Notices

Sober long weekend check in starts NOW! May 23-26

Old 05-25-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Very cold and rainy here...sick cat is improving but i'm constantly cleaning accidents..i am off to costco to buy the cat a roast chicken ( we all share), do some laundry...and have a relaxing weekend.
I take great pleasure from normal chores too....it's all good when you're sober...can't control the weather, but the mood is positive.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

It's a rainy long weekend. I'm going through my "stuff" (my earthly burden) and I'm getting rid of things I'm not going to use again. Trying to simplify and lighten the load.

This is the tail end of my first sober vacation in decades. It has been wonderful.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Glad to hear that Bruce.

I am having a lazy day. The weather is kinda crappy.

Hope you all are doing well this weekend.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm having a pretty crap day. My husband is mad at me because we are pretty broke this week (i already did my grocery shopping for the week) partly because of my other issue. I went out a fair bit and indulged in some lunches. I have an ED and i really can't afford to go out like that but it's an obsession. Well, we talked about it last night and i thought i made it clear that i am going to cut back drastically on eating out alone. So i tell him this afternoon that since we're tight on funds, i'm not going to take advantage of a sale on lobsters. First world problems, right? I mean, we have tons of food that i just bought. So he brings it up again that we can't have lobster because of my ED and he continues to harp on it. I'm just so damn tired of hearing it. Yes, i screwed up. Yes, this is al my fault but do i have to keep hearing it and be beat over the head with it? I'm just so effing tired right now. It makes me contimplate just not eating at all. I cook well every night. I thought he understood that i've been sufficiently chastised about this. Whatever. I'm done.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Rain, rain, and more rain in VT. The brook behind my place has already flooded but I was lucky. I'll be keeping a really close eye on it, however, for the rest of the day and evening. We needed the rain but this is crazy. Staying close to home and relaxing after a busy week. Taking care of the basics but this weather has zapped my motivation. I think I need to work on my gratitude; maybe I will read from the Big Book for some inspiration.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:09 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about that fandy... Hang in there. Relationships take a lot of work sometimes.

I am sober and heading out to grab some ice cream.

I am having a sucky day as well. But they come with the package.

Remember to smile today folks!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Checking in I'm still dry literally and metaphorically (thinking about all you guys on the upper East Coast who are literally wet but hopefully dry in the right way).

Last night Survived a party where the Booze was flowing and a Very Tipsy GF said and did some uncool out of line stuff. Felt edgy, but made it.

Hot Hot Hot in the Valley of the Sun. Going to Goodwill to find some dress slacks for interviews next week. Need to loose (or redistribute) some lbs. to fit into the stuff I have... Hope everyone is Having a Great Holiday Weekend so far.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Heading to bed sober is always a good feeling. See you weekenders tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hi all. Glad it's the weekend! Recently I've been absolutely consumed with some personal issues surrounding my future. Basically I am trying to prepare for 3-4 different scenarios that will take place within the next week or so. All the key triggers (money, jobs, friends, living situation) are fighting like two cats in a paper-bag up in my brain. And I have managed to worry myself sick about it. The last few days I've been showing my bad side, my inner-alcoholic: I argued with a gardener in a church courtyard (!!!), tried to bully an airline's customer service team (yeah, that's gonna work), and have been an all around grouch. I avoided my local friends here and isolated. I felt real tired too, had a couple stress-related hives even, so my stress has even effected me physically.

At some point today, the clouds lifted. Maybe not all the way, but I was able to step back and notice what's happening to me. And how worrying will not solve an issue that is out of my control. I need to chill out, and let go. At some point today I found the courage to accept the things I cannot change. I need to let go of this stress and worry. Hey, I feel lighter already just by writing his out - thanks for being here, Weekend Threaders!
Old 05-25-2013, 11:23 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Great. Made it all the way through Saturday without a drink. I was at an open air music festival which I really enjoyed. Now I am up bright and early on Sunday morning and I looking forward to going to see my parents and celebrating my Dad's birthday. I am really grateful for the support of people here and for my AA friends. It'll be great if I can finish this weekend sober.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey bigsombrero ,
That a cool thing you did, seeing the inner alkie acting out and then stepping back . In certain scenarios i get a similar thing and my responce is similar . I think it's a useful and maybe a universal tool in peoples sobriety tool box .

