ever since I quit drinking I worked the weekend which really made things a bit easier. I didn't have to feel left out -all I had to say was "Nope, can't go...have to work!" Love an honest excuse! Gods know I did enough lying for a lifetime.

Wishing everyone a peaceful quiet weekend. I am also wishing all of you that need the strength to get thru alittle extra willpower to make it on. One minute at a time turns into an hour at a time to a day at a time and that's how we all live. Keep the faith and the peace.