Notices

Sober long weekend check in starts NOW! May 23-26

Old 05-24-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Weasel...

Star trek...On my list... Alcohol...not on my list..

Jim
Old 05-24-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Only a half day at work today. It was a surprise, and as soon as I heard about it ol' Mr. AV kicked in and started planning the way he'd like to spend the afternoon. My wife must have heard him thinking because she called me at work and asked me to go out for dinner and a movie tonight.

Hmmmmm.....a date with a beautiful blonde or sitting in a dark room drinking poison and feeling like a bag of busted a-holes tomorrow?

I think I can figure this out!

Hope I get lucky.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Weekend's nearly upon me now and this time I'm going to be careful when it comes to answering the phone. I've got one friend who's drunk with me many times who seems to call at exactly the times I'd most like to go out! If I then go out and meet up with her I know I am going to drink again and I don't want another relapse, I really don't.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Not enough time in this weekend to do all the things that need doing. I have to try and cut some grass before it starts raining. Then come inside and do some deep cleaning in various rooms in the house . I need to wash windows sometime too. Get some dinners put together for the entire week. Cultivate my vegetable garden and plant some seeds. Then it's supposed to be sunny on Sunday, so I can continue to mow grass. Rake leaves, trim. And sometime this weekend I am hoping to finish a painting I started (for my mother).

And OMG Arrested Development starts on May 26th!!! I just blue myself!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Working now. But looking forward to relaxing tonight. And then plan on painting our stairway/hallway tomorrow. Not sure how long it will take so will hopefully get to do some other things, but the weather is not supposed to be great. I was invited to a cookout but just don't feel like going. Come on 5 o'clock!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Genie View Post
I just blue myself!
Errrrm, I am unfamiliar with this version of 'blue' as a verb, and I'd be shocked if you meant the other spelling.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Errrrm, I am unfamiliar with this version of 'blue' as a verb, and I'd be shocked if you meant the other spelling.
You have to be an Arrested Development fan to understand the quote. One of the characters, Tobias Funke, wants to be a member of the Blue Man group, and is applying his own blue makeup, when he says that line. His character is always saying things that sound inappropriate.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm in!! 4 day weekend and my 1st BBQ tonight. My friends are so wonderful they've made it into a non alcoholic party. I love my friends for doing this for me .
Old 05-24-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well my first day without the suds is OK. I can say that while painting the house and working on the lawn I would have loved to have a cold one to hold on to. I truely believe if I hadn't gone into the gym this morning I would have a harder time at it. You all have a GREAT L O N G weekend !
Old 05-24-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

We just buried my father in-law today....the thought of drinking has crossed my mind several times, but I ask myself to what end? I think I will not drink today and be the man my wife needs me to be. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Weekends in general are difficult. But I told my husband no alcohol this weekend. So I think we will grill out, go see star trek, read comics, play with the dogs and maybe do a little outside house stuff (plant flowers, paint the front porch). I am hopeful I can stay sober through the weekend. It is my FIRST weekend trying.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I'm in. To all those members in the States, enjoy the holiday weekend.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Sobriety... the Final Frontier. These are the continuing voyages of the starship Sober Weekend Thead. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before and maybe grill some meat as it is a Holiday Weekend here in the States.

Count me In!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElegantlyWasted View Post
Sobriety... the Final Frontier. These are the continuing voyages of the starship Sober Weekend Thead. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before and maybe grill some meat as it is a Holiday Weekend here in the States.

Count me In!
Haha. This is epic lol
Old 05-24-2013, 11:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Just realized I signed into last weekends thread. Oooooops. Heh. Have a major headache. Urgh. It's the pants.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:12 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

have just got a call .. one of the technicians is going to try and do a reboot themselves save me driving across London .

Have a nice coffee on the go and can read a bit more of walden by thoreeau .. it was these lines by him that interested me :-

"I would fain keep sober always. I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man; wine is not so noble a liquor. Of all ebriosity, who does not prefer to be intoxicated by the air he breathes?"

Ebriosity eh ? I had to look that up , simmalar kinda etymology as inebriate i suppose .. me and my ebriosity problem being an ebriositist on occasion . Lawks !

he he he , Happy sober saturday y'all *ring ring* , M
Old 05-25-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Well, I didn't get lucky on my date. I think the loaded BBQ cheese fries put me off my game. Slowed me down. We did sleep together, though, so I woke up to that lovely scent on the pillow next to me.

Gatsby was good. Great movie making, even if I've never found the story itself terribly compelling. Money can't buy happiness - I get it. Fortunately, money can buy bacon, and that's pretty much the same thing. There's always a little extra happiness when there's bacon around. So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Looks like it's going to be great weather for the rest of the weekend. Time to do some work and cook meat with fire.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I never thought something simple would feel this good..waking up on Saturday morning with no hangover...aaaahh..

Now quick shower and drive to the animal shelter to volunteer :o)

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend, won't be here much as I have soooo much on!
But have a good bank holiday all!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchild View Post
Weekends in general are difficult. But I told my husband no alcohol this weekend. So I think we will grill out, go see star trek, read comics, play with the dogs and maybe do a little outside house stuff (plant flowers, paint the front porch). I am hopeful I can stay sober through the weekend. It is my FIRST weekend trying.
Memorial Day Weekend last year was my first weekend. It gave me a great starting off point and I have been sober every day and every weekend since. You can do it.