Notices

*Ring Ring* Weekenders! Stay Sober Here 4/12 - 4/14

Old 04-13-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday here in Vermont! Finding myself a little too much in my head at the moment as I'm alone with my pup big part of day. Trying to tackle a few chores. I find it is easier to not pick up or think about drinking but I'm a little lost about what else to do with myself. Weather not so great today so not inclined to be outside. I've been contemplating reviewing "The Sober Kitchen" so I may head over to the bookstore....maybe it will inspire me to cook which I hate doing!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Ring ring folks! It's bewitching hour! Stay the course on this Saturday evening!

You can say no to av. Say no to the continued pattern. Feel that bit uncomfortable. You won't die saying no tonight. In the morning as ourself if everything was ok cuz you said no!

Old 04-13-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks Weasel enjoy your evening. Saturday check in here, still bright and early 6pm CDT. Really bitter and windy cold weather today. Went out with my camera to try and get some photos and didn't get much. Kind of ho-hum now. Doing some pondering about life direction...I think I do that too often these days for my own good.

I will not consume alcohol today. It's like skydiving - just ain't gonna happen. Have any of you ever been skydiving? I have done some crazy things that many people would never dream of - but I am just not digging skydiving. I once heard a man say "I do not fear heights; I respect them". I am on board with that. I went to the top of the Sears Tower last summer, 120 floors I think, and they have this SkyDeck built out of GLASS. You can stand on it, and when you look down you see straight to the pavement. My knees literally buckled, no thanks!
Old 04-13-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Saturday 7:33. Still sober...tomorrow morning I will feel great! Again!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

It' 9:30pm and I just got home from driving my son to a friend's house. As I traveled through town I passed the bars in town that I often frequented during my active drinking. It doesn't suck as much driving past them now. I saw two police cars with people pulled over. I don't detour around town any more to avoid them. It was raining and the weather not so great. I didn't have to worry like I normally used to as I wasn't half looped driving now. While I still get the heeby-jeebies having to drive around at night when everyone is out, I have a deeper appreciation at times like this when I'm at home having decided to stay sober.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

*Ring Ring* Checking in. Its Saturday 8:37 pm. Rockin sobriety. Day 23.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hey EndStage, it's my day 23 too. It's so nice to actually be able to do things on the weekends. 7pm in California and looking forward to a relaxing Saturday night and a painless Sunday morning.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey Briar, congrats on your 23 days!!!!!! I will have to agree that it is nice to do things on the weekend and actually enjoy life. I'm finding myself do things in which I used to enjoy. Keep rockin steady!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sober Sally on Saturdays here! ! ring ring lets rooolllll
Old 04-14-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

My body aches from working on my deck yesterday.

Went to dinner and then Cirque du Soleil with Mrs. Non last night. At the Cirque there were beer sales. Those big 24 oz beers like at sports events. Observed lots of people partaking, and thought "huh? You're at the circus, and you need beer?"

Couple of months ago I would probably have been one of them. In fact, I probably would have taken one to my seat, excused myself to the bathroom and bought another without the wife around, powered it down at the concession stand and went back to my seat.

I might actually be making progress.

RING RING
Old 04-14-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Woke ready for a sunny day. Kinda just hanging out today. Sober.

Sundays were always my nemesis. Not any more. They are a day that I have come to really enjoy. Because they present me with the greatest of opportunities... more than any other day of the week. Sundays give me a way to wake up on a Monday and feel refreshed. Happy that the shock of changing gears to work life is not clouded with shame, guilt, and remose.

That never gets old!

K
Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by bigsombrero
Have any of you ever been skydiving? I have done some crazy things that many people would never dream of - but I am just not digging skydiving.
YES! I love it. In true junkie fashion, I would do it every day if I could. If it scares me. I like it. I like it alot.

Great weekend! I'm riding my bike to the beach today. Close to 20 miles round trip. I really need to clean my house, but the weather is beautiful and the shore line of the Gulf is calling to me.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

*Ring Ring* Checking in on this Sunday afternoon. Day 24 sober. Having a rough start though. Depression hit me out of no where. Not giving in. Will continue on rockin steady and pressing forward.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Me too EndStage....I'm feeling funky today but I'm not going to drink. My bf would rather hang out with his friends today then me as it is his birthday today. I know it is because I'm not drinking and I've made the choice to not be around alcohol. It makes me sad but I realize that he has an issue with alcohol. Some times I get overwhelmed with the levels of loss in my life. I think I'm feeling that right now. In reviewing H.A.L.T I'm lonely and tired. I am going to take a nap. Then I will go grocery shopping and hopefully my son will be home soon. If not, I will be back on SR!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

wing wing!!

Sober with God, the 24 hr club, meetings, my sponsor, and SR woohoooo!

Thanks weasel!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Soberclover, I was about to go take a nap as well, but then something inside said "GO RUN!!!!!!!!" I ended up running 2 1/2 miles and feel great, yet there is that feeling ... I'm alone and lonely. Everyone that was around me were drunks and now I refuse to associate. No family around (NONE) except my sisters kids, only see them on Wednesdays. Up's and Down's ... That's all it is. Still sober. I'm going to Celebrate Recovery at my church. I know it will help me through this as well with SR!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Sunday ring! Looking out of the window at Lake Michigan from downtown. Took a walk and almost got giddy - when the sun sets I'm going back out with my camera and my new tripod. There is a good spot to set up to catch the traffic coming into the city, with the sunset it should be nice. Have a great rest of your weekend everyone!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Chicago is a nice place to be during the day... at night, no way would I go out. Used to live in Chitown. Quickly moved out as soon as the crime rate sky rocketed.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

*ring ring*

Nice to see the some new and some old timers chiming in with the thread

Hope everyone had a good weekend , been doing a huge pile of housework here and Bioshock infinite has messed up my sleeping pattern slightly , but it was worth it

It smelled like summer today so i went out for a walk around , tomorow morning i hope to be able to put the roof down on the "classic / old banger " i run round in and drive to work ..

Hope you guys have got thro' sober . Even if you didn't, you just pick yourself up and get right back to it ,

M
Old 04-14-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

RING RING

I got everything done on my deck project today that I wanted to. My back,arms,shoulders....ahhhh never mind trying to list all my parts that hurt. Everything hurts to some degree. Flipping from sedentary desk job during the week to carpenter on the weekends is physically challenging for me. Hoping I will start to get in better shape now that I won't be slurping down 3,000 calories in libations after the work is done.

It was a wonderful day, weather-wise. My farmer's tan is coming along nicely.

I have tomorrow off, so my weekend will ring through until Tuesday.