Notices

I have seriously

Old 05-31-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Go easy and take care Renn.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Try some art work

Hi MLC: I've been reading your backposts and you certainly have a lot on your plate, especially with 5 children! That is a handful.

I would like to suggest something that might just help you get out of the headspace you are in at this time, and just go somewhere else. I started doing artwork a few months back - I am not a particularly good artist but I started to do it as a way to express my emotions.

I bought some acrylic paints (they dry very fast) and some inexpensive canvasses and brushes. Then just started to put paint on the canvass. It didn't matter what it looked like. If it was really awful, I'd simply paint over it (with white paint) and start again.

I then discovered graphic paper and tracing paper and started tracing favourite photographs of mine onto canvasses and then painted them.

Doing this took my mind away from my problems and made me concentrate on something else.

It's fun and now I hang my "art" on my walls :-) I am letting my inner child shine through.

You can find inexpensive art supplies at those dollar stores and later on, if you want, you can upgrade to more expensive supplies.

Take care,
Genie
Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi MLC...have been following your posts. I'm an alcoholic and also suffered from ED and used drugs. Because I could not deal with my feelings at all. This is still difficult for me, but what I have learnt over the last nine months is that nothing changes if nothing changes. Soooo, the pain and hurt is masked but not removed by addictive behaviour. And it is masked for a very short time only, the pain and hurt remain, but then we have the attendant guilt shame and remorse over our behaviour. Your children will not be better off without you. Try and act 'as if' -when I feel **** I try and do something, anything a bit constructive even if it's just the washing up. I lost my marriage as a result of my addictions, it sounds like you have a fighting chance of saving yours. Do it! Lots of love and luck to you
Old 05-31-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Genie View Post
Hi MLC: I've been reading your backposts and you certainly have a lot on your plate, especially with 5 children! That is a handful.

I would like to suggest something that might just help you get out of the headspace you are in at this time, and just go somewhere else. I started doing artwork a few months back - I am not a particularly good artist but I started to do it as a way to express my emotions.

I bought some acrylic paints (they dry very fast) and some inexpensive canvasses and brushes. Then just started to put paint on the canvass. It didn't matter what it looked like. If it was really awful, I'd simply paint over it (with white paint) and start again.

I then discovered graphic paper and tracing paper and started tracing favourite photographs of mine onto canvasses and then painted them.

Doing this took my mind away from my problems and made me concentrate on something else.

It's fun and now I hang my "art" on my walls :-) I am letting my inner child shine through.

You can find inexpensive art supplies at those dollar stores and later on, if you want, you can upgrade to more expensive supplies.

Take care,
Genie
Thank you for your post. Wow, art. So not my forte! I should try though. I do feel I need a way of getting out some emotional energy and express myself. Than you!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IslaLuna View Post
Hi MLC...have been following your posts. I'm an alcoholic and also suffered from ED and used drugs. Because I could not deal with my feelings at all. This is still difficult for me, but what I have learnt over the last nine months is that nothing changes if nothing changes. Soooo, the pain and hurt is masked but not removed by addictive behaviour. And it is masked for a very short time only, the pain and hurt remain, but then we have the attendant guilt shame and remorse over our behaviour. Your children will not be better off without you. Try and act 'as if' -when I feel **** I try and do something, anything a bit constructive even if it's just the washing up. I lost my marriage as a result of my addictions, it sounds like you have a fighting chance of saving yours. Do it! Lots of love and luck to you
Thank you. You're right. We put a band aid on the pain but it never goes away. It just sits there and festers.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Art is a great idea