Notices

Hi All...

Old 05-13-2004, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Hi All...

It seems like forever since I've posted.

When we crashed, it took a toll on me emotionally and physically, and at times I felt like just walking away from SR.

I also realized that these boards help me isolate, and for an addict like me that’s a really bad thing.

When I saw the pics of the "Don't Quit" gang today, it brought a huge smile to my face, and inspired me to write a little.

September will mark 4 years for SR...And the last 2 it's been my full-time job. Thank g-d for all the wonderful people who help out- without them I would be lost.

My recovery has been a struggle lately. As a "dually" (dual-diagnosed), it is imperative that I work both sides of my disease 100%. I have not been doing that, and so I get more uncomfortable, more isolative, and less happy.

It really is about the basics. When I do what I know I should do, the results are very consistent. Happy, Joyous, Free.

When I don't...well, I get very, very, sick.

When I get really sick, it hurts...a lot.

So my commitment is to let more people in on what’s really going on...good, bad, ugly, or dark.

And let my friends help shine some light in....

I love you all.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

((Jon))
Dang it's good to see you.
Love you too man.
Thank you for this beautiful home.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Jon, Thanks for sharing your heart with us. I call SR the miracle network.
My prayers are with you. Thanks for letting us into your home.
Love you Jon
Old 05-13-2004, 08:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Jon, thanks for this wonderful place. I hope the light is shining brightly for you.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

jon
this place is a miracle in action
you too
me too
thanks
mackat
Old 05-13-2004, 08:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jon,

thanks for all you do! wow i think this is one of the first posts ive read of yours. your site rocks, and has helped me every day for... seven months! its part of my daily thing now. by dually diagnosed do you mean addiction and mental illness? i suppose i am that too and it sucked when i tried to pretend i wasnt, haha. OKAY, enough of my rambling. thank you for the site and for everything!

most importantly... ROCK ON

dotster
Old 05-13-2004, 09:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jon! !

Wonderful to hear from you! ! Your posts, insight and dedication here at SR have been an inspiration to me for almost a year. (It will be a year on May 21st)

I too have struggled big time in recent months, both personally and professionally. My program is not what is used to be*, but I am still sober, because of AA, the steps, my sponsor, working with others, and my Higher Power, whom I choose to call God. There never was a Higher Power** in my life until I found AA, as I was forced to attend church as a child (I'm a recovering "Catholic light", Episcopalian)

While my sobriety date is in July, (cause I kept smoking the wacky tobacky for 14 months), my last drink was May 4th, 2001.

NEVER in my wildest dreams, did I EVER think I could go three years w/o a drink! (Generally I didn't go three hours)

SR has played a HUGE part in my sobriety. JON! Never, never, never, EVER , never, EVER, quit trudging the road to happy destiny...............remember, I'm pretty close to Palm Springs, don't make me get in my car, drive over there, and smack ya' around, LOL!

One of the MOST incredible things about the fellowship for me, are the friends I have made in sobriety. Jon, if you ever need someone to talk to, or hang out with, please know I am here for you, forever.

When in doubt, close your eyes, and think about one of your old home groups, Skid Row Drifters............nothing is worth going back there!

N O T H I N G ! !

AND, just WHEN are we going to hook up at Crown City Speakers?

Take Care, thanks again, and keep in touch! It works IF ya' work it!

Tom

* But I DO have the tools now, and I KNOW what I need to do.

** Religion is for those who are afraid of going to h*ll, spirituality is for those who have already been there!
Old 05-14-2004, 04:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jon,

It's super to have you back. Sorry it's been a bad time for you, but you know where to find us! Thanks again for SR and for everything you do for us.

Love, Anna
Old 05-14-2004, 04:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for SR, I just recently found it and i'm hooked.

