Notices

I get paid

Old 05-15-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

In my first days, I could not do things like cook, etc, cos I related all to drink. So on a pay day in early days, I would pick up Chinese on way home from work, pick up some choc goodies, library/book store for recovery books. Home by 7pm armoured with all my safe stuff, I'd get into bed with books, laptop (SR) and tv on in background - eat my goodies. Reading SR and the books helped me not want to go back out and drink. Then I'd fall asleep listening to AA tapes. I did this for about 2 weeks. Now, nearly 3 months, I can do all those normal things without craving constantly at least.

I agree with others, def make a plan Chill. Otherwise as you know, it will be groundhog and the same ol' same ol' come hangover day. Not worth it. Best wishes.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If you don't have one already, I would recommend going to the bank with your check and opening a savings or investment account. Set up an automatic transfer to move the money you were spending on alcohol to the new account.

Sit back and watch your money grow. Use it at some point to do something for yourself that you have been putting off because of drinking.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Chilled.

How is it going today?