Yesterday my colleauge tried a re-set but it did'nt work so i was out from 8am till 10 pm ... SQL databases are complicated especially in clumpy third party software :0/ . hope the phone dosn't go again , i'm mentally tired and need some zone out time .

Hope you all have a nice sober sunnyday , M
Old 05-26-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I have put a few weekends behind me and stayed sober. Not that weekends were the only time I drank but for some reason weekends are a bugger to get through. Maybe it is the old thought pattern that I should be letting go and relaxing after a busy week. I woke up on this rainy dreary Sunday and I am STILL greatful for waking up sober. The weekend thread rocks! Staying greatful is important. And, Big, you reminded me of the importance of the Serenity Prayer
Old 05-26-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Well... Midpoint on the long weekend. Doing well here. People around me are negative and lazy but won't let that affect me.

Have a good day!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'm in a funky slump myself...but the sun is out even though it is only 58 degrees.

I feel puffy and grumpy ( i bought a new swimsuit this weekend, that is always stressful when you are female)...good thing it is cold because I can wear giant sweats to a barbque I am invited to this PM...it is a sedate crowd,the group is not a hot rowdy crowd of drinkers, maybe 2-3 people will have a beer. I am bringing my Orange honeybush teabags and some fresh tomatoes for the burgers.

my cat is improving and his good litterbox manners have returned, i am grateful for that...washing the floor daily with clorox cleanup was getting old. I can play Candy Crush inbetween doing my exercises in an attempt to look better in my new swimsuit. My daughter lives at the beach fulltime and I would like it if she is not embarrassed by her mother.

I will be sending all of my bacon to Nonsensical....and my Proscuitto to Weasey.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello, just a quick check in for my 10th weekend in a row sober.

Had a 4-day weekend from work; now I don't want to go back!

Have a nice, safe sober weekend, everyone.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good job Dave!

I'm just checking in. Kept myself busy by going to the shelter and cleaning..

I hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing, sober weekend
Old 05-26-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi all, late check-in here but sober weekend thus far. It's sunny but chilly today in Philadelphia. Yesterday my friend and I went to the Amish farms in Lancaster to stock up on the season's first crops of strawberries. I have tons of rhubarb in my garden but the strawberries were not so prolific so decided to go out and buy some. "Some" being a relative term as I think we came back with close to ten pounds. So last night and today? Strawberry jam, strawberry jelly, strawberry-rhubarb pie, strawberry-balsamic reduction for dressings and glazes...

Needless to say, right now, I am hating strawberries. And my fingers are bright red...and not in a good or appealing way.

Still, better than most of my past Memorial Day weekends, although I can't remember all of them too well.

Hope you all are well and, Fandy, good to hear your kitty is coming along. I love Maine Coon cats---how big is yours?

Hugs from Strawberry Hell.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hey P , How Bout Those PENS. Good Day Here , Picnic With Family , Now On SR , And Sober . Looking Forward To A Lazy Day Tomorrow Happy Memorial Day USA.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hey Riky, was thinking about you the other day when I saw the Penguins had clinched the conference. Don't even get me going about the Philly teams right now. For years they liked to bring us to the very edge of glory and possibility and then roll over and choke...now they are just craptastic from the start. No championship fantasies or possibilities there.

I am not bitter. Much.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I have felt crappy all day. Very lethargic. I think I'm very dehydrated from all my activities from yesterday. I did manage to get out to lowes to pick out paint colours for my house. I've decided it would be a FANTASTIC summer project for me! I do have some time off from work too get it done. Excited.