Love ya
Laurie D
Old 05-14-2004, 05:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Jon,
So glad you said those things. I knew it had to have been rough for you when the site crashed. The mechanics of getting things going again on top of your huge heart worrying about us all. What a weird week that was, not having this community - and superduper weird for YOU I'm sure.
I'm really glad that you are getting something out of the experience that you can use: the understanding of what you need. And I hope you'll come and share more. When ever I see that you've posted, I know its important! You don't mince words. I love that about you.
Thanks for everything Jon. Wish your picture was on the Don't Quit Gang page too!
hugs
Old 05-14-2004, 05:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Gold Member

((((((((((((((huggys Jon)))))))))! A thousand thank yous would never be enough for all you have done for people who struggle with addiction and mental health issues. I think what makes SR so beautiful is that the "brain" of this site is willing to share his heart with others. I'm glad you jumped in again, I was worried about you! I wish your picture was posted too,but even if ya don't, the inside of the brain with a heart is rocking our world with his ideas and determination. Your a beautiful soul Jon!!!
Old 05-14-2004, 07:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
spirit

hey Jon,

welcome to SR!!!! ( i dont think anyone has probably said that to YOU)

this such a cool place, with many brilliant and supportive people, many just waiting to be your friend.

we are friends to all who come here, because we have been taught lessons about empathy, committment and companionship well. (by you)

as i say to other newbies (haha) read the posts, get a feel for the place and tell us your story, we are hear to listen and help if we can. we will travel together.

most of all keep coming back!! you take care of yourself now

hugs
kath
Old 05-14-2004, 07:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Smile

((((Jon))))
Its wonderful to hear from you. I'm like some of the others, I have been worried about you, when we havent seen as much from you in chat and on the boards. And your right that isolation can be as bad as the addictions if we let it. I know it must have taken a toll on you when our site crashed. I worried about you when we didnt hear from you much, and I'm glad your back with us. I am so grateful for everything you've done to make SR a home for all of us. You've done a wonderful job with everything you've done keeping SR going, and your an inspiration to all of us.
Keep coming back and sharing more with us, and your right about being dually diagnosed, it can make your recovery twice as hard sometimes. I suffer from the same disease with my alcoholism, and I know what it can be like. So lets see that "happy face" of yours more often here, we all love you and we've been missing you. And thanks again for everything you do. Love you, Bonni
Old 05-14-2004, 09:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jon,

Well I have missed the cyber father of my child! I have wondered where you were. PM on the way
Old 05-14-2004, 09:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Red face Thank -you!

((Jon)) thank you for sharing that.I am a* dually * myself! I know my diseases live in isolation today,some days I still fall back into it but thank God for AA and therapy and the awareness that comes with..it was a pattern for me that I found very,very hard to break.Part of my recovery today is to *just do it* doesnt matter if i feel like it or not! These boards mean a great deal to me as the people on them do also! I want to thank you ! Know that you are helping many! Prayer to you Jon Trish.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Welcome back Jon,
I wondered where you were. SR has been an amazing tool for me in my recovery. But it is only one of many wonderful tools I have found in recovery. Be well Jon. Let us be your tool, not your isolation. Hugs, Magic
Old 05-14-2004, 11:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

jon, good to hear from you. thanks!
Old 05-14-2004, 12:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY JON, HOPE YOU START POSTING MORE,
I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET!
MY FRIENDS I HAVE MET HERE ARE FAMILY TO ME.
THANKS FOR S/R, AS (((DOT))) WOULD SAY,
KEEP SHINING BROTHER!!! ted
Old 05-14-2004, 02:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Jon....good to see you posting. I hope you feel better soon...Ah isolation, yep not a good thing at all, get out there and kick up your heels, go have some fun.

I remember you posting a message once....H.A.L.T

I can only imagine the work put into this site, keeping it going, updates and such, and then a CRASH. I feel bad seeing you say it sometimes takes a toll on you, that's not good bud.

What you have created I still think it's a miracle Jon....I have a feeling the HP (BG big guy) reached down and touched you and made this your job, I don't think he meant to make it a burden for you.

Stay well (((((((((Jon)))))))))) take care of YOU, keeping you in my prayers. You know I haven't prayed as much as I have since I found SR.

Love and hugs, and many thanks........Denise
Old 05-14-2004, 03:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jon

Again, Welcome Home!! I know I've said it before, but there is no measure of the gratitude I have for your friendship, advice and support that you have given me over the years. I wouldn't be in the good place I am today if you hadn't guided me along the way.

Keep doing whatever you need to do to be well. We all support you just as you have supported us, and we all walk this road together, so just lean on us when you need to and keep your load light.

Hugs and Love
Ann