Notices

What's the biggest myth about drinking alcohol?

Old 06-17-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

That it made me a better dancer and karaoke singer. Which it didn't. It just made me a humiliated dancer and singer.

Of course I'm still a horrible dancer and singer but now it's just plain fun.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

That everyone is doing it. It's easy to think that everyone around you is drinking when you are in recovery, but that is only because it is such a fucus of attention in early sobriety. The truth is that there are many many people who are not drinking alcohol at all. Take a look around when you are out and about and you will see this. I think we notice those who are drinking so that we can justify our own drinking being "perfectly normal" because "everyone else is doing it." This is just not true.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

That there is a thing called normal drinkers ( which I hear said on lot ) IMHO everyone that drinks is dependant on it, just at different stages . I for years could just have a few at weekends then it progressed , i was not a normal drinker just a person who was at very early stages of addiction. The first time ANYONE tastes alcohol it is purely disgusting, you have to work at it to imagine you like it. So my freind who has a coupe every new and then is still dependant on it , he has to have a drug at certain occasions even if it is afew weeks apart. This mindset change for me has helped me big time !

The sheep must drink ba ba ba !
Old 06-18-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Not really for drinking in general, but for me. That I can just have a couple drinks and stop there.

It just doesn't work like that.