Notices

I have seriously

Old 05-30-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

mid, heres something i have seen:
you have been given great advise over many, many threads and you have also given great advise. all ya gotta do is put it into action and practice patience while yer givin it time. its all in Gods time.
been talkin to yer pastor?
Old 05-30-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say wow this community is amazing! Dee that wasn't some number you randomly had in your pocket!
MLC you have to fight for this work every angle when you were in detox did they do a complete psych work up? I don't mean this offensively on the contrary I worry that there may be other issues that need to be worked on concurrently with your sobriety
Old 05-30-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
I apologise for being negative.
You can do anything you want to do

But just buckle right in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start to sing as you tackle the thing
That cannot be done, and you'll do it
Old 05-30-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My kids need a better mother. Someone other than me.

no, your kids need YOU clean and sober and racing towards life!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

MLC, I think we were here the other day. Are you using any of the resources that are available to you? I see that you have started to participate on the forum which is wonderful. How about taking care of the kids, and getting things in order around the house? Try to get out of this emotional place and work towards getting better. Did you call about your ED? Are you showing your husband that you are working a program of some sort? May I ask what you are doing for recovery?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Mid, it's hard. I know. I don't have kids or family close around me, so I don't know that. But I do absolutely know that your husband and kids love you and need you. It might seem helpless through the withdrawal and being on your own, but use what you have, and get through it for them. Just know that in the future, you'll be glad you did.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
I just wanted to say wow this community is amazing! Dee that wasn't some number you randomly had in your pocket!
MLC you have to fight for this work every angle when you were in detox did they do a complete psych work up? I don't mean this offensively on the contrary I worry that there may be other issues that need to be worked on concurrently with your sobriety
No they didn't. I asked nearly everyday to see the psych when I was in detox. Watched many others get their turn, never got an appointment but one day he just decided to double my anti depressant dose (I never met him?!).

There's definitely more to it I think, I mean besides the ed.

Tomsteve. I haven't spoken to our pastor lately apart from quickly at church. He said to my husband that all our problems are 'out of his league.'

Thanks dee for the links.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
MLC, I think we were here the other day. Are you using any of the resources that are available to you? I see that you have started to participate on the forum which is wonderful. How about taking care of the kids, and getting things in order around the house? Try to get out of this emotional place and work towards getting better. Did you call about your ED? Are you showing your husband that you are working a program of some sort? May I ask what you are doing for recovery?
I am taking care of the kids, the house is fine as well. I went to counselling 2 days ago and have booked it in weekly. She was happy to discuss my ed also. Yes I am showing my husband. I really am trying, I really am.

I am posting on here alot because I do not have access to irl meetings but I will start the online ones.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:15 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good to hear MLC. I am happy to hear about all your steps in the right direction. With each passing day things will start to improve. I know its been a bumpy ride MLC. Hang on and keep posting.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you. I feel like an idiot letting it all out in here. I just don't really have anywhere else where I can, apart from the counsellor.

I so wish I could move back to the city and slot back into the Na fellowship.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

We all have our moments MLC. I was having one heck of a day myself. Sooo thankful I am about to go to bed. My husband has asked me to start yoga again for my headspace. We will have class on Saturday. Baby steps in the right direction for all of us.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Enjoy your rest. I hope tomorrow is a good day. Enjoy yoga. I might do something similar tonight.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I don't know either how its possible to change this perception of reality and lifestyle / friends and everyone else, but you obviously love your family a lot so im sure it will be worked out if need be just keep trying
Old 05-31-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm glad you let it all out here this is a safe place to "scream" for help! We are all rooting for you! It is my hope that you can get proper medical attention!

This is just my experience but I will tell you this not so little story. My husband drank and used marihuana from the age of 12-27 HEAVILY. At 27 he was put in a heart transplant list and told he would most likely not see 28 due to congestive heart failure at 27!!!!!!!! He spent 2 months in the hospital waiting for a new ticker. He quit everything that day and slowly over the course if a year made an almost full recovery without needing a transplant. Fast forward 12 years and (11/2012). His heart failure came back!!!!! He wasn't using any drugs or alcohol for 12 years. We don't know why it came back probably all the damage was there but his doctors were NEVER informed by him that he suffered extreme anxiety!

When he was in the ICU I ordered a complete psych eval for him partly because he didn't want to live through this again and partly because I knew we had to treat the anxiety.

His cardiologist said that living in constant anxious state is like doing cocaine all day long same hormones released.he fought me tooth and nail not to go on ssri type meds. But they worked amazing took a few months to see the results. He again doing well taking a ton of cardiac meds but doing well.

My point after that long winded post is mental health issues can TRULY hurt you physically. You can't properly live a happy sober life if your medical team isn't getting the whole picture. My husband would certainly not be in the cardiac health he is today if he did not look in the mirror and treat the issue that had caused him to start medicating initially.

I want so badly for you to get proper care but you have to want it too! I'm always around if you need a cheerleader feel free to PM me!
Old 05-31-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

i don't really know what just happened exactly lol other than the fact i gotta go to someones houses tommorrow at 3 pm its 8:37 pm right now hang out for a while then go home with them and drive and get shouted free booze galore
Old 05-31-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

seriously wtf is happening
Old 05-31-2013, 03:44 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

sorry for carrying on am *********
Old 05-31-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
I'm glad you let it all out here this is a safe place to "scream" for help! We are all rooting for you! It is my hope that you can get proper medical attention!

This is just my experience but I will tell you this not so little story. My husband drank and used marihuana from the age of 12-27 HEAVILY. At 27 he was put in a heart transplant list and told he would most likely not see 28 due to congestive heart failure at 27!!!!!!!! He spent 2 months in the hospital waiting for a new ticker. He quit everything that day and slowly over the course if a year made an almost full recovery without needing a transplant. Fast forward 12 years and (11/2012). His heart failure came back!!!!! He wasn't using any drugs or alcohol for 12 years. We don't know why it came back probably all the damage was there but his doctors were NEVER informed by him that he suffered extreme anxiety!

When he was in the ICU I ordered a complete psych eval for him partly because he didn't want to live through this again and partly because I knew we had to treat the anxiety.

His cardiologist said that living in constant anxious state is like doing cocaine all day long same hormones released.he fought me tooth and nail not to go on ssri type meds. But they worked amazing took a few months to see the results. He again doing well taking a ton of cardiac meds but doing well.

My point after that long winded post is mental health issues can TRULY hurt you physically. You can't properly live a happy sober life if your medical team isn't getting the whole picture. My husband would certainly not be in the cardiac health he is today if he did not look in the mirror and treat the issue that had caused him to start medicating initially.

I want so badly for you to get proper care but you have to want it too! I'm always around if you need a cheerleader feel free to PM me!
Thankyou for sharing. I am sorry to hear what your husband has gone through.

I have always had mental issues I guess. Since age 7....OCD, addictions, eds, depression, obsessions, whatever else. I would like to actually find out what's wrong with me and be able to work on it. Do all addicts get suicidal and crazy when they get clean???? It happens to me everytjme. I'm on anti depressants now and I thought they were working but today was ridiculous and scary.

The GPS want to throw meds at me and I can't find a psych. I tried so hard in detox to see the psych there.

Thanks again for your post
Old 05-31-2013, 03:52 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Renn are you ok?
Old 05-31-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

yes i am ok but have to face the universe alone which is normal i suppose for us all