Notices

Hi All...

Old 05-14-2004, 04:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hiya Jon,
First I want to thank you for all your time and hard work, and HEART. It takes someone with a gigantic heart to care about ALL of us. You do it very well.
Start posting more Jon, plus, I've missed seeing you pop in every so often. You're a person with great insight and experience, and I've missed hearing (seeing?) your posts.

Huge Hugs coming your way............
Old 05-14-2004, 05:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

((((((Jon)))))

Thanks for sharing with us
Old 05-14-2004, 05:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey pal,
As I'm forever fond of saying, light is a very good thing.
I'm glad you opened the door.

Gabe
Old 05-14-2004, 06:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
To Life!

Jon, friend

Jon;
First of all, let me say this clearly:
I love you!
I love everything that you have been for me - even when I uhhhh.....disagreed, shall we say....
I love what you have done for me and for all of our big family here at SR. You have brought together a diverse group of people who otherwise would never have met...would never have touch each other in this most meaningfull way.
Jon, do you remember once, when I stated that our actions DO make a difference? Well, my friend, YOU have made a difference to so many of us.
I am grateful.
And one last thing Jon. Please remember, the wizard, (of OZ), never gave anything to the scarecrow - or the lion or the tinman - that they didn't already have. You have brains, courage, and a heart.
And one last thing, Jon. Like Dorathy, you have a home. A home where people love you for just who you are. You don't need ruby slippers, Jon. SR is the home you have made with your brains, with your courage, with your heart.
Jon, you have been there for me so very often. I was so very worried about you. Please know, you have a friend. I am here; just a PM away at anytime.
My prayers are with you.....

"Mi Sheberakh avoteynu
Mekor Habrakha l'imoteynu
May the Source of Strength
Who blessed the ones before us
Help us find the courage
To make our lives a blessing,
And let us say: Amen

Mi Sheberakh imoteynu
Mekor Habrakha l'avoteynu
Bless those in need of healing
With refuah shleyma:
The renewal of body,
The renewal of spirit,
And let us say: Amen.

I love you, Jon....friend....Be well....
Shalom.......
Old 05-15-2004, 03:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Jon it's good to finally meet you, I'm Indigo and the site is truly a life saver thank you.
Indie
Old 05-15-2004, 12:13 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Jon

Hi Jon:

Sorry I'm so late in responding to your post but we've been out of town AGAIN.

The fact that we've been out of town is a reflection on how much you and some of the other wonderful people here have done for me. You brought me from a horrible dark place to where I am now, which is alive and happy again! Thank you Jon I never would have made it without you and this site!

Jon don't ever give up! Please let us share with you what you have shared with us! You have been such an inspiration to me and to so many others!
I love you, Jon! I personally would be honored if I could ever do anything to lighten your load!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 05-15-2004, 01:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

(((Jon))) Thank you so much for everything you do around here. Take care of yourself!

Hugs,
Missy
Old 05-15-2004, 03:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Missed You- glad to see you are back-steph
Old 05-15-2004, 07:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Jon,

SO GLAD to see you posting and keeping us informed. Just this week at our Al Anon meeting we discussed working this program with the help of our HP AND our recovery friends. You know as well as I do that we can't go this thing alone thus I'm so glad you reached out to us. Lord knows we've reached out and GRABBED YOU a million, zillion times sharing with you and asking for your advice.

Thanks, Jon, for giving so much to all of us and for letting us be a part of your life. And btw, Jon, do you realize you have a PILE OF WOMEN here who hang on your every word? Now what other man could say that?...

Love ya, bud,

Hangin' In
Old 05-15-2004, 09:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Jon,

You were one of the very first to welcome and wack me! This site had been a god send to me and without it I am not sure where I would be today.

Please stay a part of us - we need you!
Old 05-15-2004, 09:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

(((((((((( Jon )))))))))

I'm dual diagnosed too. I know what it's like...... sux.

Thank you for your dedication to a bunch of addicts and drunks like us! And thanx for telling us more about yourself.

As you know because you tell all of us this..... post whenever you please. It's your site for recovery too
Old 05-15-2004, 09:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Bird on the rise

(((Jon)))

I can't begin to express my gratitude for what you have created here. You have made and continue to make an immense contribution in the world and know that being able to come to SR has literally saved my sanity, my spirit, my life and has kept me sober. Thank you for being you. My heart goes out to you, I too am at least dually diagnosed and I know how hard it can be. I'll be keeping you in my prayers Jon. Take care.

Love

Marie
Old 05-16-2004, 01:08 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You know Jon, you have put together a place here that many call home.....a cyber home, but a home no less. It came from the imagination and dedication you had 4 yrs. ago to help others gain and maintain a recovery program that reaches out to yet others for help in recovery.

All facets of human issues come accross these boards and find support among strangers, that become friends, that become a family! We are all here struggling with lifes little challanges that the HP sends our way, learning to deal with the addictions that befall us "all". Learning that it is OK to take care of ourselves and to do what is necessary for our sanity, peace of mind, and happiness.

This cannot be achieved without support of those around us, including our computer support. For some really incredible reason the connection between the people on this message board has brought about recovery and growth in it's members, including myself. Much of that is credited to you, my friend, as much as the other members here. You have a way with words and for getting to the point, to the core of the issues......with a very caring heart that shines through this place.

You have been here for many many people.......supporting and caring...........we, also, support, care, and love you lots!!!!! Words sometimes just can't express enough, but hopefully you know what is already in my heart....................a friend likes being "a friend" also. Let us be that for you! Our {my} heart does not judge you!

You are a treasured friend........hugs.........
Old 05-16-2004, 03:45 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi jon,
I can really relate being also an addict and bipolar. When I found this site sept. 2002 I had 3 days of not using any drugs and booze after nearly 20 years of addiction. How much it helped when you expressed to me " we're not bad people, were sick people trying to get better."
today, 17 months sober, no cigarettes for 9 months I have come to love myself and living without hurting myself. SR has been a part, with many other practices that helped me get to where I am today.
Although today I find myself sharing a mixture of views on my recovery, I take the bits and peices that are right for me and apply them and it works. It's that first week when I had a few days clean when I reached out and SR was there. And I can truly say I may not have gotten to where I am at without listening to the suggestions of some truly caring SR people, and you are one of them.
H
Old 05-16-2004, 04:51 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Hangin' In,
Now I want to change my handle to Hanging-on-Jon's-every-word. It's true, we are Jon's harem now.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:04 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by mountaingirl
Hangin' In,
Now I want to change my handle to Hanging-on-Jon's-every-word. It's true, we are Jon's harem now.
Oh give me a break!
Actually, maybe us guys could be the Imperial Guard!
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem! : Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business. lol!

Last edited by Dan; 05-16-2004 at 05:52 AM. Reason: spelling!
Old 05-16-2004, 05:08 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Uh oh, back to the Latin? I never did catch up with you.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:11 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Don't worry, Daniel, you have a harem too and you know it.
Old 05-16-2004, 05:12 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Dan

Much less of a headache,
pushing back the plebes MG!
Old 05-16-2004, 05:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

(((JON)))
THIS WORKS FOR ME EVERY TIME I'M FEELING BLAH.

YES YES YES YES YES

SEE WHAT I MEAN?