Notices

hi, new here, so I guess that's a start

Old 05-14-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Welcome to SR..congrats on 4 days!! woohoo Love u're attitude-(this too shall pass). The DT's,sweats,diarrhea etc are for 5-7 days max then u will never have to re-live them if u follow the simple saying of 1 day @ a time. U can also in the morning say "I haven't quit drinking but for today I won't pick up a drink"
Also find the closest AA meeting is to u & u don't have to commit to it or anything. Just listen to what is shared around the room for an hr & u'll ask u'reself later why u never thot of this way of living & yet still enjoy life
You Can Do It
Old 05-14-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Well done! How are you feeling today? Stick with it, this too shall pass.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Recovering

Well done intriptik!

You may find sleep disturbed for a while. Perhaps the worst part is that we always seem to have a bleak view of things at 3am. But that will get better over time. You only have to go through these first days once. I now love sobriety (and I never thought I would say that) so the mental attachment to alcohol fades as well.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

How's it going now? Feeling less anxious and shaky? Do let us know how you're getting on.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by intriptik View Post
I'm scared, I don't want to not drink..........Am I really just not gonna ever be able to drink? That bothers me. Thanks for the replies guys
I felt like this for a very long time. Now finally after 2 years of trying various approaches:SR, AA and struggling on my own to abstain, moderate, deny accept, deny, accept.. I am delighted to have 155 days sober!! I honestly see that there is no place for alcohol in my life and am so grateful that the battle in my head has stopped. I'm a non-drinker and though I never thought I would get there it is completely worth the wait. Keep going no matter how hard it is or how long it takes. Best of luck intriptik.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
How's it going now? Feeling less anxious and shaky? Do let us know how you're getting on.
This morning is better. I'm not shaking, sleepy but calm. Hopefully work will be easy and either way, I think I'll be ok
Old 05-15-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
hopping for freedom

Yay! Good for you!